Online Series: Star Trek Strange New Worlds Season 2 (LOWER DECK CROSSOVER ALERT)

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
Hmmm....Guess I won't watch the episode preview. It was speculated in the HF thread that Scotty could be introduced. Maybe that's the spoiler alluded to here.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Reactions: Guardian17

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Idk a blind chief engineer? Could never work.

Once you go there then the next stop is Klingons on the bridge and robot crew members and pissant little teenagers saving the day multiple times a month. That's the point you know that Star Trek is dead and gone, for sure.

And I swear one of these days I'm actually going to sit down and go through the entire season. I have it on the PVR I just haven't been able to bring myself to start yet after getting burned by Discovery and Picard

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I'd give it a chance, but wouldn't hold my breath that it'll be good.

I'm the type to start watching the entire STNG again or pluck out TOS episodes despite having not seen much of the newer series.

I was so hyped until about Episode 3 of Discovery, and by the 3rd season with the dual characters, so many dumb plot developments, and 32nd century stuff 🤦‍♂️

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Alternative future "Balance of Terror". I take it this means Kirk is going to be the new first officer next season or something, which I don't love. I was hoping Una would be phased out eventually and they'd move La'an into the first officer role for the show.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Alternative future "Balance of Terror". I take it this means Kirk is going to be the new first officer next season or something, which I don't love. I was hoping Una would be phased out eventually and they'd move La'an into the first officer role for the show.
I mean... doesn't that not make sense though? The crew had no recollection of Kirk outside of his brother from appearances, and nothing Pike did to change the future should have rippled out so quickly.

Unless his foreknowledge makes him request Kirk for the position?

Time travel logic is all f***y.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean... doesn't that not make sense though? The crew had no recollection of Kirk outside of his brother from appearances, and nothing Pike did to change the future should have rippled out so quickly.

Unless his foreknowledge makes him request Kirk for the position?

Time travel logic is all f***y.
He had his personnel file up on this screen at the end of the episode when Spock came in. I hope they don't do that, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
He had his personnel file up on this screen at the end of the episode when Spock came in. I hope they don't do that, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Nothing that Nu-Trek writers do shocks me! :laugh:

If anything, they're extremely predictable. :thumbu:

With Number One being arrested and Kirk's file on the screen I'm guessing Kirk is the new First Officer.

Reactions: Osprey and Blender

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
With Number One being arrested and Kirk's file on the screen I'm guessing Kirk is the new First Officer.

I'm several episodes behind, but that wouldn't surprise me, either. I'm sure that the writers would love to show how Kirk came to become a leader... likely with the help of Spock and Uhura, similar to how Spock's invented sister was instrumental in making him into who he is. Oh, there we go. Burnham is responsible for Spock, so if Spock is responsible for Kirk, then Burnham is indirectly responsible for Kirk. :thumbu:

Reactions: Guardian17

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I would say Tribbles and Gorn are locks to make appearances, but we already had them in STD.

The Romulan commander from Balance of Terror will be making an appearance.
^ I posted that in September 2021.

It shows just how pathetic modern Star Trek is. You can predict what they're going to do because they will always pick the lowest hanging fruit.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I suspect we'll see something similar with SNW. It'll be a vehicle for shoehorning in Kirk at some point and cramming in as many memberberries as possible. The title of the show will become meaningless and ironic, just as it is with Discovery.
^ May 2020

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm several episodes behind, but that wouldn't surprise me, either. I'm sure that the writers would love to show how Kirk came to become a leader... likely with the help of Spock and Uhura, similar to how Spock's invented sister was instrumental in making him into who he is. Oh, there we go. Burnham is responsible for Spock, so if Spock is responsible for Kirk, then Burnham is indirectly responsible for Kirk. :thumbu:

You nailed it !!! :laugh:

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Really great finale, excited to see where they go for season 2.
Pretty close to what I wanted out of a ST series. I love the Gorn as primary antagonists since a) not well trodden ground, and b) they're handled well.

10 episode seasons suck though. It forces each episode to be about something instead of really having some good bottle episodes. Still, compared to other nuTrek properties, my complaints are minor.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Pretty close to what I wanted out of a ST series. I love the Gorn as primary antagonists since a) not well trodden ground, and b) they're handled well.

10 episode seasons suck though. It forces each episode to be about something instead of really having some good bottle episodes. Still, compared to other nuTrek properties, my complaints are minor.

Would love to see them do 14 episodes, I think that would be the sweet spot for a show like this. Could fit in a two parter per season and develop some more backstory for the some of the more minor characters.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Yeah. I don't like the trend of shows being 6-10 episodes long. It's way too short. Used to be about 22 episodes a season for many shows.

Ad

Ad

Ad