Proposal: St.Louis-Arizona Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
That’s not even close to enough. Go ahead and add R Thomas or Kyrou to this. Probably Neighbors too.
That’s a top pair #1 D in his prime. Some non lottery 1st ain’t gonna get it done.

This has to be joke? Right?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The problem is fans will overvalue Chychrun because of the additional value he brings with his contract being such a good value for the player that he is. There will never be an agreement on what his general value would be in a trade if Arizona decides to move him. It absolutely won't be as high as some on HF think, but he still will have some level of premium. How much more is he worth than Hamilton when Boston and Calgary traded him? Is he even worth more than Hamilton was in those trades?

If Chychrun is made available, I have a hard time seeing the Blues being the destination. Even though he's a perfect fit, I'm not sure either Armstrong would want to make a trade of that level within the division.

Reactions: YotesFan47

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This has to be joke? Right?
You want a number 1 D. A really good one, good contact, healthy. For two not very interesting draft picks that won’t be in the NHL draft lottery.

Arizona has to get something that is a sure thing. So a R Thomas or Kyrou. They’d need to get something for the top of their line up. So make one of them your base and then add to that for a trade.

This trade proposal doesn’t have a base. It’s just a collection of add ons.

Reactions: Ciao

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This proposal has no base.

it’s just a 3 non lottery 1st round picks and spare parts Arizona won’t want for their best player. A legit #1 D, young and on a great contract.

St Louis needs to add a base. You could then subtract a draft pick or Bolduc but you can’t seriously think Arizona would trade best player for this underwhelming offer that has zero sure things included.

this proposal is the very definition of offering 3 quarters for $1 dollar. Unknown quantity for known quality. Please explain why Arizona should roll the dice this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nowotny

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
This entire trade proposal is a wreck and it will go absolutely no where. No thanks for any trade involving these two teams.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Terrible for Arizona. Classic my garbage scraps for your superstar proposal.
I wouldn’t go that far. Haha. But I do think it overrates very late 1sts. I’ve seen most of Bolduc’s games this season. I’m not overly impressed. Picks in the 20s aren’t likely to produce prospects of a much higher caliber, either.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Terrible for Arizona. Classic my garbage scraps for your superstar proposal.
Which of the six pieces are “garbage scraps?”

Scandella is meant to be a serviceable defenseman and he’s definitely worth his contract. He isn’t the value in the deal he’s the roster player who can play in the same position.

Walman isn’t likely to be much more than a bottom pairing player, so I guess you could call that garbage.

The rest is quality.

I agree with the posters who say Arizona would want one player with a lot more potential. So if I’m Arizona I don’t do this unless it’s one for one for Kyrou.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Chycrun is really good….but he’s not victor Hedman…..or prime doughty….he’s not as gifted offensively as the Dahlins, Hughes, Makar, Klingberg, Carlson, Reilly, Petro etc…. And he’s not as stout defensively or as smart in coverage or at sorting things out when they break down like Slavin, Pesce, Mcdonagh, Jones, Parayko etc… etc….

Is he extremely valuable? Yes. Is he a clear cut legit #1? Sort of but I do think he’s a tad overrated around here relative to his value.

would STL be acquiring a stud LHD? Yes. Is he worth 3 1sts, potential #1 G, replacement veteran D and fringe NHL ready D finally getting consistent playing time for the first time? No.

What would chycrun provide for the blues that Hampus Lindholm wouldn’t? We have Krug, Faulk and perunovich(waiting in the wings) as our PP QB’s. So in a shutdown and PK role who would u rather have and who would u trust more? And who would come at a much cheaper price to acquire? For me it’s Hampus Lindholm given all those variables.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
In fairness to the Coyotes fans, it’s Chychrun’s difficult-to-valueness that mandates an equal player in return. However if the Blues were trading Kyrou it would be straight across and not “as a base” since they are in similar categories to each team.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
In fairness to the Coyotes fans, it’s Chychrun’s difficult-to-valueness that mandates an equal player in return. However if the Blues were trading Kyrou it would be straight across and not “as a base” since they are in similar categories to each team.

As a fan of neither team, I'd give up a lot more for Chychrun than I would for Kyrou, because good defensemen are harder to find.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
As a fan of neither team, I'd give up a lot more for Chychrun than I would for Kyrou, because good defensemen are harder to find.
Although I concur that top pair defenseman are generally more valuable than wingers, the Blues do value Kyrou as a cornerstone young forward in the same way the Coyotes value Chychrun. Both on great contracts and both are the players their teams will build around moving forward.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I’m not a fan of either team but think again

chychrun>>>Kyrou

the OPs offer is a spare parts bonanza. To get a core type of player you need to give up stuff you don’t want to give up.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I’m not a fan of either team but think again

chychrun>>>Kyrou

the OPs offer is a spare parts bonanza. To get a core type of player you need to give up stuff you don’t want to give up.
If you’d read what I’ve written you’d know I agree I wouldn't do the OP if I’m Arizona.

Kyrou could get an 8x8 deal on his next contract. Do you understand that aspect of his valuation?

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
This proposal has no base.

it’s just a 3 non lottery 1st round picks and spare parts Arizona won’t want for their best player. A legit #1 D, young and on a great contract.

St Louis needs to add a base. You could then subtract a draft pick or Bolduc but you can’t seriously think Arizona would trade best player for this underwhelming offer that has zero sure things included.

this proposal is the very definition of offering 3 quarters for $1 dollar. Unknown quantity for known quality. Please explain why Arizona should roll the dice this way.

Lol, I never argued FOR the offer, I just stated your counter was stupid. Which it was. If even you disagree with it now, then we're in agreement.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Before any proposal is made, the question before posting should be: “if my team had the player I wanted, would I accept trading that player for the package offered”.

If the answer is no, well then…

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Trading that much would lock the Blues into a full rebuild in 3 years as you'd have no youngsters coming up through the pipeline to fill in aging contracts and UFA departures. I'd rather see the Blues patch in a shutdown LHD via minor trades and UFA acquisitions while maintaining some semblance of a development pipeline going forward.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
We need an LD that is big and physical, a stay at home type of Dman. I know some will say we’re missing Pietrangelo but it’s a JayBo type of player that we need.

Reactions: 67Blues

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don’t think Chychrun would or should be available. If for some strange reason he were I’d expect it to be be Bill Armstrong gone drunk with cornering the next two drafts. So it would be the next two first round picks plus any prospect of Arizona’s choosing plus a little more. And the Blues would have to consider it if he were available.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Such a terrible offer for Chychrun.
I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s “terrible” offer as there’s some very desirable pieces there especially for a rebuilding team. However I think it’s fair to say that the quality isn’t great when trading for a #1D just entering his prime.

Too much quantity, not enough quality to get it done IMO.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Although I concur that top pair defenseman are generally more valuable than wingers, the Blues do value Kyrou as a cornerstone young forward in the same way the Coyotes value Chychrun. Both on great contracts and both are the players their teams will build around moving forward.

Kyrou certainly has the potential to be that kind of guy, but, he's only 110 games into his career, and has put up a 52 point pace in a covid altered season, and has a good start to this season, which makes it hard to put an accurate value on him today. The Blues, understandably, value him like he's definitely going to his his full potential and have no reason to trade him. But, to a GM trying to acquire him, I don't think he's got that kind of value yet, and still needs to show he can maintain his production this year to get there.

Chychrun, on the other hand, has 300+ games played, which makes him more of a known quantity. Obviously, there's still questions about whether his production this last year was a fluke, and we probably won't get those answered with Arizona tanking, but he's a legit top pairing D at 23 years old. He's also got 3 more years on a great contract, while Kyrou could plausibly be much more expensive after next season. Chychrun being the safer bet makes it easier to pay more for him.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Lol, I never argued FOR the offer, I just stated your counter was stupid. Which it was. If even you disagree with it now, then we're in agreement.
This offer sucks for Arizona. It’s very risky for them.

My counter would be something like R Thomas, neighbors, 2022 1st and a cap dump from St Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad