Movies: Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5th, 2019)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
B0tnDmB.jpg

Hmmm....

tumblr_n88lpasKof1qgr036o7_r1_250.gif

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Watching, or rather listening to Grace Randolph's non-spoiler review, there's apparently a plot twist that wasn't hinted at all in the trailers. Also A LOT of call-backs going really far back.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Most of the showing start today (this morning in fact!) but I got business to do at the bar today so I can't watch it right away. Will probably see it tomorrow.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
My brother and buddy went to the midnight showing last night, and they both loved it. Definitely seems to be getting good reviews so far - 93% critic and 98% audience on Rotten.

Going to see it tonight after work. I've had like 5 things spoiled for me already, but whatever. Although I know what happens, I'm still excited to see the "how" and "why" of it.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Tomorrow, when I get back home from seeing the movie, I'm about to go on Grace Randolph's (Beyond The Trailer channel) video comments section and unload a few expletives because she just had to post the spoiler talk video already and her spoiler videos often have a thumbnail that spoils things. :madfire:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Tomorrow, when I get back home from seeing the movie, I'm about to go on Grace Randolph's (Beyond The Trailer channel) video comments section and unload a few expletives because she just had to post the spoiler talk video already and her spoiler videos often have a thumbnail that spoils things. :madfire:

Saw someone else say that. People who do that are the worst. Like I said, I’ve basically had most of the twists spoiled for me, but it’s whatever. It happens. I’m still pumped to see it tonight.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Saw someone else say that. People who do that are the worst. Like I said, I’ve basically had most of the twists spoiled for me, but it’s whatever. It happens. I’m still pumped to see it tonight.

It comes off very hypocritical because she was telling her viewers not to spoil Endgame (because for example Europeans got it a day earlier).

Last edited:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Just saw it. Solid movie. Very much a traditional sequel with being a bigger version of the first film...but if you liked Homecoming you will enjoy it.

Very interesting how the handled the villains. Tough choices to adapt to the big screen...but they managed to do it in a way that made sense and fit the MCU.

Acting was solid across the board. Gyllenhaal was very good. I really liked Zendaya in this one. Between this and Euphoria, she has really grown on me.

Action and effects were amazing. Was surprised how well it all looked.

Yes...post credit scenes are both very important...for both Spiderman and the MCU. I will tell you right now they have nothing to do with the fox properties...but still are pretty mind blowing.

My only complaint was pacing was a bit off and there was a bit too much crammed into the film. A lot of that feeling might have to do with the post credit scenes though. To be fair, this film had a lot to do in 2 hours considering what it was following up....I also thought they handled the Endgame aftermath well.

So yeah, go see it soon. Definitely dont want anything spoiled.

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
Yeah it was great. Enjoyed seeing more of all the other kids and the whole class in general. The call backs were pretty well done and surprising - to me at least.

And yeah, post credit scenes are must-watch.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Got my ticket for a 10:30 showing tonight. Rewatched Homecoming last night and playing the spiderman game to get me in the mood.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Got back now really enjoyed it....

Butttt i just can't place it above Spider-Man 2..

Tough choice. It's been a little since I've seen that one, but I think I'd have to see them both again to know for sure. Either way, they're both very enjoyable movies.

Of course, nothing beats Into the Spiderverse.. but I can't really compare animation to live action.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not sure if this was better than Spider-Man 2. Far too much stuff was shown in the trailers and thus some scenes lacked impact. 8.75/10

Mysterio was everything I expected him to be but even better. Good work by Jake Gyllenhaal. The really interesting parts were the mid and post-credit scenes. First the mic-credits scene:
Mysterio framing Spider-Man as the villain attacking London AND revealing he's Peter Parker. The 3rd movie is going to really have a lot of work explaining that.

Second scene:
Well this one was spoiled by Spoiling Randy already so I guessed it would involve Fury and the Skrulls. Pleasantly surprised that Fury and Hill were actually Talos and his wife. Suprised Fury was on "vacation" in a Skrull/Kree built space station somewhere.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Not sure if this was better than Spider-Man 2. Far too much stuff was shown in the trailers and thus some scenes lacked impact. 8.75/10

Mysterio was everything I expected him to be but even better. Good work by Jake Gyllenhaal. The really interesting parts were the mid and post-credit scenes. First the mic-credits scene:
Mysterio framing Spider-Man as the villain attacking London AND revealing he's Peter Parker. The 3rd movie is going to really have a lot of work explaining that.

Second scene:
Well this one was spoiled by Spoiling Randy already so I guessed it would involve Fury and the Skrulls. Pleasantly surprised that Fury and Hill were actually Talos and his wife. Suprised Fury was on "vacation" in a Skrull/Kree built space station somewhere.

There was a decent amount shown in the trailers, but I actually felt like they left a lot out. Hell, I got pretty much all the surprises spoiled for me, but I had no idea the "how" or "why" of them... and those were some great reveals.

As for some responses to your spoilers...

What a crazy credit scene that was. Sets up a ton moving forward for Spider-Man. That movie could go so many different ways. I saw a lot of people saying Spider-Man should be represented by Matt Murdock. I don't think that'll happen, but man that'd be cool.

I also had this spoiled for me. I saw a lot of people theorizing that station was S.W.O.R.D., or the space version of S.H.I.E.L.D. if you're not familiar.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I dont get how people can like spiderman 2, doc ock is an egotistical ahole who only cares about himself. He was never a nice guy.

This is the best spiderman movie and most likely a top 5 marvel movie. I loved how it stood on its own with mysterio and also how it pushed the mcu forwards.

I need a 2 look at the final post credits scene. I want to know what i saw.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I dont get how people can like spiderman 2, doc ock is an egotistical ahole who only cares about himself. He was never a nice guy.

This is the best spiderman movie and most likely a top 5 marvel movie. I loved how it stood on its own with mysterio and also how it pushed the mcu forwards.

I need a 2 look at the final post credits scene. I want to know what i saw.

Yeah I think this jumped into my top 5 marvel movies too. Or right around there. Mysterio just blew my mind. I loved it all so much.

I have to disagree on Spider-Man 2, though. It’s a well done movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad