Online Series: Star Wars: The Acolyte on Disney+

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
[It seems my first answer to this was judged inappropriate so I'll try again without using any terms related to the circus]

1) Don't pretend I spoke for anybody else than myself, and don't post on a message board if you don't want people to react to your opinions.

2) I didn't make any particular claim other than yours were simple and wrong - I also advised to drop the "let me teach you something" tone, which clearly went over your head.

3) I didn't claim expertise (not in this thread anyway), so don't try to make this argument anything else than what it is.

4) I am generally speaking a smart person? Well thank you very much. (I think this was verbatim my original answer to this - I take for granted it's polite enough)

and 5) I politely ask again what is the topic on which you pretend you have more understanding than me (or anyone else here) ?

Because, clearly, you are the only one who claims expertise. And you seem to think that you did backed that up pretty solidly... I mean:

- You did tell someone that they seriously should read about the difference between fiction and documentaries (!) and backed yourself with a link to a post on Quora (woah).

- You did claim that it was better to have a fire in space in fiction because more thought-provoking.

- You did use big words like foreshadowing.

I guess that's what experts do. How would I know? :dunce:
You made mistake of reading message that was not addressed to you and was not about you and because the other user made similar claim as you did - you took that message on your account. And insulted me because of it.

Here is where that side discussion not related to you came from: Online Series: - Star Wars: The Acolyte on Disney+

On top of that you are still missing the point I am talking about, despite the fact that I even highlighted it in my original message. And several times explained to you. Here is it again. And this time I cut everything so you can't make the same mistake again.
it's SW and it won't suddenly be brilliant...

And this is the claim I was asking you to elaborate on. And I did not ask you to write an academic paper. I asked you to do to the very thing you came here to do - write your opinion on this show but this time providing more details to support the claim you made.

P.s.
And I think your next message to me should start with apology.

P.p.s And if you don't like so much the tone of my messages, then drop your own condescending sarcastic tone you started with. Or learn to take it as much as you dish it out.

Last edited:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
they seriously have no f***ing clue how to write a story, craft a character or do anything.
So, what so wrong with Ahsoka characters or story?

Actually, since we are here in The Acolyte topic. What is so wrong with The Acolyte characters and story?

And just out of curiosity how did you manage to watch all The Acolyte episodes? I thought only first 4 were available. Or I misunderstood your comment and it is not about The Acolyte at all?

Last edited:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
As much as all the fanboys wanted Filoni to run things and thought everything would be golden like when Lucas was in charge, it hasn't. If anything, he's more like Lucas when it comes to not knowing how to execute is vision. Nothing he's done so far has really stuck with me, including his directing on the Mandalorian/BOBF . His future SW project has a lot riding on it.
As one of these fanboys, and I am - because he is a crazy good story teller and character creator, while Lucas is still better at world building though, I tend to agree that writers may be better to stick with writing.

But as I understand (may be I am mistaken about it) the current Filoni's duty is to oversee the writing for the star wars in general, so other writers would not go out of certain unified approach to the history of star wars.

And I believe he participated in The Acolyte development in this very role. He did not interfere with the film-makers own vision, only checked they were not doing something that would not make sense later.

So it would not be another sequel trilogy problem when every movie was going to a different direction ignoring each other's existence.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
As much as all the fanboys wanted Filoni to run things and thought everything would be golden like when Lucas was in charge, it hasn't. If anything, he's more like Lucas when it comes to not knowing how to execute is vision. Nothing he's done so far has really stuck with me, including his directing on the Mandalorian/BOBF . His future SW project has a lot riding on it.
I'm not really a fan of him, either, but he was promoted to Chief Creative Officer only 6 months ago, well after this show wrapped filming, and isn't credited on it at all, not even as an executive producer. This show appears to be all on Kennedy and Headland. Filoni's next credit is as executive producer on Skeleton Crew later this year and it'll probably take another couple of years until the projects started after his promotion come out.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
And this is the claim I was asking you to elaborate on. And I did not ask you to write an academic paper. I asked you to do to the very thing you came here to do - write your opinion on this show but this time providing more details to support the claim you made.
See, you do it again, you realize how your position is undefendable, and you try to make the argument about something else. You even went back to your original post to edit it and swing it!

Untitled-2.jpg

Still, you forgot to edit the part where you do ask me to write a short essay, and not about the fact that SW has never been brilliant, but to show off my analytical skills against "yours"*, because, as you put it in your next message:

For me it is important that you stop claiming expertise you do not posses.
Which, you realize now, I did not do (and didn't need to edit anything to try to be right).

*I'm afraid that is indeed a little condescending and sarcastic.

That being said, I think here lies the real problem:

As one of these fanboys, and I am

SW fans are not my favorite people, as I think they love to be wrong. So yeah, since the conversation is now about that, SW has never been brilliant and won't suddenly be, it's a children tale of the simplest kind, with simplistic moral dichotomy built on archetypes and preexisting tropes. When it's good (Empire), it's still not great, and when it tries to be a little more complex (Last Jedi), it loses its audience. On the other hand, when it's bad (the prequels), it's really bad, and when it's stupid (Rise of Skywalker), it's pretty stupid.

Still, I think it's mostly harmless fun and should be appreciated for what it is. Reason why all this hate towards newer entries (stirred by some genius level geeks on YouTube who understood that uniting these people into some angry reactions would generate more clicks and money than any clear-headed conversation) is hilarious to me: fanboys manipulated into hating the very thing they were fanboying about.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
it's SW and it won't suddenly be brilliant...
since you still did not provided any supporting arguments, I am calling your statement a bs. You lied, mate, you have no idea what you talked about.

SW fans are not my favorite people,

You are my favorite clown.

Learn to read at least:

This is the message I quoted:
As much as all the fanboys wanted Filoni

This is my answer to it:
As one of these fanboys, and I am - because he is a crazy good story teller and character creator

The thing you missed called "context". Go google what it means.

P.s. And learn already what P.S. stands for, "sherlock".

P.p.s. Oh no, I edited my message several times. I am doing it, so it would not be too difficult for you to read it.

Last edited:

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
since you still did not provided any supporting arguments, I am calling your statement a bs. You lied, mate, you have no idea what you talked about.
What?! So now let me call bs on you calling bs on me calling bs on you. In the end, I called bs first, but you're still the expert.

PS: I'll edit this later to make it look like I understood your nonsense.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
This show is turning flat quickly.

I tune in every time and then lose interest after the 3rd episode.

Pretty cheesy how the small fire to burn a book turned into an extinction. The broken bridge scene was so funny.

I am not saying that all Star Wars is boring and re-hash.

Andor and Rogue One were pretty good.

This one is good for napping.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
What?! So now let me call bs on you calling bs on me calling bs on you. In the end, I called bs first, but you're still the expert.

PS: I'll edit this later to make it look like I understood your nonsense.

Your attempts to post false unsupported statements look like this to me:

So let's try it again, do you have the skills and knowledge to evaluate the professional work of Star Wars writers (specifically the Acolyte writers) or no?

I doubt this is what happened.
And remember that you need to say the truth. You need to answer honestly - that you do not have enough skills to tell if the Acolyte writers doing great job or bad job.

Last edited:

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
So, what so wrong with Ahsoka characters or story?

Actually, since we are here in The Acolyte topic. What is so wrong with The Acolyte characters and story?

And just out of curiosity how did you manage to watch all The Acolyte episodes? I thought only first 4 were available. Or I misunderstood your comment and it is not about The Acolyte at all?
You mean apart from Ahsoka being boring as shit, Rosario Dawson's fight scences that made her move with the grace of an 85 year old woman with 2 broken hips, the stupid f***ing bug eyed turtle men with their stupid ass sling shots, The jedi/mandalorian e-girl who survives being stabbed in the intestine with a lightsaber, making Thrawn a complete incompetent sack of shit, the witches and the main bad all going out like complete bitches in like 3 seconds, the constant loooooooooooooog dialong pauses with arms folded and the characters constantly staring off screen? At least Ahsoka was so terrible it made me piss myself laughing who bad it was, this is dog shit.

Last edited:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
You mean apart from Ahsoka being boring as shit, Rosario Dawson's fight scences that made her move with the grace of an 85 year old woman with 2 broken hips, the stupid f***ing bug eyed turtle men with their stupid ass sling shots, The jedi/mandalorion e-girl who survives being stabbed in the intestine with a lightsaber, making Thrawn a complete incompetent sack of shit, the witches and the main bad all going out like complete bitches in like 3 seconds, the constant loooooooooooooog dialong pauses with arms folded and the characters constantly staring off screen? At least Ahsoka was so terrible it made me piss myself laughing who bad it was, this is dog shit.

So let me clarify then. When you posted this:
they seriously have no f***ing clue how to write a story, craft a character or do anything.

you had no "f***ing clue" (c) what you were talking about. You do not know even what the script writing is and what knowledge and skills a writer needs to qualify for a job.

• Haha
Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

you had no "f***ing clue" (c) what you were talking about. You do not know even what the script writing is and what knowledge and skills the writer needs to qualify for a job.
If they knew how to write a story, why is the one twin seeking vengeance for her herself killing her family and coven of lesbian space witches because she stupidly locked her sister in their room and burned their community to the ground? That makes f***ing sense shes's seeking vengeance on herself? Except the L that Disney ass f***ed the franchise into oblivion.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
If they knew how to write a story, why is the one twin seeking vengeance for her herself killing her family and coven of lesbian space witches because she stupidly locked her sister in their room and burned their community to the ground? That makes f***ing sense shes's seeking vengeance on herself?
When one wants to know something, one asks questions about it. Like "hey fellow star wars fans, can anyone explain me this or that and why writers wrote this and not that." One does not make false statements about things one does not know.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
This show is turning flat quickly.

I tune in every time and then lose interest after the 3rd episode.

Pretty cheesy how the small fire to burn a book turned into an extinction. The broken bridge scene was so funny.

I am not saying that all Star Wars is boring and re-hash.

Andor and Rogue One were pretty good.

This one is good for napping.
Where the bricks and stones made of white phosphorous and napalm? Because that's not how non-combustible things work folks, I'm no architecture expert or anything ....buuuuuuuut.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Where the bricks and stones made of white phosphorous and napalm? Because that's not how non-combustible things work folks, I'm no architecture expert or anything ....buuuuuuuut.
This is essentially a general question to the whole genre of fictional movies, not really specific to The Acolyte. The Acolyte writers have not done anything drastically different from all other writers that ever lived.

Personally I think this is the best answer to it: Why do movies depict things so differently from reality?

Movies often depict things differently from reality for a variety of reasons, including artistic license, storytelling purposes, audience engagement, and practical considerations. Here are some common reasons why movies may deviate from reality:
  1. Entertainment Value: Movies are primarily a form of entertainment, and filmmakers often take creative liberties to make the story more engaging, exciting, or emotionally impactful. This can involve exaggerating certain aspects of reality, simplifying complex situations, or adding dramatic flair to make the movie more entertaining for the audience.
  2. Storytelling: Filmmakers may alter or exaggerate elements of reality to better serve the story they want to tell. This could involve creating larger-than-life characters, escalating conflicts for dramatic effect, or using visual effects to enhance the narrative.
  3. Visual Appeal: Movies are a visual medium, and filmmakers often prioritize visual appeal over strict adherence to reality. This can involve using special effects, camera tricks, and artistic techniques to create a visually stunning or memorable experience for the audience.
  4. Time Constraints: Movies typically have limited time to tell a story, so filmmakers may condense or simplify events that would take much longer in reality. This can result in a compressed timeline or streamlined version of reality to fit within the constraints of the film.
  5. Technical Limitations: Some aspects of reality may be difficult or impractical to accurately depict on screen due to technical limitations, budget constraints, or logistical challenges. In these cases, filmmakers may take creative liberties to work around these limitations and achieve their desired effect.
  6. Cultural Context: Movies are often influenced by cultural norms, trends, and expectations. Filmmakers may alter or exaggerate certain aspects of reality to cater to audience expectations or to reflect prevailing cultural attitudes and values.
  7. Fantasy and Science Fiction: In genres like fantasy and science fiction, filmmakers intentionally depart from reality to create fantastical worlds, creatures, and events that captivate the audience's imagination. In these cases, the departure from reality is a deliberate creative choice rather than an oversight.
Overall, the divergence between movies and reality is often a deliberate artistic choice made by filmmakers to create engaging, visually compelling, and emotionally resonant storytelling experiences for audiences.

• Haha

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
So let's try it again, do you have the skills and knowledge to evaluate the professional work of Star Wars writers (specifically the Acolyte writers) or no?

Here's a real question: do you have the psychoanalytical knowledge to understand that a superiority complex is only a defense mechanism to cope with inferiority ? And your inferiority complex is really out of this world.
As for my skills and knowledge about filmmaking, screenwriting,.... as you're all about measuring dicks, I'll let you keep showing off your 2 inchers and digging your grave. It really doesn't matter what knowledge I have, you are still trying to discuss referentiality (with clearly limited understanding) with links to a post from Quora, the same one you already linked to in this very thread.

you had no "f***ing clue" (c) what you were talking about. You do not know even what the script writing is and what knowledge and skills a writer needs to qualify for a job.
Wow, the things you know.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a real question:
These feeble attempts to cover up your initial lie are not as impressive as you think.

P.s.
as you're all about measuring dicks, I'll let you keep showing off your 2 inchers and digging your grave.

You said so many lies here that you forgot you started this contest.

Btw, your fixation on people's genitals looks unhealthy. You need to visit a doctor mate. That's treatable.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If they knew how to write a story, why is the one twin seeking vengeance for her herself killing her family and coven of lesbian space witches because she stupidly locked her sister in their room and burned their community to the ground? That makes f***ing sense shes's seeking vengeance on herself? Except the L that Disney ass f***ed the franchise into oblivion.
We haven't been given the whole story yet. The first two episodes were titled "Lost/Found" and "Revenge/Justice," with half of each referring to Mae and the other half to Osha. The third episode was titled just "Destiny," which suggests that it contains only Osha's POV. As I wrote a few days ago (just before the discussion got derailed), I'm sure that we're going to get another flashback to that night, in which we get Mae's POV and learn that it was actually the Jedi that wiped out the community and Mae witnessed it. That'll explain why she's determined to hunt down and kill those Jedi responsible, why she told Indara in the first episode that the Jedi do kill the unarmed, why she (the sole survivor, so she thought) was the only person who could give Torbin absolution and why he felt guilty enough to commit suicide.

So, Mae's motivations are likely to make more sense in the end. That said, I'm still with you on the writing being poor and believe that there are plenty of other things to criticize.

Last edited:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
it was actually the Jedi that wiped out the community and Mae witnessed it. That'll explain why she's determined to hunt down and kill those Jedi responsible, why she told Indara in the first episode that the Jedi do kill the unarmed, why she (the only survivor of that night, so she thought) was the only person who could give Torbin absolution and why he committed suicide in guilt.
Can you elaborate on the highlighted text? To me it sounds like
a cold blooded murder.
And I do not believe the jedi would do that.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Can you elaborate on the highlighted text? To me it sounds like
a cold bladed murder
. And I do not believe the jedi would do that.
I imagine that it'll turn out to be more of a tragic escalation or overreaction, like the Boston Massacre, when a protestor threw a rock that hit one of the British soldiers, one of whom reacted by firing a shot and then others followed suit, resulting in a handful of unarmed people dead. It could be Torbin with the itchy trigger finger because Mother Aniseya subdued him with the Force the day before. Maybe she or the other mother does something like that again to provoke the Jedi and it leads to a fight this time. Perhaps that or something else that the Jedi do causes the temple to fall apart, since it doesn't make sense for it to be because of the fire that Mae set. Whatever the reason, I suspect that it'll be portrayed in a way that makes the Jedi look partly responsible. Even if they didn't mean to, though, a community was destroyed because they visited it, so their sense of honor could still leave them with lasting guilt over it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad