GDT: Spend Some Time with the Wee Baby Seamus: Your New Jersey Devils (2-0) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (0-1), 7 PM, MSG

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our best players did not show up tonight. Jack needs to be better, Dougie needs to be better. Nemec, Mercer, Dillon, Siegenthaler, Nico, none of them showed up tonight.

That said, I am far more concerned about Markstrom than I am about any of the skaters, at least so far.
I'm gonna be concerned about whoever the goalie is for us as long as Rogalski is allowed to stay in power.

That was an epic SNAFU by Fitz and whoever else decided to give all things goaltending a facelift but the goalie coaching position.

Reactions: nugg

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Wouldn't be a Devils L without the panic! f*** it, I'm joining in.

We might never win again.
Jack sucks.
Nico is horribad.
Dougie is a bum.
Trade Palat.
Should've drafted Cooley.
Top 5 pick come on down.

Peter Panic GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Couldn't even muster a morale victory. It's the home opener and you give the crowd literally nothing.
I don't understand this stuff. Why does it matter so much? It's one freaking game. We lost the home opener 2 years ago to the freaking Red Wings by a wider margin than tonight and it didn't mean crap.

If they play like this 25 games into the season we should all be concerned. It's 3 games in the season against a good team after 1 week without a game, after a fantastic Prague trip might I add.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Maybe this was a hangover after the trip.

Maybe this was the boys reading their press clippings after handling Buffalo.

Maybe this was just a struggle against a very good team that defended well.

We should get the answers to that on Saturday. But to me this just felt like a team whose heart wasn’t in it tonight for some odd reason. Effort and execution just wasn’t there.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Kovacevic might legitimately be the best player through the first 3 games. He's basically the only guy that has really been good in all 3 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad