Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Oliver Ekman-Larsson signs with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Leafs get yet ANOTHER young top-pairing D-man for pennies due to their ADVANTAGE! I'll now proceed to link 15 tweets and write a novel to troll you!

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
In the short term, this d-core does look like a better fit than the last 3-5 years

The most obvious thing is that it’s much better balanced between stay at home and puck movers.

But with all that cap sitting on the forward lines, Tre is forced to gamble a bit with the backend and go for it now.

Won’t look good at all in 3-5 years, so this team is on the clock.

Would have felt a lot better with a proven #1 conn Smyth’s goalie to make that push, but we don’t have that and hopes and dreams sit on Joe Woll’s shoulders

Team should be better this year and next, though.

We will see what happens when Tavares and Marner deals expire
“D corps”

Strangle

May 4, 2009
“D corps”

I don’t see why d-core wouldn’t also make sense

Like forward core, core 4, etc

The basic or most important part; the crucial element or essence: synonym: substance.
"a small core of dedicated supporters; the core of the problem."

Reactions: Kurtz

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
We’re back to Muskoka 5 days. Everybody has a NMC so even if you want to trade someone, you’re not getting full value because they have leverage on where they go. Any Leaf fan who is happy about today should go see a doctor

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Don't think the contract will age well the last year but OEL was really good for the Cats last year and stepped up huge in the playoffs.

Good 4/5 puck mover that may be a huge add on the erratic Leafs PP.

TopG

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Tanev - Rielly
McCabe - Liljegren
Benoit - OEL
x - Timmins.

This blueline needs nothing, looks solid as hell. Will be very difficult to play against this defense core.
It actually doesnt suck

I feel like that's gotta be a bottom 10 defense no? Bottom 16 at least.
Look around the league. Its top half for sure

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
OEL is a #6 so he's not playing with Tanev.
I'm not one of those fans that shits on the leafs like fans of every team seems to do but that being said my God what the hell is Brad doing?
OEL sucks, I like Tanev but not at that term or as a top pairing guy.
That defense is not looking great imho and then they sign Stolarz to play with a rookie who gets injured and has no experience.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I wonder what Dubas would say about this. Look at that powerhouse hes building in Pittsburgh.

Worth every penny for that glasses wearing boy wonder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad