Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
LOL what a disaster. That has to be the worst call since Jim Joyce on Galarraga

I bet the NHL has been consulting this ump for goalie interference challenges
This is far worse than Joyce. Joyce's call was a mistake on a close play (where he clearly didn't see what happened).

This is...a decision. The second the ump calls infield fly, the play is over (unless the runners were actively trying to advance, which they weren't). Even if the runner ran the fielder down on purpose, it still can't be interference by rule.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Pitching, specifically the bullpen, seems to be turning a corner these last couple weeks. However, I don’t see any confidence in Genesis right now. I’m not sure what the plan is for Bowden and Yariel but they could really lengthen the pen and allow the Jays to kinda bridge the SPs to the closing options in tight games.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I can't imagine umpires screwing up a call worse
should have been reviewable.
bad call for sure.
Weird the other umps allowed it.

If you prevented the fielder for catching the ball ... for sure ... but ... the ball was caught.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Pitching, specifically the bullpen, seems to be turning a corner these last couple weeks. However, I don’t see any confidence in Genesis right now. I’m not sure what the plan is for Bowden and Yariel but they could really lengthen the pen and allow the Jays to kinda bridge the SPs to the closing options in tight games.
Yeah, they might as well hang onto everyone until those guys are ready and see if Cabrera can turn it around, but Richards should be getting more and more high leverage spots against lefties.

should have been reviewable.
bad call for sure.
Weird the other umps allowed it.

If you prevented the fielder for catching the ball ... for sure ... but ... the ball was caught.
Not only was the ball caught, but the batter was already out, so whether or not the ball was caught made no difference at all on the play.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
If we were to hypothetically sell and try to retool, what teams would be good fits for Jansen, Bo, Vlad, Kikuchi, etc?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Can we please admit this team is barely a .500 team! This is unacceptable and will not get you a wild card. Time to clean house. And please don't let Atkins do it. We just frigging lost 3/4 to the Tigers ! More than likely we need to go 66-34 the rest of the year.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
IKF has more HRs than Bo Bichette and George Springer.

Also Vlad’s hitting like Freddie Freeman. Top 10 OBP, pretty great wRC+. Even if the power isn’t there he’s been playing well.

Reactions: aingefan

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The season is already lost. Schneider is the obvious and easiest fall guy. A change should have already been made but I believe management are pro-longing the decision as much as possible so that it buys them more time. As soon as Schneider gets the axe than management no longer has their fall guy. Once that happens, from a PR standpoint, all eyes are solely on them.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The season is already lost. Schneider is the obvious and easiest fall guy. A change should have already been made but I believe management are pro-longing the decision as much as possible so that it buys them more time. As soon as Schneider gets the axe than management no longer has their fall guy. Once that happens, from a PR standpoint, all eyes are solely on them.

"But c'mon guys, look at how cool the new Rogers Centre looks! Pretty neat, right?!"

What a disaster.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
After we missed on Ohtani, we needed Soto and missed out to the Yankees.

I heard the Yankees management are complaining about Soto putting them so deep into luxury tax.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

– The Toronto Blue Jays are the team buyers are keeping their eye on at the trade deadline knowing they could move first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr., shortstop Bo Bichette, DH Justin Turner, outfielders George Springer and Kevin Kiermaier, closer Jordan Romano and starters Yusei Kikuchi and Chris Bassitt.

Reactions: xxOCZMSxx

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

– The Toronto Blue Jays are the team buyers are keeping their eye on at the trade deadline knowing they could move first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr., shortstop Bo Bichette, DH Justin Turner, outfielders George Springer and Kevin Kiermaier, closer Jordan Romano and starters Yusei Kikuchi and Chris Bassitt.

Makes sense.....at this point I wouldn't say there are any true "untouchables" on the roster.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Whether trading Guerrero Jr. and/or Bichette would be the right move to make the team better in 3 to 5 years, I believe doing so would kill a lot of the enthusiasm about this team and group (any of it that may be left, mind you), and most certainly that of the management group that has failed to deliver on expectations these past 8+ seasons (whose trust from the fans is at its lowest point already).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad