Sooooo Are the Predators bad?

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
What’s Brunette’s system?

Here's a few links below that help.

So far, Brunette's coaching style has led to some success in Nashville, which he says is a product of the coaches he has had over the years.

There's Lemaire's defensive structure and discipline, Quenneville's high-pressure offensive attack and Trotz's fierce competitive drive on and off the ice.

"Sometimes I hear [Jacques] in my head saying, 'Slow it down, slow it down,' " Brunette said. "But it's all three, really. A sum of all the parts."

In Brunette's first year in Nashville, he took a team with little playoff hopes to the first round against Vancouver. The Predators lost in six games, but the group's determination and togetherness stuck with him. Reminded him of when he played.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No team has ever made the playoffs starting 0-5 sooo not looking great for them.

Nor my bold SCF prediction for them

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Preds are cursed. They're too good at drafting/developing D and goalies to ever truly be bad enough to finally fix their offensive issues. Every time they go free agent or trade hunting for help up front they strike out, outside of the miracle Forsberg trade that they likely just fluked into.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Crazy to think about a team with legit playoff aspirations being 10pts back from 3rd in the division, only 5 games into the season

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Both Stamkos and Marchessault are going to take a lot longer to adjust than I think a lot of people realize. They've more or less played for the same team, within the same season for over half a decade. In Stammer's case, literally his whole career. There's going to be some growing pains.

Nashville is probably more a later surge team instead of an early dominate one. Might have overrated them a little myself putting them second in the division though.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Doesn't look like they've figured it out yet, They probably aren't this bad. All the experts had them ahead of the Canucks

Stamkos is looking like post buyout Lecaveleir.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Doesn't look like they've figured it out yet, They probably aren't this bad. All the experts had them ahead of the Canucks

Stamkos is looking like post buyout Lecaveleir.
We got the win and right now that's the main thing. It's not going to get much better until Brunette stops making dumb roster decisions.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Both Stamkos and Marchessault are going to take a lot longer to adjust than I think a lot of people realize. They've more or less played for the same team, within the same season for over half a decade. In Stammer's case, literally his whole career. There's going to be some growing pains.

Nashville is probably more a later surge team instead of an early dominate one. Might have overrated them a little myself putting them second in the division though.
Also think there's a distinct possibility that one or both of them just don't adjust. We can drag Tampa and Vegas for their lack of "loyalty" or whatever but those teams aren't stupid. If they're moving on from players there's often a reason.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Brunette is not good at coaching. He's not bad. He's just not good.
When the Wild had both Walz and Brunette, I thought Brunette would have been the natural media personality, because he's funny and bright, and Walz would be thew good coach, because of his work ethic and selfless play.
Ends up Walz is a bad commentator, and Bruno is a bad coach.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This thread aged like milk. The Preds are now officially on a winning streak after coming from behind to defeat the mighty Chicago Blackhawks. :sarcasm:

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Also think there's a distinct possibility that one or both of them just don't adjust. We can drag Tampa and Vegas for their lack of "loyalty" or whatever but those teams aren't stupid. If they're moving on from players there's often a reason.

Seems like the Preds are just having some predictable trouble getting all the new faces to find some chemistry, which takes months to develop. They'll probably look a lot better in January than now.

Vegas would have been quite happy to have Marchessault back ..... up to a certain price-point. He's still got a few more good years in him. But, yeah, if a player isn't working out for whatever reason, McCrimmon will dump them faster than last week's tuna salad. This off-season, McCrimmon's problem was that too many of the UFAs were overpriced because of their Cup pedigree (Marchy, Carrier, Amadio) and he had to choose between overpaying them (according to his metrics) or letting them walk, and he let them all walk. Nothing wrong with them other than their being overpriced from his perspective.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad