Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
What a final. I think this is an absolute gift to all NHL fans. I'm really looking forward to the series even though I'm afraid Tampa has an advantage here (not least with the goalies). On the other hand, my Avs have surprised me so many times this year and every now and then it can be an advantage to go into the series as an underdog. I hope we see a great series and the right team wins. #goavsgo

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I really want Avs to win but Francouz/Kuemper Vs Vasy is no contest.

Avs and Avs fans are probably in for a surprise. They haven't faced any team that has Vasy like goalie

Unless Mack finds an extra gear that he hasnt ever used before to completely take over teh series this series will be well.....
Who the **** gets surprised by the back to back champions lmao?

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
That will be a very short week.

your acting like this is an insanely hot take or something. Both of those lines are amazing and should be considered among the top groups. it wasnt like i said some combo of 3rd liners is better than palat stamkos kucherov, im talking about all star level first/second team all pro type guys here, dont be skip bayless here

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
The Blues were outclassed by a pretty significant degree, I’m not sure I would even say they are 1 tier below the Avs, I think it might be two. For most of the series they struggled even getting the puck past the red line let alone sustaining any kind of pressure offensively.

History will remember different based on games played but I actually think the Oilers have been the best team Colorado has played this year despite the sweep. Colorado was lucky to sweep the Oilers and were very unlucky to not beat the Blues in 5.

8-2 against them the last two years in the playoffs, the two teams just aren’t close to one another no matter who is in net.

This is a bad take. You can throw out last year's series between the 2 teams because St. Louis was retooling and Perron was removed prior because of COVID. You're absolutely right about the Blues having a very difficult time getting the puck past the red line, but that wasn't true before Binnington got hurt. He's one of the league's best at playing the puck, and the Blues were outscoring Colorado 7-4 and leading game 3 in a tied series before Kadri ran him. Tampa has an even better goaltender and Kadri isn't cleared to run him at this point. And no one else on Colorado has the guts to "accidentally" run Vasi either. I think Kuemper/Francouz get lit up this series and exposed for being back up goaltenders.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Sharky40

Jan 28, 2022
You guys see this on Twitter? lol how crazy is this

05B06B3D-25E1-45B5-A923-2EF455FD9B91.jpeg

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Colorado has greater depth and has the best defenseman in the league in Makar. But Tampa Bay has the best offensive line in Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov, the second-best defenseman in Hedman, and Vasilevsky is miles above whichever goalie plays for Colorado. Threepeat in six.
Did Hedman lose an arm or something?

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
your acting like this is an insanely hot take or something. Both of those lines are amazing and should be considered among the top groups. it wasnt like i said some combo of 3rd liners is better than palat stamkos kucherov, im talking about all star level first/second team all pro type guys here, dont be skip bayless here
Knowing how to spell "you're" would help your case. Slightly.
I don't know what "skip bayless" is.
You said you'd take the Avs trio "every day of the week." That's hardly "both top lines are good but I prefer the MacKinnon line."

You guys see this on Twitter? lol how crazy is this

View attachment 558166
Who was Jagr's teammate last year? The year before?

Sharky40

Jan 28, 2022
Knowing how to spell "you're" would help your case. Slightly.
I don't know what "skip bayless" is.
You said you'd take the Avs trio "every day of the week." That's hardly "both top lines are good but I prefer the MacKinnon line."

Who was Jagr's teammate last year? The year before?
30B93650-F160-4609-9AA6-50E66BA4BE88.jpeg

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
The series starting on Wednesday is good news for Point.

It doesn’t sound like he’s 100%, he probably won’t be 100% even when he does return but this gives him time to go from like 70% to 80%.

Reactions: viper0220

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Tampa are like the Islanders at the end of their era, they trashed the up coming Oilers, to win their 4th straight. Sports and Hockey is a game of cosmic storylines and symmetry. I would really like to see Tampa win their third straight, to watch people's heads explode and try to find more cap circumvention or excuses. Time to give these guy's their just due.

I fully expect and support a rematch next season to pass the torch onto Colorado, if they can keep their core. I have aa feeling the serious won't be close, with whomever wins, trashing the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad