Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
JBB is washed. Dude never ever had a future plan. He won 2 cups.

He's GARBAGE. He's gonna drag the franchise to expansion lows.

He made some deals and overpaid on almost every one. He had zero forethought.

But hey...2 cups. I get it. There was no other to to win 2 cups but to totally screw the team over and prematurely close the team's window. No other way. None.

He can't even keep the team C around LOL.

F JBB

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't like the language. I don't like JBB's last statement being about Stamkos not signing.
I didn't either until I remembered that the Lightning are on par with the CIA on keeping their dealings quiet. If JBB went public, it's because this dude has been Don Meehan's mouthpiece all day and JBB is obliging this person's few minutes of fame

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't like the language. I don't like JBB's last statement being about Stamkos not signing.
Who is the statement directed to? Is he preparing fans, or is he speaking to Stammer and his agent? Teammates?

I don't think the video of the Zoom call has been released, so there may be an inflection or tone of how he said it that makes it feel different.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
After day 2 draft if nothing is done with the team with trades/buyout than he will probably walk we will see though. With Friedman saying we are on guentzel with what space so something is brewing in the back.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The fact JBB approached Stammer about trading him several years ago means that for quite awhile the organization believes we can win without him. Most of our players get a new deal with one year left on their current deal. Stammer didn't, and we're already hearing that Hedman probably will.

I'm 99% that Stammer is gone, all the signs are there. We'll have to wait and see who is traded tonight, if anyone, and who we sign with money many thought was going to Stammer. In the end this might end up being a very good thing for the franchise. JBB just can't Jeannot it up.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I have a feeling I'm going to be pissed if it's ever revealed what JBB's final offer is/was.

Sure no player is bigger than the team and all that, but it's an end of an era for sure.
This is the big problem for JBB: everyone knows we only have $5.3M in cap space. He got himself in trouble when he said that will be enough for Stamkos. Even the biggest Stamkos haters know that's a low ball offer. If Stamkos' tenure in Tampa ends because he was forced to leave due to a disrespectful offer, it's not gonna turn out well for JBB.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This is the big problem for JBB: everyone knows we only have $5.3M in cap space. He got himself in trouble when he said that will be enough for Stamkos. Even the biggest Stamkos haters know that's a low ball offer. If Stamkos' tenure in Tampa ends because he was forced to leave due to a disrespectful offer, it's not gonna turn out well for JBB.
Absolutely terrible for JBB really screwed up his cap flexibility he had

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
JBB better be fired next year. He's taken plenty of L's the last few years and now we're down 2 top 6 forwards with our overpaid 2C who doesn't produce like one. 5.3 with too many holes. We aren't getting 1, let alone 2 top 6 wingers for that.

Teams cooked. Maybe Kuch drags them to WC spot again but hopefully our next GM can right the ship in summer 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad