Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Despite all the reports, I still think something will get worked out before Monday.

I also hope we'll be active trade-wise, this team ain't "it".

Reactions: RLP55

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Despite all the reports, I still think something will get worked out before Monday.

I also hope we'll be active trade-wise, this team ain't "it".
I'm thinking that too. Letting Stamkos walk over $2 million AAV is a prescription for getting canceled faster than Mitchell Miller for being an unrepentant psychopath who only apologized because it might save his career. #f***ThatGuy

Reactions: gn2007

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'm thinking the PA also got their hand in this. If Stammer did sign a low AAV retirement contract at 34, they are not going to be happy at all.

Also the league might not like what kind loophole this becomes.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Come July 1st, if stammer is in another jersey and say they lowballed me 3m for 8 years fans better want JBB gone he is a clown egotistical dumb ass.
He won't survive til Christmas. The team will likely and almost immediately turn on JFBB. He was practicing with Kucherov on May 21st and its been categorically expressed he won't be traded. Hedman is going to extend. It doesn't smell right.

I think JFBB is likely hiding something and since the Lightning are so damn super secretive about EVERYTHING.... well once the card is played, a deal will fall into place

Reactions: Outl4w

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
3m and 4.5m isn’t close, it’s 50% apart. Throw in the fact it’s being reported that we aren’t budging on the offer, might as well be 10m apart he’s not staying nor should he. Stamkos keep your pride and move on

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He won't survive til Christmas. The team will likely and almost immediately turn on JFBB. He was practicing with Kucherov on May 21st and its been categorically expressed he won't be traded. Hedman is going to extend. It doesn't smell right.

I think JFBB is likely hiding something and since the Lightning are so damn super secretive about EVERYTHING.... well once the card is played, a deal will fall into place

I wanna know, what is the plan? Surely running next year with the status quo minus a 40g scorer can’t be it, right? The impact of McDonagh can only be so much.

When we cut bait on Lecavalier, there was a clear purpose. It paved the way for us to go on this run we’ve enjoyed the last decade. JBB is just quietly hoping no one is paying attention. It’s crazy, if we aren’t playing significantly better next season than he shouldn’t have a job

Reactions: Outl4w

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
cernak and cirelli had negative value so this was really the only option. i like the trade as long as we use the cap space well.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Had to be done. Is the top 4 better D now? Probably a bit if McDonough can stay healthy. I like it, now what can we do besides keep Stammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay