Speculation: Stadium Series Discussion

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
So this talk will be heating up for this season and next year...and until either games gets confirmed, I'm going to keep everything in one thread.

So now there's two stadiums series games the Stars are in discussion with.

For 2014-15 (at Minnesota) -

Still waiting

The Wild continues its quest to host a Winter Classic. But there are plans to bring a stadium-series game to Minnesota as soon as next season.

The Wild wants the opponent to be the Blackhawks, but the NHL is pushing the Dallas Stars as the opponent. If the game happens, it looks as if it will be played at Target Field.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/258044231.html

For 2015-16 (at Dallas) -

During the Q&A Season Ticket Holder Event, Jim Lites mentioned the Stars and the NHL are in talks with AT&T Stadium in Arlington for a Stadium Series game. No mention of an opponent, but earliest the game could happen would be for the 2015-16 season as Lites stated.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I don't want any part of a Minnesota outdoor game, the tv coverage would be just awful.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
If it happens we need to use our old North Stars jerseys, just to troll Minny. Then let Norm Green walk out to our bench highfiving our players followed by giving the bird to all the Wild fans.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
If it happens we need to use our old North Stars jerseys, just to troll Minny. Then let Norm Green walk out to our bench highfiving our players followed by giving the bird to all the Wild fans.

Norm needs to drop the ceremonial puck! [and maybe sing the anthem too :naughty: ]
Would be just perfect!

But for real, I might need to start saving for a trip! :amazed:

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I wonder if Dallas would get a new jersey out of this too :naughty:

Unfortunately all the stadium series jerseys this year were awful outside of the winter classic DET and TOR ones.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
The outrage from wild fans would be crazy if Dallas wore the northstars jersey even if it is rightfully part of the Stars franchise.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
That would unreal if it were to happen. So glad the Stars are being recognized to take part in a special events such as the Stadium Series. Really shows that the league is taking notice of our rising.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Still think when our host game comes it should be at the Cotton Bowl. But am sure they want the biggest payday they can get out of the Phonebooth.

A lot of people at the Q&A session screamed for the Ballpark as well, which I think would be fun to see too.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
That would unreal if it were to happen. So glad the Stars are being recognized to take part in a special events such as the Stadium Series. Really shows that the league is taking notice of our rising.

:laugh:

Still think when our host game comes it should be at the Cotton Bowl. But am sure they want the biggest payday they can get out of the Phonebooth.

A lot of people at the Q&A session screamed for the Ballpark as well, which I think would be fun to see too.

The Ballpark would be cool. The thing with Jerry World is it's not really outside, which depending how you look at it is either a blessing or a curse. Personally, I'm happy with playing in one for now, I doubt hosting one is really all it's cracked up to be.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I think it's weird that Minnesota is pushing for Chicago. Seeing Chicago and Crosby plastered on TV every single night is maddening to actual fans of the game. Get Eddie O off of the ****ing TV immediately.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I think it's weird that Minnesota is pushing for Chicago. Seeing Chicago and Crosby plastered on TV every single night is maddening to actual fans of the game. Get Eddie O off of the ****ing TV immediately.

I would assume it's mostly because Chicago is close enough that a ton of their fans would make the trip up to the game (more $$).

Given the history of the Stars and the progression of the team I think we would be perfect for an outdoor game in Minnesota.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Cotton Bowl all the way for a Stadium Series in Dallas.
A huge YES to North Stars throwbacks to wear that season just to piss off Minnesota.
LOL @ Norm dropping the puck, but it would almost certainly be Modano.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I'm all for this so long as we move the game from Minnesota to Dallas at the last minute, just to take it away from them. Norm Green will announce the whole thing in a press conference and then high-five Mike Modano on the way off the stage.

Edit: I would totally buy a throwback North Stars jersey, that would be crazy awesome.

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don't see how they can schedule an outdoor ice hockey game in the most unpredictable weather state.
I'm all for this so long as we move the game from Minnesota to Dallas at the last minute, just to take it away from them. Norm Green will announce the whole thing in a press conference and then high-five Mike Modano on the way off the stage.
:laugh: nvm, I want this

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't see how they can schedule an outdoor ice hockey game in the most unpredictable weather state.

:laugh: nvm, I want this

They likely wouldn't. That's why it would be a Stadium Series game with roof closed. The Death Star is climate controlled. I have no doubt Jerry Jones would have a huge chub to get that event. With the available standing room, he might be able to pack it in tight enough to try and break a record, and you know he's all about that.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'd be interested to see who they'd select as an opponent for the game here. St. Louis or Colorado maybe?

I'd hate it, but it'd have to be Chicago. Those fans already fill up the AAC. They'd have the best shot at a sellout I'd think.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
When the idea of a stadium game being held in Dallas there seemed to be some question from Bettman if it would sell out. All of the games have been sold out thus far and having one in Dallas it wouldn't be sure to sell out. Add in the likelihood of it being at Cowboys stadium means it would be even more difficult to sell out. I highly doubt that game would be in the running for a record attendance at that venue.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
They'd probably wait to make sure they make it into playoffs again this upcoming season and are a team truly on an upswing.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I just want Dallas to be involved in some way.

18 teams have played at least one outdoor game, it would be cool to have our boys take part in one. Play anywhere, doesn't matter to me. If they play Detroit in the Big House, in Michigan, I'm totally going. Still kind of regret missing out on the Leafs-Wings game earlier this season. :laugh:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I used to be interested in this when it was only the Winter Classic. But now that the NHL has made it clear that the Winter Classic is only for the Eastern Conference league darlings and the Stadium Series is the bone they'll throw to everyone else the magic is gone.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas play the Wild in Minnesota; however, I have no desire for Dallas to host a Stadium Series game. Even though you could play a game at the Cotton Bowl or the Ballpark, I don't think the NHL would risk having crappy ice due to unpredictable weather. This means that AT&T Stadium is the most likely location. A game at AT&T stadium wouldn't have the atmosphere of an outdoor game and IMO the game experience would be terrible. Why would I want to pay more money to watch a game at what essentially is a large AAC? I'm also extremely doubtful that they could fill the stadium.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas play the Wild in Minnesota; however, I have no desire for Dallas to host a Stadium Series game. Even though you could play a game at the Cotton Bowl or the Ballpark, I don't think the NHL would risk having crappy ice due to unpredictable weather. This means that AT&T Stadium is the most likely location. A game at AT&T stadium wouldn't have the atmosphere of an outdoor game and IMO the game experience would be terrible. Why would I want to pay more money to watch a game at what essentially is a large AAC? I'm also extremely doubtful that they could fill the stadium.

On the plus side you could at least watch the big screen from the nose bleeds instead of those poor ******** at the Detroit game this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad