Speculation: Stadium Series Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Unfortunately there's not really an "all the way." It's just a hole in the roof, there's still a roof. And Lobo I have no doubt that's where it would be played if they got a game here. It would just suck.

By the way, does anyone know if there's a reason Jerryworld was aligned E-W instead of N-S like almost all football stadiums? For day games it means the sun shines through the windowed ends blinding players.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Yes I'd love for it to be the Cotton Bowl. Actually the Ballpark might be a possibility. I'd be happy with that also. But if Jerry wants it he'll get it.

ColeJ

Nov 4, 2007
Waxahachie, Texas
the stars will play a game at jerry's stadium... there's no question in my mind. you have to ask why the nhl would want to play a marquee game in dallas to begin with. it is allll for advertising and publicity. does anyone outside of the metroplex care about the ballpark in arlington? the rangers aren't the cubs, yankees, or red sox. aligning the nhl with their stadium is pointless. on a global scale, the ballpark is very generic and not at all interesting.

the cotton bowl only makes sense for dallas natives who have an eye for sports history. the nhl doesn't care about aligning with that history either, i'd bet.

jerry's world is everything the stadium series is all about. big. flashy. goofy. "chromed out." it would make a better headline for the stars to play a game at the crashed-space-ship known as the home of the dallas cowboys.

we won't get a winter classic in dallas. ever. but we will get a stadium series, since it never really specifies anything about heritage, history, or even outdoors in its marketing.

in my perfect world, they'd give us a stadium series at cowboys stadium, and they'd give us a heritage classic in minnesota.

put us in silver and green at ATT Stadium against who-cares-who... put us in kelly and yellow north stars sweaters in minnesota, against the christmas-colored wild in faux-backs.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Im not sure the NHL would ever approve Dallas playing in the Kelly Green in Minnesota, id love to see a return to the 90s blacks

modano-tri.jpg

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I would be in full support of trolling them. But I think the 90's away jerseys would be the way to go.

If it winds up being a stadium series game, instead of a Winter Classic, I wouldn't mind seeing a version of the old 90's star jersey in our new colors, provided they can finally do them. I wonder if they could do the star pattern slanted like our Star logo though, that always kind of bugged me a bit. Oh and green Pants and Helmets too. If its a Classic game though, got to go old North Stars jerseys though. The next year after ours they could do Phoenix in Winnipeg wearing old Jets uniforms, Colorado in QC vs Montreal in Nordiques, Carolina vs Boston? in the old Whalers jersey...

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
If it winds up being a stadium series game, instead of a Winter Classic, I wouldn't mind seeing a version of the old 90's star jersey in our new colors, provided they can finally do them. I wonder if they could do the star pattern slanted like our Star logo though, that always kind of bugged me a bit. Oh and green Pants and Helmets too. If its a Classic game though, got to go old North Stars jerseys though. The next year after ours they could do Phoenix in Winnipeg wearing old Jets uniforms, Colorado in QC vs Montreal in Nordiques, Carolina vs Boston? in the old Whalers jersey...

Jeez so many defunct team fans would be pissed :laugh:

Stargazer1111

Oct 19, 2014

Well. The 90s would actually be the jersey before the All-Star copy-cat jerseys. The one with the black shoulder stripe.

I disagree with wearing the N*. It should be a Dallas jersey, not a Minnesota jersey. Let the Wild do something with the North Stars history.

In my opinion, the North Star history should more belong to them anyway since they are in Minnesota.

Have Dallas wear the whites from 1994-1999 (the darker green ones, not the lighter green one from the first year/late Minnesota days). Have the Wild wear the green N* jerseys from the early 90s.

Klockis

Loyalty personified
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
As a fan living in Sweden the location of the team doesn't matter to me at all. North Stars are just as much part of our history as the Stars is.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
the stars will play a game at jerry's stadium... there's no question in my mind. you have to ask why the nhl would want to play a marquee game in dallas to begin with. it is allll for advertising and publicity. does anyone outside of the metroplex care about the ballpark in arlington? the rangers aren't the cubs, yankees, or red sox. aligning the nhl with their stadium is pointless. on a global scale, the ballpark is very generic and not at all interesting.

the cotton bowl only makes sense for dallas natives who have an eye for sports history. the nhl doesn't care about aligning with that history either, i'd bet.

jerry's world is everything the stadium series is all about. big. flashy. goofy. "chromed out." it would make a better headline for the stars to play a game at the crashed-space-ship known as the home of the dallas cowboys.

we won't get a winter classic in dallas. ever. but we will get a stadium series, since it never really specifies anything about heritage, history, or even outdoors in its marketing.

in my perfect world, they'd give us a stadium series at cowboys stadium, and they'd give us a heritage classic in minnesota.

put us in silver and green at ATT Stadium against who-cares-who... put us in kelly and yellow north stars sweaters in minnesota, against the christmas-colored wild in faux-backs.

I'm sure it will happen, but na, it doesn't make sense. They haven't played one of those games in a venue anything like Jerryworld that I recall. They have all been at spots like the Ballpark (several MLB stadiums already) or the Cotton Bowl (The Big House). It doesn't make sense because what it's about is the novelty of playing a game outdoors. Even with the roof hole and windows open at JW it won't feel like an outdoor game. There won't be any point to it at all, or at least they'd have to come up with a new angle since the outdoor novelty one won't fly. It wouldn't even make any sense to play the game in Arlington. Unlike the Rangers and Cowboys they've always played in Dallas.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
That's somewhat part of the appeal to the league I would think.

Jerry is gonna get the game one way or another.

Omg I can see it now the Stars play buffalo dressed in hockey versions of the Cowboys Jersey vs the Sabres in Hockey versions of Bills uniforms in the most ultimate troll ever...

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
And it was Minnesota who wanted them instead of us like the league proposed apparently. Ugh, so now Chicago gets their third in three years, 4th overall. And Red wings get their third, 2nd in three years. You would think they could of had us or the Blues in either of those games.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The Wild need the rub from the NHL's most marketed team or their game will be a ratings disaster. Nobody outside of Minnesota and Dallas would tune in to see that matchup, so the team with the most tuned in fanbase gets to play outdoors every year.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
If you think the NHL doesn't notice that 5 all star starters are Blackhawks and make these decisions based on those sorts of metrics you are kidding yourself. The NHL doesn't care about fairness or rivalries or helping the Stars get over with a national audience: they care about ratings and money, and right now Chicago is the axis around which the hockey universe revolves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad