Speculation: Sorry to be the one to ask, but what do the Blue Jackets do?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
We can get over the cap floor without crippling ourselves with a massive cap hit as our young team all needs new contracts over the next 6 years. I'm good on Huberdeau.

Plus Huberdeau's contract has still seven years left on it. It's an eternity.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Plus Huberdeau's contract has still seven years left on it. It's an eternity.
Exactly why I said 6 years. We have a ton of young kids on or about to be on bridges, someone like Fantilli will have to go through a bridge and a long term deal, we have a lot of kids on ELCs or bridges that all need new deals over the next few years.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I could be ok with Marner...but no to Huberdeau...if a deal comes along, great, if not I am seeing a lot of Cleveland kids playing the right way during preseason

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
We can get over the cap floor without crippling ourselves with a massive cap hit as our young team all needs new contracts over the next 6 years. I'm good on Huberdeau.

I agree completely.

The premise was not that they should take Huberdeau to get over the cap floor. You are right, that would be ridiculous. Teams don't operate that way. They would take a contract like Backstrom (if he is insured) that has almost no real money owed.

It was a suggestion that they would acquire him because they want him (in the context of the scenario, getting him for free and CGY taking back money).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad