Movies: Star Wars: Episode VIII THE LAST JEDI (NO SPOILERS - Use the other thread for spoilers)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
lol. Whatever.

Proper good response there. Proper good.

He was the one who made the distinction, not me. But hey continue on...
And you're the one who is getting overly crotchety about the distinction. If you wanna die on this hill by my guest, but I can't understand why it's so important to you. Or was, since you've seen to have given up now that you've been shown how irrelevant the distinction is.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Proper good response there. Proper good.

And you're the one who is getting overly crotchety about the distinction. If you wanna die on this hill by my guest, but I can't understand why it's so important to you.

Umm, you went on a tirade telling me how it is. He was trying to say that extinct and exist were somehow different. I agreed with him, but that they of course exist.

I could ask you the same thing? Why did you feel the need to jump in to another's conversation, get so worked up, and then pick this hill to die on? Did you feel he needed help?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Umm, you went on a tirade telling me how it is. He was trying to say that extinct and exist were somehow different. I agreed with him, but that they of course exist.

I could ask you the same thing? Why did you feel the need to jump in to another's conversation, get so worked up, and then pick this hill to die on? Did you feel he needed help?
Obviously I didn't look into the context of what you were saying. That's what roped me in in the first place. I think I've made it abundantly clear-from there-that I'm at a loss as to why you felt it was worth it to keep banging the gong of the "exist v. extinct" semantic.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Got my tickets for monday night. ****going anywhere near the theater on opening weekend.

Doesn't help the place closest to me only has the one auditorium with the AVX sound and full screen stuff. Would be a damn madhouse going anytime before then lol.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Saw the movie tonight as well... man it is going to piss off alot of fanboys of Star Wars for sure, but I am betting casual Star Wars fans will love it.

I need time to process it

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
25 for me. Luckily, I have a lot of stuff going on with school tomorrow to keep me busy.
I mean. I have my last final exam of my first semester of grad school so...same. But that's over at 4pm and I have to sit around for four hours waiting for my flight back home, then from there straight to the theater.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Saw the movie tonight as well... man it is going to piss off alot of fanboys of Star Wars for sure, but I am betting casual Star Wars fans will love it.

I need time to process it

I'm kinda scared...

I'm somewhat of a hardcore, but I don't take it super seriously. I just really love Star Wars.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yeah, from what I'm seeing, this movie is going to cause a civil war amongst the Star Wars fandom.

As a fan who thinks the original trilogy is one of the greatest of all time. I see and understand why they did it. The purest won't be happy. But I compare it to people who complain about 21 team nhl vs a 31 team nhl.

It is better then the force awakens

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
12 hours and 9 minutes! My body is ready...
giphy.gif

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Total speculation, (I haven't seen it yet) but the notion that purists aren't thrilled indicates to me that they took some risks with this one. Something that was lacking from TFA.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Total speculation, (I haven't seen it yet) but the notion that purists aren't thrilled indicates to me that they took some risks with this one. Something that was lacking from TFA.

Yep.

Also if you consider yourself a purest you will realize something half way through the movie. If you know what is still considered canon you will be happy.

As someone who LOVES the original 3. Star wars, empire and return of the Jedi.

This is the best off the non original movies.

LIKE all movies there are some plot holes I could have done without but is an enjoyable movie

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Exactly. I had my issues with TFA (complete rip off of ANH, Rey's ridiculous force ability so quickly, which could be explained in TLJ to be fair, among other things) but it was cast extremely well (unlike the prequels) and I think the overall dialogue and script was very solid.

I think deviating away from the strict light vs dark is where this is headed given the information and nuggets we do have which would be incredibly refreshing. The Jedi Order especially got so rigid in their thinking that it blinded them from the dangers that were brewing before and during the clone war era. Hence, part of the reason I think Luke went on his hiatus and is reading up on the whills and the original teachings of the Order. I genuinely hope they are going the Grey Jedi/force user route because the world is not black and white in all reality. There is a middle. And I say that as a Star Wars geek.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Exactly. I had my issues with TFA (complete rip off of ANH, Rey's ridiculous force ability so quickly, which could be explained in TLJ to be fair, among other things) but it was cast extremely well (unlike the prequels) and I think the overall dialogue and script was very solid.

I think deviating away from the strict light vs dark is where this is headed given the information and nuggets we do have which would be incredibly refreshing. The Jedi Order especially got so rigid in their thinking that it blinded them from the dangers that were brewing before and during the clone war era. Hence, part of the reason I think Luke went on his hiatus and is reading up on the whills and the original teachings of the Order. I genuinely hope they are going the Grey Jedi/force user route because the world is not black and white in all reality. There is a middle. And I say that as a Star Wars geek.

For me the movie is a good as the first 3 and builds a platform for the next movie

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For those concerned about reviews or bad comments

Haters going to hate

It stands on it's own merits and far better then the other sequel or prequel movies. While not perfect it is a good movie and interesting

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For those concerned about reviews or bad comments

Haters going to hate

It stands on it's own merits and far better then the other sequel or prequel movies. While not perfect it is a good movie and interesting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad