OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Wanyama falling is typical to this team

Probably the most disappointing season since we joined the MLS.

We've seen so much worse.

It's just "this we can't finish games" that's been happening over and over every year. The team looked flat when they subbed off Sunusi MVP

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Wanyama falling is typical to this team

We've seen so much worse.

It's just "this we can't finish games" that's been happening over and over every year. The team looked flat when they subbed off Sunusi MVP

Yeah I didn’t say it’s the worst season. Just relative to the hype prior to the season start, just disappointing on all fronts.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'm not a fan of Martinez. He's static but can't play target man. Not fast enough anymore to run behind the defense. Because of his limitations, he has little workrate off the ball, be it to drag defensemen with his runs or to press. And he won't be able to play 90.

Coccaro has more skills and abilities to create chances. I was hoping he would try to shoot instead of looking for the foul. In any case, I'm expecting he won't play next game, he was limping after the game.

We need help at the back, both to be better defensively and to build from the back. We need a f***ing general out there.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm not a fan of Martinez. He's static but can't play target man. Not fast enough anymore to run behind the defense. Because of his limitations, he has little workrate off the ball, be it to drag defensemen with his runs or to press. And he won't be able to play 90.

Coccaro has more skills and abilities to create chances. I was hoping he would try to shoot instead of looking for the foul. In any case, I'm expecting he won't play next game, he was limping after the game.

We need help at the back, both to be better defensively and to build from the back. We need a f***ing general out there.

The Martinez sub was weird. It didn't make that much sense when we were still winning

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The Martinez sub was weird. It didn't make that much sense when we were still winning
Conditioning.

They had to get him in at some point and also given how much the front three were running in the first half, in the heat, it made sense to sub them off. Also keep in mind that both Opoku and Toye are coming off injuries as well so they may not have the conditioning to do a full 90 either.

Overall the game though was pretty shit. Even when they were up 2-0, you saw that NYRB we able to get balls behind the backline and had their chances, but were only able to convert on them in the 2nd half.

Not having Waterman is massive right now.

Coccaro though, he needs to stop being so obvious when he's looking for fouls. Maybe if he doesn't look for one, he buries that chance he had, but it's just silly at this point some of the time.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Who's watching?
There's a dedicated thread ;)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He was jabanged up
image.gif

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

He also gave the captain armband to someone else when he came in to play on Wednesday

If he isn't gone this Summer, R I O T
Nothing really new there, TBH I expected him to be gone during the offseason, there were rumors running around. It's pretty clear he's not in the team's picture, he's basically just there to play out his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad