SSM Greyhounds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
That’s because they do that every time they go for it.. lol is what I’d imagine he meant. They never really lose picks. I think we’re trying to say the similar thing just different points hahab

London is definitely constantly recouping picks. They never have to do a hard sell because they aren't afraid to sell high value assets in years they're semi-competitive, but clearly not going to win it all.

The soo greyhounds have just essentially given up on selling, and have been buyers in years we had no business doing so.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
You can't see the numbers on the jerseys on tv. Not a good look for viewing on tv.

That sucks. I love the jersey otherwise.

I only caught the 3rd on the radio. Didn't have that problem there I guess.

Nice win for the pups. Allard and Mignosa had an immediate impact for certain. Looks like Hilton had a big game too. Nice to see Miller come in cold and get it done.

What happened to Schenks? Injury?

“And Chris Lazary MIRACULOUSLY declined comment” ….
He was last seen walking to the bus muttering to himself about bad ice.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
That sucks. I love the jersey otherwise.

I only caught the 3rd on the radio. Didn't have that problem there I guess.

Nice win for the pups. Allard and Mignosa had an immediate impact for certain. Looks like Hilton had a big game too. Nice to see Miller come in cold and get it done.

What happened to Schenks? Injury?

He was last seen walking to the bus muttering to himself about bad ice.
Ya the ice sucked, it kept melting in my drink, lol.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Great game all around. A little loose defensively, especially in the 2nd, but that's to be expected with a bunch of line changes and no Carlisle. It was really nice to see Allard and Mignosa back in action.

Brown looks like a different guy when he's not in a top 6 role. Really nice game from him tonight. Hopefully he and Charlie are both ok.

Reactions: 93MemCup

Chris Coutu

Mar 27, 2019
Kitchener
Hopefully Schenkel is not out long term. Looked like a groin issue. Skated off on his own. Could be Millers net for a few games.

Allard and Mignosa are game changers.

Parekh and company haven’t changed it seems.

Quite a nice rivalry they got going here between these 2 teams.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully Schenkel is not out long term. Looked like a groin issue. Skated off on his own. Could be Millers net for a few games.

Allard and Mignosa are game changers.

Parekh and company haven’t changed it seems.

Quite a nice rivalry they got going here between these 2 teams.
One of these days someone will come along and make parekh be accountable after one of his dirty hits and I hope I'm there to see it.

93MemCup

Apr 10, 2014
Nice to see the power play finally click. Coming into the game, a minuscule 3.1% efficiency. The first ppg vaulted that number to, 5.8%. Tacking on the 2 nd ppg propelled the efficiency to 8.3%. Having Allard and Mignosa is huge and I can see efficiency climbing game by game. If we can get it closer to 20%, which I believe we can, we should be able to put teams away more effectively and definitely more reluctant to foul the Brady Martin’s and Travis Hayes’s on the roster

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
One of these days someone will come along and make parekh be accountable after one of his dirty hits and I hope I'm there to see it.
Sounds like he has been suspended 10 games for striking a fan with his stick after being ejected last night.

He's certainly one of the worst human beings we have seen come through the league in a long time. Attacking fans, attacking his own teammates, spitting on players multiple times. That's just the tip of the iceberg with him if you talk to people in the league. It's unfortunate because he's a hell of an offensive player.

Edit: A suspension hasn't been announced. I read an article with a misleading headline that is comparing the incident to a similar one in the Q, where another fan was assaulted by a player who got 10 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 93MemCup

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
Don't beleive everything you read. OHL has already issued a statement about fake news being reported about players and teams. Media notes will confirm if indeed there is a pending supension.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
The league under Branch gave him the star treatment and went easy on him kast year. Different rules for different players. Let's hope the new regime won't tolerate assaulting fans if this turns out to be true.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Don't beleive everything you read. OHL has already issued a statement about fake news being reported about players and teams. Media notes will confirm if indeed there is a pending supension.
The incident certainly occured. Multiple reputable people saw it. Whether there is a suspension remains to be seen. I realized the article had a misleading headline after going to the media notes for confirmation.

93MemCup

Apr 10, 2014
IMG_7818.jpeg

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
how embarrassing for the OHL.

as has been the case with parekh in the past, the leagues stars get preferential treatment.

he best keep his head up!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Translation: The incident wasn't captured on video. There are too many credible witnesses for it not to have happened, but I can understand why the league wouldn't act without video proof or a referee seeing it.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Character issues always catch up with you.
Every year the magnifying glass is getting a little bigger on this kid,
NHL teams want high character players.

Agreed. This kid strikes me as the reincarnation of guys like Merkley, DeAngelo. Loads of talent but can't ever get out of their own way or stop stepping on their own feet until their behaviour lands them in the KHL.

Time will tell!

Last edited:

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Looks like Brodie MB and Nordh will be in the lineup tonight as per the hounds latest instagram post. A picture of the 8 and 43 black jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad