Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Huh? Stammer is walking without any return. The off-season? I'll tell you...JBB is going to sign some corpses to fill out the roster. He used up all his luck LONG LONG ago. JBB has fallen off a cliff with his decision making.

Jeannot will be here and Stamkos won't.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is all-time bad GM'ing. He is tearing down his whole legacy. He went from Yzerman acolyte to CUP Genius to raging moron. That's pretty impressive. JBB has never worried about the future until it was already here. That's why we are screwed. Zero long term planning. None. He'll be fired after next year's debacle.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Over paid on that contract 8 years 6.75 AAV would have been better then 8.5 AAV
Absolutely. I had ZERO problems with Serge the player. I had a problem with his development and I honestly think it backfired on everyone. He was pampered and sheltered for too long and therefore wasn't ready when we needed him. It's a combination of blame between the coaching staff and Sergachev's willingness to take direction and avoid the mistakes he makes.

I'm gonna miss him. I cannot express my gratitude enough for him being a part of 2 titles the way he was

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I understand what you're saying, but we could hit on another Point or two between now and then, there are several offseasons to sign help and work out trades, and of course we'll have draft picks. It's not guaranteed we'll be garbage then.

But the reality is we don't know what he's asking for, it's all speculation as far as I'm concerned. The 1.5-2m more might really be 3-4m more. It might be 5-6m more. JBB might've offered 4, or even 5. If the source is Stammer's camp, it's not exactly an unbiased one.
Depending on finding another Point in the draft, given our draft history under JBB, seems like a much worse gamble than Stamkos at 4.5 when he's 38.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
That haul we got back and the cap space is really everything we need for a retool. Everyone here has been begging him to trade Sergachev for this very reason, only reason we didn't think it would happen is because JBB indicated he wasn't trading Sergachev. It's incredible
Now it opens up with that haul to so many other options as well in trades or free agency

Reactions: T REX

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Depending on finding another Point in the draft, given our draft history under JBB, seems like a much worse gamble than Stamkos at 4.5 when he's 38.
My point was that 3-4 offseasons is enough time to drastically alter the roster, so to imply the team was going to be in rough shape at that time is a bit premature.

It doesn't matter now, though, Stammer will be re-signed with Serg and Jeannot moved so there's no sense in talking about that scenario anymore.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My point was that 3-4 offseasons is enough time to drastically alter the roster, so to imply the team was going to be in rough shape at that time is a bit premature.

It doesn't matter now, though, Stammer will be re-signed with Serg and Jeannot moved so there's no sense in talking about that scenario anymore.
We will be in rough shape whenever Hedman leaves. We can't plan that far out when we have Kuch, Point, Hedman, and Vasy right now. We have to surround them with the best team possible because there is no guarantee we will ever have a better core.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gotta give Stammer his 5m now, right?
I think we still have to pinch pennies a bit, but not so much to be insulting.

IMO, Stamkos should get done within 24 hours, then we know exactly what we are working with going into UFA.

I would still prefer Bertuzzi over Guentzel, but whatever the case, it seems like we are going to have a much better team. ...as long as we bring back Stamkos. Getting that kind of massive value on his contract is key in this.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

IMO, Stamkos should get done within 24 hours, then we know exactly what we are working with going into UFA.

I would still prefer Bertuzzi over Guentzel, but whatever the case, it seems like we are going to have a much better team. ...as long as we bring back Stamkos. Getting that kind of massive value on his contract is key in this.
We definitely have options now. Guentzel, Bertuzzi or even Kane make our top 6 way better.

I guess Sheary is still an option to dump. However, our depth is getting thin again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Bertuzzi just doesn't bring enough offense (looking at hisvstats) and Jake is a proven playoff performer, which we need. Point hasn't shown up the last two post-seasons so having a 3rd guy who can really turn it on in the playoffs will help

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We definitely have options now. Guentzel, Bertuzzi or even Kane make our top 6 way better.

I guess Sheary is still an option to dump. However, our depth is getting thin again.
Possibly even two of them one signs cheap in search of a cup.

And the thing to keep in mind is, bringing in top sixers moves other guys down the line up, thus giving us better depth as a byproduct.

Feeling way better about the team and especially JBB right now.

I'll bet we get Stamkos news as early as today.

Bertuzzi just doesn't bring enough offense (looking at hisvstats) and Jake is a proven playoff performer, which we need. Point hasn't shown up the last two post-seasons so having a 3rd guy who can really turn it on in the playoffs will help
It's Bertuzzi's playoff game that I like so much. He was great with Boston. Not really judging him by the Leafs run. He scores playoff type goals.

Also, I would expect him to sign cheaper, leaving us room to add another player.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

And the thing to keep in mind is, bringing in top sixers moves other guys down the line up, thus giving us better depth as a byproduct.

It's Bertuzzi's playoff game that I like so much. He was great with Boston. Not really judging him by the Leafs run. He scores playoff type goals.
The pushing everyone down thing is huge. Our biggest problem was having to have guys reach to play higher roles. Slotting them in the right spot creates better balance and depth for us.

Reactions: T REX and DFC

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Also, I would expect him to sign cheaper, leaving us room to add another player.
Even with Stamkos and Guentzel I don't think we have enough depth to push guys down. Cirelli is still the 2C.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
You could load up line 1
Guentzel - Point - Kuch
Hagel - Cirelli - Stamkos

Hagel and Cirelli have chemistry. You could try Point with Hagel ans Cirelli and load up line 1 as well with Stammer/Kuch/Jake
That's the same thing we did last year, sub Duclair for Guentzel. That second line worked well the end of the year. I'm just saying we're still not pushing anyone down to the bottom lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay