Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Neutral Fans:

AcrobaticActualBasil-size_restricted.gif

Honestly yeah. I’m at an extreme bias here, but I can see this being a massively entertaining finals. To be the best you gotta beat the best.

I know I’ll be heartbroken if my team loses, but I have little doubt it wouldn’t be due to a display of some damn good hockey.

Reactions: PromisedLand

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Finally two great teams in the finals. On paper the best finals for many, many years.

Let's hope everyone stays healthy and that it lives up to our expectations.

I can't even guess who'll win, I'll just enjoy the show as a fan of none of the teams.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
This is a bad take. You can throw out last year's series between the 2 teams because St. Louis was retooling and Perron was removed prior because of COVID. You're absolutely right about the Blues having a very difficult time getting the puck past the red line, but that wasn't true before Binnington got hurt. He's one of the league's best at playing the puck, and the Blues were outscoring Colorado 7-4 and leading game 3 in a tied series before Kadri ran him. Tampa has an even better goaltender and Kadri isn't cleared to run him at this point. And no one else on Colorado has the guts to "accidentally" run Vasi either. I think Kuemper/Francouz get lit up this series and exposed for being back up goaltenders.
Game 1 of the Blues series was the most statistically dominant game that any two teams have played in the playoffs this year and Binnington was in net for it.

The Blues couldn't even get one shot on the Avs in OT and I don’t think they had even one instance of sustaining pressure in the Avs zone for 6 seconds or greater in the entire game.

I understand fans wanting to look back and think about the what ifs, but St Louis just does not match up well against Colorado and would need a massive amount of luck to win. Colorado vs St Louis the past two years in both the regular season and playoffs is maybe the biggest example in the entire league of one team outclassing another. The advanced stats are off the charts in the Avs favour.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Tampa is going to three peat.

Makar is about to get teabagged so hard. Going to be hilarious watching the Canadian media try to justify their about Face

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Predicting Avs in 7. Going to be a series for the ages.

In pure technical ability Colorado has the advantage outside of goal. But Tampa has the experience

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I take the Avs if it goes to 7. Home teams are 12-5 in game 7 of the finals.
Home ice advantage is the only reason why I think it will go 7 games. And while home ice advantage in game 7 is kinda lopsided in favor of the home team, Tampa is literally the definition of battle tested (in sports lol). I will root hard against a 3-peat but I just can't bet against it.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
He's better than Fox, deal with it. Makar literally just went head to head in a match up against McDavid, there's nothing he can't handle.
Going up against McDavid is an entirely different situation than Tampa Bay. Tampa is easily the most suffocating team of the playoffs, they are so active through the neutral zone, it's pretty crazy. The one thing that Tampa will try to do against Colorado is run a heavy forcheck. Vegas did it against Colorado last year, and Makar did struggle with it. Makar has improved since last year, but dealing with Tampa Bay's viscous forcheck and finding space in that neutral zone is going to be his toughest challenge of the playoffs, by far.

Reactions: PM88RU and Sentinel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad