Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Bobrovsky has never been in the Vasilevskiy/Shesterkin/Price/Lundqvist tier IMO. When he crumbles, he REALLY crumbles.

Would not surprise me one bit to see him give up 5 in game 6.

Also would not surprise me if he gets the hook early from Maurice if he allows 2 or 3.
I dunno can you really go to Stolarz at this point? Think you have to ride Bob now regardless.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
TOI doesn't matter for McDavid rn. He's fresh with the 3 days off between games despite playing 25min a night still skating circles around everyone. Expect another great performance from him.

Edmonton coaches have exposed some real weaknesses in Florida's game specifically with the PK goal and McDavid's goal on Bob last night.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I've never seen a team rely so hard on special teams in the finals. I remember during our run getting deeper into the finals we were seeing one PP per team.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
TOI doesn't matter for McDavid rn. He's fresh with the 3 days off between games despite playing 25min a night still skating circles around everyone. Expect another great performance from him.

Edmonton coaches have exposed some real weaknesses in Florida's game specifically with the PK goal and McDavid's goal on Bob last night.
Florida has to stop giving Edmonton a half dozen power play chances per game.

If they limit Edm to 2-3 power plays, they should take the Cup.

Reactions: Bender

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I just don’t want the chode fans in SoFla to win a cup. Edmonton is further removed on my degrees of separation than SoFla so I am rooting for them.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I just don’t want the chode fans in SoFla to win a cup. Edmonton is further removed on my degrees of separation than SoFla so I am rooting for them.
You say that now, but if they win their fans are going to be every-f***ing-where telling you how great they are, and how McDavid is now officially the greatest hockey player of all time. You will hear their muted whispers in your airducts "McJesus is eeeevveeeryywherrre". Your spaghettios will spell out EDMONTON. You will be on Amazon.com buying new oven gloves and there will be reviews saying that even those gloves couldn't protect you from the heat that McDavid brings in the playoffs. You'll get so many cold calls from Alberta residents informing you of their victory, that you'll be begging for scam callers to ring you just to tie up the phone line. A post-Edmonton Stanley Cup world would be a miserable place to be.

At least in SoFla it will die out once they are all snorting coke on the Miami beaches over the summer. There is nothing to do in Edmonton other than follow that team. You will never stop hearing about it. Ever.

Take the short term hit for the long term gain.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You say that now, but if they win their fans are going to be every-f***ing-where telling you how great they are, and how McDavid is now officially the greatest hockey player of all time. You will hear their muted whispers in your airducts "McJesus is eeeevveeeryywherrre". Your spaghettios will spell out EDMONTON. You will be on Amazon.com buying new oven gloves and there will be reviews saying that even those gloves couldn't protect you from the heat that McDavid brings in the playoffs. You'll get so many cold calls from Alberta residents informing you of their victory, that you'll be begging for scam callers to ring you just to tie up the phone line. A post-Edmonton Stanley Cup world would be a miserable place to be.

At least in SoFla it will die out once they are all snorting coke on the Miami beaches over the summer. There is nothing to do in Edmonton other than follow that team. You will never stop hearing about it. Ever.

tenor.gif

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean… objectively speaking if McDavid capped this playoff run with a Cup and spearheading a 3-0 comeback… His legacy would cemented among the best of the best.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

This is true, but it won’t be as bad as if Toronto wins the cup. If the Leafs win the cup someday, the other teams won’t matter for at least few years. Even if another team wins the cup the following year, they’ll talk about the Leafs winning it year prior way more. This board will not be functional for at least a year. We might actually have internet outage in North America for a while

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC

Haha, thanks. I needed a laugh. :laugh:

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
McDavid is just an insane talent, don't know how anyone could deny that.
Tkachuk/Draisaitl/Barkov are world class and look like chumps on the ice next to Connor.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Look, I can't stand the Edmonton tin-foil hat "the NHL is a rigged game" fanbase , but,

BUT . . .

What McDavid is doing now is otherworldly. The guy has put that team on his back and is singlehandedly making the Panthers look stupid. It's amazing to watch. If the Panthers gag up a 3-0 series lead and lose this thing, I won't be that unhappy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad