Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
View attachment 766412
PowB.gif

Fits the atmosphere around the franchise. Just laugh and dance about what happens here!

That f***ing rules. Great post.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A once every decade or so caliber prospect potentially breaking records? Dan’s really going out on a limb there. :laugh:

The guys who break records & take home hardware in the NHL generally are a small group of players & are in that 0.01%. You don’t really have many cases in the NHL of having a like merely a good or even very good player taking home a major award like in other leagues.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
If anyone knows talent, it’s Dan Silver.

I was wrong about Myers too. So its ok to be wrong from time to time. But iam not the guy on Twitter showing how huge my imaginary dick is with my fake hockey knowledge. And i dont have had a pillow with Provorov. So yeah he is bad at hockey writing and knowledge:laugh:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He kind of clarified he meant the process that's making them good at 5on5 goals, but yeah. The overall process of rebuilding is not good cause they're not really rebuilding.

They are doing exactly what they did under Hextall. It once again will lead to the most mediocre franchise in the NHL the last 10 years being mediocre for another 10 years..unless there is some dramatic shift in philosophy. A team like Chicago will be a contender again before the Flyers make it to the 2nd round. Makes it really hard to give a shit about this franchise.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
This too has me howling.

Person: *shows numbers showing that the 4th line players and Torts favorites have been playing poorly at the NHL level*
Charlie: You have an agenda and I'm f***ing calling you out, you piece of shit.

Seriously though, Charlie was so unnecessarily defensively and aggressive there.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't know exactly what goes into expected goals, but I can see that after 96 games for the Flyers, Deslauriers has an xGF/60 of 2.01 but a GF/60 of only 1.35. Somehow I don't think his actual GF number is going to suddenly shoot up over the rest of this season.

The biggest positive delta is Farabee with 3.35 GF/60 and 2.75 xGF/60.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Person: *shows numbers showing that the 4th line players and Torts favorites have been playing poorly at the NHL level*
Charlie: You have an agenda and I'm f***ing calling you out, you piece of shit.

Seriously though, Charlie was so unnecessarily defensively and aggressive there.
1700163673649.png

RAPM chart is above from Hathaway and Deslauriers. It attempts to show individual impacts on certain metrics. This is the metric Charlie continued to use to show Cates’ defensive superiority. Red isn’t good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad