Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
HOW CAN THIS MF BE THE NEXT STAR IN MEDIA???? HE IS SOOO STUPID ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY ANYMORE!

It has little to do with writing talent or original insight in the modern media environment. To survive as a writer today, you need to be willing to produce a lot of content for cheap/free and play the social media game religiously—as in, tweet basic, high-engagement bullshit 24/7 to build a personal brand.

Publications need ad revenue, to get that they need clicks, so they're looking for people who have already displayed that dedication and established a decent following that they can leverage. Hence, the burgeoning voices in sports media often aren't the people who write the best pieces, or ask the best questions, or bring the best knowledge. The work hardly ever speaks for itself anymore. It's all about most, not best.

On one hand, I both understand and respect it. To get there takes a lot of intent and hustle and all that feel-good shit. A lot of these folks have learned to play a new game well. Good for all the Anthonys out there.

On the other hand, I'm a noxious competive prick who was a f***ing elite 1C writing prospect, but I spent my early career wistfully drinking rather than tweeting out a bunch of clickbait screeds I wrote for free, so I'm bitter and hate all their guts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can’t be all that bad.

We should have him on our podcast.

Nah. Death penalty.

Also, I looked for one of his braindead Sanheim hot takes as an example but was surprised to see he has 3 total tweets about him… ever.

Until I realized that the idiot doesn’t know how to spell his name and every time he talks out of his ass, he’s crying about “Sanhiem” instead.

He’s a perfect example of the absolute worst fan.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

twist-m-night-shamalan.gif

(He's always been a big Frost fan).

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
If the first idiot was talking about Hayes his tweet would actually make sense too.

But no.

Of course not.

Never.
I honestly thought that. One is a guy playing his first full season starting in the NHL. The other, a guy we traded assets for, simply to negotiate with. And negotiated right into an overpay. So you can see my confusion.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I honestly thought that. One is a guy playing his first full season starting in the NHL. The other, a guy we traded assets for, simply to negotiate with. And negotiated right into an overpay. So you can see my confusion.
Our error was not immediately remembering that Twitter is full of braindead assholes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know it's been said numerous times here but if Tage was Flyers property, they would've 100% forced him to play "big" and not to his strengths

He’s probably not even on the roster right now if the Flyers drafted him. :laugh:

Honestly Buffalo hitting another reset with moving on from Eichel, Bennett, etc. probably afforded some more time or maybe he’s not even in Buffalo right now either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad