Speculation: Sorry to be the one to ask, but what do the Blue Jackets do?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bond

May 10, 2012
Is Columbus trying to compete or ride out another bad season? They could make an early deadline type trade if they want to try and be good.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Is Columbus trying to compete or ride out another bad season? They could make an early deadline type trade if they want to try and be good.
Before the incident Waddell said he wanted to compete, so who knows. There are a lot of kids on the roster who could be on the verge of popping off. It's a delicate balance, you don't wanna overload the roster and block the kids off... But if they aren't ready you wanna have some veteran pieces to insolate them but aren't long term roadblocks on the kids development.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
The plan even prior to the death of Johnny Guadreau was to add a veteran and that was JVR.

Just speculating but I am assuming he wants the Team to take a step and not have all the pressure on guys like Fantilli to be the leading scorer. Because the 2 leading scorers are Marchenko and Jenner, both only 20 goal scorers that were on Johnny's line. Obviously there is no replacing Johnny but maybe they can spread it out by committee.

That makes teams like Seattle, Vegas and etc. with possible trades.

Again this is speculation, because GMDW hasn't shared anything other than he is searching for another forward.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I don't know anything about Seattle's situation or if this is even feasible, but I would love to right that wrong. We miss Olly bad.

From PuckPedia:

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 12.59.59 PM.png

They only have $4k in cap space and 21 players on the roster. So a thought and he isn't playing in their top 6.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
They can trade to get to cap limit. 2 for one bigger contract my guess along with possibly pick(s) depending on who. If want to play it conservative might able to find free agent who put them over cap but might be wise to not be long term but 1-2 year contract and still have to send at least one player down to AHL team. Tough situation for them going forward with what has happened.

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Isnt the signing bonus still on the teams overall cap hit? That was paid earlier in the summer, so I'm not sure why that would be removed.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Wonder if Bjorkstrand might be a target? Very good forchecker, 20 goal scorer and came up through the CBJ org?????
makes no sense to move a guy who's still under contract for a few more years instead of someone who's on an expiring one just to replace his roster spot with bottom of the forward depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad