Movies: Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5th, 2019)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Why are people struggling with this concept so much?

They all got snapped and, therefore, haven’t been to school in 5 years. So they’re going to pick up where they left off.

Here’s how it worked:

1.) Peter was in high school when he was snapped.

2.) After Peter got snapped, he never went to school. Because he was dead. Therefore, he never advanced grades.

3.) When Peter comes back 5 years later, he would be at the same point in school when he was snapped... which was in high school.

I’ve seen so many people unable to put this together. It seems rather obvious.

Peter + all his friends... He doesn't seem to put this together either.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
What is based on that?

I mean why people are confused about it. They saw the reunion, assumed Ned was overwhelmed because Peter was snapped while he wasn't and this was the first time seeing him in five years, and decided it was a plot hole, I guess. I've seen some people also not like how coincidental it was that the four main returning characters from Homecoming all just happened to be snapped, but c'mon, that's a little much after the original six Avengers all survived Infinity War.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I mean why people are confused about it. They saw the reunion, assumed Ned was overwhelmed because Peter was snapped while he wasn't and this was the first time seeing him in five years, and decided it was a plot hole, I guess. I've seen some people also not like how coincidental it was that the four main returning characters from Homecoming all just happened to be snapped, but c'mon, that's a little much after the original six Avengers all survived Infinity War.

Okay - that makes more sense.

Oh, and all of Hawkeye’s family got snapped as well.

Sometimes “coincidences” happen so it fits the story line a little. That’s fine with me.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017

Of course, all fine and dandy even if a little convenient. It's still hilarious to see Holland struggle while attempting to figure it out.

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
Why are people struggling with this concept so much?

They all got snapped and, therefore, haven’t been to school in 5 years. So they’re going to pick up where they left off.

Here’s how it worked:

1.) Peter was in high school when he was snapped.

2.) After Peter got snapped, he never went to school. Because he was dead. Therefore, he never advanced grades.

3.) When Peter comes back 5 years later, he would be at the same point in school when he was snapped... which was in high school.

I’ve seen so many people unable to put this together. It seems rather obvious.
I really don't understand why complain about such insignificant details. Just enjoy the movie without picking apart every little percieved plot hole.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I have, and am enjoying it :) It is quite fun. Fisk/Brutes hurt. Still getting the fighting mechanics down but it's a ton a fun.

I played that like every night and still wasn't great at the fighting mechanics. But I like that. I want the game to be winnable, but I don't want it to be too easy.

I really love the fluidity of slinging around as Spider-Man. Sometimes it's just fun to do that for a little while - and beat up some bad guys along the way.

Reactions: Loosie

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Looks good .. Wasn't sure how much interest I would have in the MCU post-Endgame but I really like how this one is set up.

Seems like the next phase of the MCU movies will have Spiderman as a prominent cornerstone and this movie helps develop his character into that type of role.

Also really liked what I saw from Gyllenhaal as Mysterio .. Could be a good villain.
Well see how it goes. Holland has already done 5 movies for the mcu. Civil war, avengers IW and EG, along with 2 solo films. Think his contract was 6 films. Plus there’s the whole Sony and Marvel agreement to work out.

Given the timeline for the next several movies, I would guess Spidey 3 for MCU comes out in 2022. Think they will age up Spidey into a college kid for the third one. Who knows though.

But really not sure if Holland is going to be around for another Avengers movie. Talking about 4-5 years before another one of those.

I wasn’t a fan of Homecoming but I guess it’s because the character was a bit different from what I expected. But, I get the mcu trying to make jimmy different than what Sony did. Can appreciate now why Tony has basically replaced Uncle Ben as his motivation for continuing to be a hero.

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Just realized the date in the title should be changed. It's actually opening on July 2.

And I am getting quite hyped. Some more trailers/TV spots have come out, and if those are any indication, I am going to love the action scenes. They look fantastic in the trailers.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Can't always trust early social media reviews, but it seems safe to say this movie will not be a failure based on the reactions I've seen so far.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Just realized the date in the title should be changed. It's actually opening on July 2.

And I am getting quite hyped. Some more trailers/TV spots have come out, and if those are any indication, I am going to love the action scenes. They look fantastic in the trailers.
It certainly helps that Tom Holland does some of the stunts himself.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Reading through the reactions posted at superherohype.com forums.... :popcorn::eek: :amazed:

I don't want to look too much, but I am assuming that means the reactions are very good?

Also, just so everyone knows, there are 2 post credit scenes! I have seen multiple people say to make sure to stay for both. Sounds like both of them are important, which is nice. If there are 2, usually one is important, and the other is kind of a stupid thing. Guess they are just making up for no post credit scenes in Endgame :)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't want to look too much, but I am assuming that means the reactions are very good?

Also, just so everyone knows, there are 2 post credit scenes! I have seen multiple people say to make sure to stay for both. Sounds like both of them are important, which is nice. If there are 2, usually one is important, and the other is kind of a stupid thing. Guess they are just making up for no post credit scenes in Endgame :)

Social media reactions, so they can't spoil anything in them. Praise all around with many saying it's better than Spider-Man 2

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Social media reactions, so they can't spoil anything in them. Praise all around with many saying it's better than Spider-Man 2

Oh, I thought you were saying there were people on that site actually reacting. I’ve seen a lot of the social media reactions. I told myself I wouldn’t get too hyped, but the reactions have made that more difficult..

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Well see how it goes. Holland has already done 5 movies for the mcu. Civil war, avengers IW and EG, along with 2 solo films. Think his contract was 6 films. Plus there’s the whole Sony and Marvel agreement to work out.

Given the timeline for the next several movies, I would guess Spidey 3 for MCU comes out in 2022. Think they will age up Spidey into a college kid for the third one. Who knows though.

But really not sure if Holland is going to be around for another Avengers movie. Talking about 4-5 years before another one of those.

I wasn’t a fan of Homecoming but I guess it’s because the character was a bit different from what I expected. But, I get the mcu trying to make jimmy different than what Sony did. Can appreciate now why Tony has basically replaced Uncle Ben as his motivation for continuing to be a hero.

That’s kinda crazy. Will be 5 movies in 3 or 4 years. Hopefully he stays on for a long time. I feel like he’s one of the best in the new wave of Avengers.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oh, I thought you were saying there were people on that site actually reacting. I’ve seen a lot of the social media reactions. I told myself I wouldn’t get too hyped, but the reactions have made that more difficult..

Well one poster at SHH forums has seen it and he hinted at the post credit scene that "Raimi fans will be happy".

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
People have been discussing this issue a lot, but one common "complaint" I've seen from people is how this pulls Spider-Man out of his classic New York scene.

I figured some people wouldn't like that aspect of it... as well as the MCU version of Spider-Man, who is more in-tune with technology than maybe the "classic" Spider-Man.

I understand that perspective, but at the same time.... isn't it refreshing that we're going to get a new take on Spider-Man?

This seems like a classic "you can't please everyone" moment. If you keep with the classic Spider-Man, you're going to get people complaining that we've already seen this stuff before. But the moment you do something new with him, you'll have people complaining that this isn't the classic Spider-Man. Excuse my rant there, but it's a huge annoyance I have when it comes to movies.

Anyway, got my tickets for next Tuesday. Can't wait to see it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad