Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Ya'll are delusional if you think Stamkos tests free agency and comes back. JBB has no inclination of making room for him.

If you're Stamkos and some team is offering you 8m+ and JBB is offering you 3m and hasn't even attempted to accommodate you, why deal with the disrespect? Take your money you've earned it

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So what do people think Stamkos was offered vs what he wants ?

He was offered 3m, nothing out of JBB's mouth indicates anything like creating cap space.

IDK, he probably would have taken 5m, doesn't matter. 100% he was strung on thinking he'd get a serious offer and it was never in the cards, complete and total disrespect

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Just like seeing Vinny in an orange sweater and Marty in the Rags sweater I'm gonna vomit when 91 dawns a new logo
This one is even worse.

Vinny’s contract was albatross unfortunately, and Marty requested a trade.

91 has been begging for a contract for a year and JBB is sitting on his hands. Massive sour taste in my mouth over the way this played out.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm really grasping at last hope straws here, but we may have to wait till day 2 of the draft (when we actually have picks) to see if JBB can make any final trades to clear up space.

If he wants to sign anyone of value he needs to open up cap space regardless if he wants 91 or not.

Using 5.3 to sign three bottom 6 players is the end of this run

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This one is even worse.

Vinny’s contract was albatross unfortunately, and Marty requested a trade.

91 has been begging for a contract for a year and JBB is sitting on his hands. Massive sour taste in my mouth over the way this played out.

Yep, we could have kept Stamkos if we wanted to. Was never Bresbois intent to keep him or there would be more than 3m available for him.

I'm really grasping at last hope straws here, but we may have to wait till day 2 of the draft (when we actually have picks) to see if JBB can make any final trades to clear up space.

If he wants to sign anyone of value he needs to open up cap space regardless if he wants 91 or not.

Using 5.3 to sign three bottom 6 players is the end of this run

There aren't any straws left my friend. If JBB intended on freeing up cap space he'd have implied as much

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If he doesn't have some kind of crazy back up plan, this is a disaster

Who is the statement directed to? Is he preparing fans, or is he speaking to Stammer and his agent? Teammates?

I don't think the video of the Zoom call has been released, so there may be an inflection or tone of how he said it that makes it feel different.
I think he is preparing the hockey world. I don't think it's a negotiation tactic.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Surprised that at this point Vinik wouldn't step in and tell JBB to get it done. I know its a business and sometimes tough decisions have to be made but this would be a big hit not only to the the teams performance but also to their bottom line. Do they really not realize the significance of this to the fanbase?

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
LeBrun is saying both sides are being very tight lipped about these negotiations. However, he was able to gather that a short term deal is not in the cards due to the Bolts cap situation. Instead, both sides have been focusing on a long term deal to bring down the AAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay