Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stamkos going to resign with the lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 41.0%

• Total voters

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
LeBrun is saying both sides are being very tight lipped about these negotiations. However, he was able to gather that a short term deal is not in the cards due to the Bolts cap situation. Instead, both sides have been focusing on a long term deal to bring down the AAV.
just give him an 8 year deal at like 4m

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Stamkos has signed 3 NHL contracts, the earliest being June 29th. He has hit the market before. I'm not worried...yet. If we get to July 1 without clearing any cap, then it makes things interesting.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Stamkos has signed 3 NHL contracts, the earliest being June 29th. He has hit the market before. I'm not worried...yet. If we get to July 1 without clearing any cap, then it makes things interesting.

This isn't 2016. The Lightning do not have cap space, and the GM isn't hiding the fact that no moves will be made to create it.

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
so stamkos would be fine with 4 or 5 mill? seems like a pretty easy decision to me. i’m still fairly confident we get this done
IMG_0116.jpeg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
WOW! So he did actually go with the 8 year offer

Look, this is actually much closer than I thought. IDK about 5m but if Stamkos is willing to take 4m than JBB HAS to make it happen.

If JBB offers Stamkos 4mx8yrs and Stamkos turns it down, he's forgiven. That is an honest offer IMO. Stamkos probably isn't going to see 30m offered on his next deal.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Remember the Point bridge took forever because JBB wouldn't budge from a stupid number like 4.75 and Points side was waiting for a reasonable offer.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
If the Bolts offered him $24 mil at 34 years old and he turned it down then it is on him.

Greed > Wish to stay in Tampa

Good luck getting more $ elsewhere Steve

• Haha
Reactions: T REX

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So we're basically at an 8 year deal and a few million apart? Yeah I feel a lot better about this getting done. If Stamkos walks, you can cancel Christmas in the JFBB household because he's gonna have to walk into Vinik's office and answer the question of "WTF was that?"

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
JBB
WOW! So he did actually go with the 8 year offer

Look, this is actually much closer than I thought. IDK about 5m but if Stamkos is willing to take 4m than JBB HAS to make it happen.

If JBB offers Stamkos 4mx8yrs and Stamkos turns it down, he's forgiven. That is an honest offer IMO. Stamkos probably isn't going to see 30m offered on his next deal.
would have to move his failure of a son Jeannot to give Stamkos 5 per year and doesn’t want to lol unreal

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Give him 4.5 per year for 8 years and close this deal already my goodness JBB move on from Jeannot!

Give him 4.5 per year for 8 years and close this deal already my goodness JBB move on from Jeannot!

Stamkos agency knows JBB will move
Up and budge Sunday night there not stupid

Reactions: Outl4w

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LeBrun is saying both sides are being very tight lipped about these negotiations. However, he was able to gather that a short term deal is not in the cards due to the Bolts cap situation. Instead, both sides have been focusing on a long term deal to bring down the AAV.
There is a tweet floating around from Lebrun (I believe) that sounds like he's gonna test the market.

I don't know what we are offering, but this is a disaster. I'm not even a huge Stamkos supporter (obviously), but losing him without a plan to replace him is just insane. I love McD, but we can't make that move without a plan for what we're dealing with now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad