Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
G's offense need to come back around. Part of that had been a bit of Byram and him sharing that ES role over the years... but G's offense was pretty lacking the 2nd half of the season even after Byram was moved. I think Manson is more of the issue on that pairing, but G needs to have a good season this year for the Avs to have a lot of success.
I feel like G got really unlucky. Numerous times he would set guys up and they simply couldn't finish. He does need to work on his shot. It's never dangerous, even just some better placement would help a ton.

Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I feel like G got really unlucky. Numerous times he would set guys up and they simply couldn't finish. He does need to work on his shot. It's never dangerous, even just some better placement would help a ton.
There is definitely that possibility and for most of the year, he was playing with Colton as the best forward he's routinely play with since Bednar loves to keep Makar and MacK tied together. It has to improve though. Without Byram and Walker, the Avs need offense from him to the tune of 35-40 points at least, arguably 45. He'll get the chances if he stays healthy, up to him to show that offense is still there.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
You would unlock your Crown Chakra if you got stuck in Poland, it is a divine life-alternating experience.
From my experience I would agree. I had a friend who went into the peace corp in Ukraine soon after the fall of the Soviet Union. He ended up meeting and marrying a Polish girl and moved to some city in Poland. He was a pretty average dude, to be quite honest. He brought is wife and two of her friends to wedding another friend of mine had. They were all complete smoke shows.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
There is definitely that possibility and for most of the year, he was playing with Colton as the best forward he's routinely play with since Bednar loves to keep Makar and MacK tied together. It has to improve though. Without Byram and Walker, the Avs need offense from him to the tune of 35-40 points at least, arguably 45. He'll get the chances if he stays healthy, up to him to show that offense is still there.

I just can't see G or anyone we'll be paying for the second pairing putting up those numbers. You've got to remember that Makar-Toews are getting 25-30 minutes a night and every single shift with the top line and both PP minutes every time. How does a dman rack up 30 points playing with 3rd and 4th liners and no PP time?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I just can't see G or anyone we'll be paying for the second pairing putting up those numbers. You've got to remember that Makar-Toews are getting 25-30 minutes a night and every single shift with the top line and both PP minutes every time. How does a dman rack up 30 points playing with 3rd and 4th liners and no PP time?
Girard did that the previous seasons. From 19-20 to 22-23 the only year Girard missed 30 points was a year he put up 28 in 67 games.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Girard did that the previous seasons. From 19-20 to 22-23 the only year Girard missed 30 points was a year he put up 28 in 67 games.
I mean, Ross Colton his highest goal scoring forward last season only scored 17 goals. Lehky had 16, LOC had 13. That's 46 goals. You're asking G to be in on 65% of all three of their goals. Beyond them you're dealing with single digit midgets like Wood (9), Cogs (6), Parise (5), Kivi (3), etc.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I mean, Ross Colton his highest goal scoring forward last season only scored 17 goals. Lehky had 16, LOC had 13. That's 46 goals. You're asking G to be in on 65% of all three of their goals. Beyond them you're dealing with single digit midgets like Wood (9), Cogs (6), Parise (5), Kivi (3), etc.
We should have a more competent 2nd line this year in addition to those players. G will still get some time with the top player, it just isn't at the Makar/Toews level. It can clearly happen based on past results, just a matter of it actually happening. And yeah all of the production isn't on him, but it has to happen for the Avs to reach the level they want to be at.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We should have a more competent 2nd line this year in addition to those players. G will still get some time with the top player, it just isn't at the Makar/Toews level. It can clearly happen based on past results, just a matter of it actually happening. And yeah all of the production isn't on him, but it has to happen for the Avs to reach the level they want to be at.
It would help if he doesn't have to keep covering for Manson all the damned time. Josh needs to calm his game down a bit.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The difference between MacK and McDavid is MacK scores a huge game tying goal and assists on a game winning goal in a cup final close out game, McDavid does nothing

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
1719433980112.png

McDavid after getting home

I suggest you need to visit Poland, she's like the norm (thin/blonde/blue eyes) for the country.

Bro this is sad af

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
MacK was on a stacked roster and McDavid was damn near his whole team.
Tough f***ing shit. One of them has the cup, and also had a goal and assist on the deciding game.

McDavid is the better player, but not also feeling sorry for him or Edmonton fans for it.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Tough f***ing shit. One of them has the cup, and also had a goal and assist on the deciding game.

McDavid is the better player, but not also feeling sorry for him or Edmonton fans for it.
I mean if people want to try and say MacKinnon is better than McDavid you'll be getting zero support from this guy. Cool he got 2 points in the final and McDavid didn't.... what about the 40 other points? He almost doubled MacK's production on the losing team. One game doesn't define a career.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean if people want to try and say MacKinnon is better than McDavid you'll be getting zero support from this guy. Cool he got 2 points in the final and McDavid didn't.... what about the 40 other points? He almost doubled MacK's production on the losing team. One game doesn't define a career.
Absolutely, McDavid is in his own class.

Still feel pretty happy for the fact that he lost in a Canadian market. As soon as he goes to a US team, I will probably cheer for him (depending on the team of course).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad