Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Please change the thread title. It is not the "Finals". It is the "Stanley Cup Final".

We all call the Western Conference Final just that. The combination of the WCF and ECF are the Conference Finals. As in there are two of them.

There is only one series remaining. One series to decide the Stanley Cup winner.
That series is the Stanley Cup Final.
Incorrect. It’s Finals because it’s best of 7. Multiple games. One game would be Final, singular.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
pretty sure no one was holding a gun to Florida's head. IIRC they offered to leave Marchy u protected if VGK would take Smith's "dead salary" off their hands or something like that. Whence the birth of the Golden Misfits. One team's trash can be another team's treasure.
I think Tallon got a 4th for Vegas to take Smith. Just to keep Petrovic protected. Gotta love old timey management.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Vegas fans ain’t coming in here, all they know is team with helmet win, me cheer. And I know this because I was a STH for 5 years and hockey knowledge hasn’t increased at all.
I hope you stopped buying ST to leave some more room for us unwashed bumpkins!

Seriously, though, from where does this putrid take come? I can tell by the timeliness of a crowd response that the T-Mobile spectators know what they are cheering for, as a whole. Stuff like "refs you suck" chants are either geared toward legit miscalls or calls where I had to watch it back to determine why the refs were right. Contrast this with the veteran fans of Oilers and othe teams that start booing the refs whenever an Oil trips over himself or God forbid someone manages a legal check on McJesus.

Also witness the booing of VGK's power play when it isnt firing. Uneducated fans wouldnt know what a power play is, much less how bad these guys have been at it.

Now go join your namesake. Seems like you are mishandling your own insecurities here.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
pretty sure no one was holding a gun to Florida's head. IIRC they offered to leave Marchy u protected if VGK would take Smith's "dead salary" off their hands or something like that. Whence the birth of the Golden Misfits. One team's trash can be another team's treasure.
Bettman told Tallon he had to do that or they'd be moved to San Antonio. Anything for Vegas.

Vegas fans ain’t coming in here, all they know is team with helmet win, me cheer. And I know this because I was a STH for 5 years and hockey knowledge hasn’t increased at all.
My experience is different as well. I've met a ton of very knowledgeable Vegas hockey fans. Many of whom followed the Thunder and Wranglers.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
And this is different from other sports, how? Go to any NFL game and ask a number of random fans the difference between a dime defense and a nickel defense, and be prepared to be amused. Fans run the gamut: Some learn the nuances of the game like some baseball fans who are stat freaks, while others just clap when somebody gets a hit not knowing the difference between a curve ball and a knuckle ball, much less why the manager sent in a lefty. Hockey isn't any different, it's just entertainment for the unwashed masses whose credit cards are still clearing, and Vegas isn't any better or worse in this regard (or maybe slightly worse because so many attending fans are tourists taking the TMobile experience in like it was Cirque du Soleil).

IMHO, more fun not to take it so seriously. If we took the Raiders seriously, we'd all be dosing heavily on prozac year round.

KnightCap78

Aug 10, 2020
Im not sure which podcast i was listening to this morning, but the stat i heard was that out of the last 10 sc finals, the team with less rest between conf final and sc final is 9-1 , looking good for vgk

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I hope Vegas takes this but i dont think they will. Only if Bob Or Tk gets hurt (But i realy hope they wont get hurt). This will be close or close but a sweep.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
200w.gif

NHL just can't help themselves, eh? Could've started this series two days ago, but it's June 2nd and the finals don't even start until tomorrow.

What a joke. :laugh:

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
Incorrect. It’s Finals because it’s best of 7. Multiple games. One game would be Final, singular.
The NHLs official name is the "Stanley Cup Final". It refers to one singular series.

You're point could potentially be grammatically correct, but I know it is not accurate in this context.

Reactions: EMcx2

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Im not sure which podcast i was listening to this morning, but the stat i heard was that out of the last 10 sc finals, the team with less rest between conf final and sc final is 9-1 , looking good for vgk

Not shocked by this number, good job finding this stat. A long rest for any Hockey team, more than not, is not easy to deal with when series starts. I think this series comes down to Florida not having rust game 1, and they have to get a 1-1 split before game 3. Hockey is such a bang-bang style of game and timing is so crucial. Because of this, being behind while not skating/reacting fast enough, shows big time compared to other sports. Will Florida look sharp in game 1? Not sure, but if they do, kudos to whatever they did to achieve that. Not an easy task.

Reactions: WhataKnight

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
200w.gif

NHL just can't help themselves, eh? Could've started this series two days ago, but it's June 2nd and the finals don't even start until tomorrow.

A big disadvantage for the Cats in the first game. Would be pretty amazing if they can pull out a win tomorrow.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada

More than offset by (1) how the Knights do in any Game 1, where they are most likely to lay a big stinky egg, and (2) nice weather on Game Day with a late start so the boys can get in a full 36 holes before knocking a few cold brews back and then meandering over to T-Mobile for that hockey thingy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
200w.gif

As much as I struggle with remembering birthdays for anyone other than my SO and immediate family, I have the Ducks cup win date burned in my head (6-6-2007).

By June 6th they had already played four previous games of the Final.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
200w.gif

Agreed. Came here to post the same thing. Glad someone else beat me to it.

This wait in between games is terribly momentum slowing to the point that I'm not even all that excited for the finals. I'll watch it when it (FINALLY!) happens, but they couldn't start this Thursday?

Game 7 of the Florida/Carolina series would have been Tuesday night. Game 7 of the Dallas/Vegas series would have been Wednesday night. Neither went to 7 games, with the ECF not even coming anywhere near close.

They couldn't wait to start the second round though, just one night after the last game of the first round. I think we even two or three whole nights without games between the second and third rounds, but this is just really stupid at this point.

Florida is probably falling asleep over there with how many days they've been off.

Reactions: teugen

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I hope Vegas takes this but i dont think they will. Only if Bob Or Tk gets hurt (But i realy hope they wont get hurt). This will be close or close but a sweep.
Really? Idk what or if you are watching

Vegas looks deep, they are fast and attack you. That last game vs Dallas they looked incredible

Panthers are a cinderella team that has had luck/destiny on their side. Their path to the final was not as hard as people think

Boston: old, injured in multiple key positions
Toronto: outplayed bad by Tampa and are over rated (not built for playoffs)
Canes: Cant score + injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad