Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I hope they lose every game. I don't even like this team. I don't like the coach, I don't like half the players, I don't like the front office...why would I root for them, Charles? I haven't watched them since Giroux's last game, and that was the only game that season that I watched

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

And this remains the problem. I dont care as much about a draft pick....but what winning is doing is making management and fans have attitudes like this. They fall in love with guys we should be moving, convince themselves we need them, then start handing out contracts.

Flash forward 2 years and we have the same team we have now and no room or assets to improve.

Until Briere shows an actual comittment to the rebuild...which would be trading guys like TK, Laughton, Walker, Hart, etc...then its more of the same. We will end up being a team of middle 6 forwards and bottom to middle pair dmen

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
And this remains the problem. I dont care as much about a draft pick....but what winning is doing is making management and fans have attitudes like this. They fall in love with guys we should be moving, convince themselves we need them, then start handing out contracts.

Flash forward 2 years and we have the same team we have now and no room or assets to improve.

Until Briere shows an actual comittment to the rebuild...which would be trading guys like TK, Laughton, Walker, Hart, etc...then its more of the same. We will end up being a team of middle 6 forwards and bottom to middle pair dmen
Can't you just enjoy the wins and stop worrying about the long term health of the team? They just beat the pens back to back! Bring on the cup banner

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I don't remember if it is in the Twitter thread you cited or another, but one person commented -- unironically it seemed -- that they have the franchise goaltender and all the middle-6 pieces they need and first-liners on the way so all they need are a 1C and a 1D. Yep, sure, the team is only the two most difficult players to obtain away from being a true Cup contender!

It also belies the strategy of picking up vets to flip at the TDL. If it isn't worth trading Walker for a 2nd or even a late 1st, then neither is giving players like Staal or Seeler regular ice time through the season in exchange for a 3rd or (likely) worse.

Last edited:

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Laughton is one of the guys we should have traded 2 years ago but instead we resigned him.

The organization looks for any scrap of even the slightest reason not to rebuild, nothing has changed.

1000003436.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad