Movies: Star Wars: Episode VIII THE LAST JEDI (NO SPOILERS - Use the other thread for spoilers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
For those concerned about reviews or bad comments

Haters going to hate

It stands on it's own merits and far better then the other sequel or prequel movies. While not perfect it is a good movie and interesting

Every movie is going to have bad reviews. I am not a picky movie watcher, so if critiques are this positive overall, I know I am going to enjoy it.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
It looks like there's a description of the plot up on the Wikipedia page. I didn't read it. For anyone who saw the movie, is the description accurate?

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I will be away for three weeks starting this weekend, and I really want to see this before I go. Of course, all the VIP, Dbox seats are sold out, but I can still buy regular tickets online for a 7:35 showing tonight. What should I expect at the entrance? What time should I show up so I get a good seat in the theater? I usually avoid opening weekends, but this is an exception.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Going to see it tonight. Just got my reserved seating ticket for 10:45. Couldn't resist.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Having some time to think about it.

It was a good movie for sure, something you could argue the franchise hasn't had since the 80s.. [mod]

It had fan service but not nearly obnoxious about it as Force Awakens, Rogue One, PT.

I expect a few big Red Herrings to be resolved in episode 9... [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
3 hours away! I'm so stoked. Going to do a normal viewing tonight and one this weekend while baked on some GSC.

Do you have pre-assigned seating, or just wait in line? How early do you plan to show up? I am still debating whether to go to a regular 7:35 showing , and how early should I go so that I end up with a decent seat.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Do you have pre-assigned seating, or just wait in line? How early do you plan to show up? I am still debating whether to go to a regular 7:35 showing , and how early should I go so that I end up with a decent seat.

Pre assigned and you print the tickets out on location so no waiting in line. We've got reclining mega comfy chairs in the theater I'm seeing it at as well.

I plan on getting there around 7 regardless. Gives me time to take a piss, get something to drink and eat, etc.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Pre assigned and you print the tickets out on location so no waiting in line. We've got reclining mega comfy chairs in the theater I'm seeing it at as well.

I plan on getting there around 7 regardless. Gives me time to take a piss, get something to drink and eat, etc.

Same here. Except my movie isn’t until 11:40. But pre-assigned, print out tickets on location, recliner chairs... all the same. So pumped.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton

Nice. There is nothing left for pre-assigned seats, only regular seating. So if I buy a ticket I am afraid I might end up in the front row, if I don't show up there well in advance.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If the surprises are as big as what's being insinuated I have to say I'm pretty surprised that Disney not only let it happen but gave Rian his own trilogy.

They are as risk averse as anyone so, man.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Could someone start a thread, where the movie can be discussed with full spoilers? I'm not very proficient in such matters.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
South Common, just general admission.

I am going to Windermere general admission at 7;35. How far in advance do you plan to show up? Never went on the opening weekend and have no idea what to expect. Don't want to end up with a shitty seat, but don't want to show up ridiculously early either.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I am going to Windermere general admission at 7;35. How far in advance do you plan to show up? Never went on the opening weekend and have no idea what to expect. Don't want to end up with a ****ty seat, but don't want to show up ridiculously early either.

I'm at 8:45, I'm probably gonna show about an hour early. Chill out, get shit in order and get in line.

Reactions: The Moose

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
BTW the seats were reserved. I ordered a seat Sunday and the theater was nearly full.

Good movie. On phone so I can't really use spoiler tags so I'm not going to bother discussing the plot.

Was there a Merch table set up at anyone else's theater? Just hawking shirts and hoodies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad