Online Series: Star Wars: The Acolyte on Disney+

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
449463304_18121892053365054_5399896539414804750_n.jpg
Do they roll over white when he bites you?

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
C'mon man bad dialogue is Star Wars cannon!

From Harrison Ford telling George Lucas "You can type this shit, but you can't say it" to Young Anakin squealing "YIPPEEEEE" to "Somehow Palpatine returned!"

Ass dialogue is as baked into Star Wars as The Force itself.
It's the thread GODDAMN IT! So demands Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That was a decent episode. Lots of intrigue into Qimir. The former Jedi twist is something. After seeing Vernestra’s “whip” lightsaber, I’m going out on a limb and saying she was the Jedi Master to Qimir and is responsible for the scar on his back.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Well that was a maybe bit better. Still too much stilted wooden dialogue that just tells us rather than showing us anything about the characters but I do like Qimir, he's really the only interesting part of the show for me so far. Approaching basic TV competence in ep6 at least.

I want to dropkick that stupid chipmunk badly.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah that was fine overall. After the writing mess that the past two episodes have been, this level of average was almost a breath of fresh air. Problem is a number of lines were still not delivered all that well (Master Venestra in particular has a really tough time emoting and delivering lines naturally with consistency) but at least the writing as a whole wasn't atrocious.

Lee-Jung Jae is doing a lot of heavy lifting as Master Sol here. I don't think anyone else is even coming close to his level.

The actor for Qimir, I know him from the Good Place (and we heard him talking when he was playing a character) so I find his slow affect in voicing this character a bit forced and distracting. He's probably still the second best actor here but that's not saying much. Dafne Keen was all right in her limited role.

Reactions: Rob

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's the thread GODDAMN IT! So demands Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant.
Come on. You can nitpick a ton of shit in this show, but the witch coven calling the Force 'the thread' is just literally a different culture's name and belief regarding the same concept. This show isn't trying to erase "The Force" from the lexicon. This kind of nitpicking is seriously annoying and bad faith.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I thought this was a better episode.

Sol and Qimir are carrying this show on their back

That was a decent episode. Lots of intrigue into Qimir. The former Jedi twist is something. After seeing Vernestra’s “whip” lightsaber, I’m going out on a limb and saying she was the Jedi Master to Qimir and is responsible for the scar on his back.

I also thought this was the case - could also explain why the troupe was sent to the planet where he happened to be, and why she feels so guilty about getting those Jedi killed.

Also I hate the whip lightsaber.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I like where the show has gotten to, it was just really rough getting there. We'll see if they can stick the landing in the next 2 episodes. Although I swear if they end the next episode with Sol just about almost getting ready to tell what the hell actually happened on Brendok again...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I like where the show has gotten to, it was just really rough getting there. We'll see if they can stick the landing in the next 2 episodes. Although I swear if they end the next episode with Sol just about almost getting ready to tell what the hell actually happened on Brendok again...

This is what's driving me nuts. They've teased and revisited a secret maybe *every* single episode and haven't paid it off. I know it will pay off, but it feels like someone dangling a hot dog in front of me each episode and I'm getting to the point where it's going to be impossible to live up to the hype.

I feel like well-written shows don't need to beat you over the head with this device. Every single episode.

Like Game of Thrones...by S1 Episode 2, we get a hint that there's some wild past with Jon Snow's heritage. I don't think we get our next hint until like 4 seasons later. A+ stuff.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I mean, it is a cool helmet
....And he did have his flesh saber flopping around and presumable ignited ..... (If you know what I mean), write what you know and how you got a job in Hollywood Headland. I'm she didnt bend over a rock at light speed and show him the darkside.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad