Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think Southgate is gone regardless of what happens on Sunday tbh. It's hard to watch sometimes but semi-final, final, quarter-final and final* is the best run of tournament performances in English history and is up there for one of the best four-tournament runs by anyone. It's a shame we've not won anything yet though, and (let's be honest) aren't likely to here either. Spain are too good.

I don't live there so this is all just second hand, but it feels like from everything I've read, that while the media have maybe soured on him some, the football folks haven't yet. Maybe that changes if they lose, but well see.

As you said, it's a great set of finishes, the problem is the football itself is just unwatchable.

Reactions: Appleyard

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I don't live there so this is all just second hand, but it feels like from everything I've read, that while the media have maybe soured on him some, the football folks haven't yet. Maybe that changes if they lose, but well see.

As you said, it's a great set of finishes, the problem is the football itself is just unwatchable.
They love him for some reason. His managerial career does not match his employment record

Took the job at home club Middlesbrough, a premier league staple, and got them relegated in 2-3 seasons.

Out of footy for 4 years.

Gets job on English u-21 and is terrible
Gets promoted to national team coach.

There is no other manager that I can think of that has had that support.,... except maybe the previous US coach lol

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Screenshot_20240712_055320_Chrome.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Kane has barely seen the ball so far. I really think starting with Watkins would have been better. The Spanish center backs know Kane can’t get behind them.

Just got a yellow

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ok, so I know nothing whatsoever except that Kane is a recognizable name. Is his positioning terrible when they have possession nearish the Spanish goal or is this just simply me knowing nothing about the game and it's good defense? I fully accept that if so.

• Wow
Reactions: BigToe

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Ok, so I know nothing whatsoever except that Kane is a recognizable name. Is his positioning terrible when they have possession nearish the Spanish goal or is this just simply me knowing nothing about the game and it's good defense? I fully accept that if so.
well..it is Kane...

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Are you talking about him staying forward?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

You can ignore absolutely anything that may seem odd when a player is playing for a Southgate managed team.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Are you talking about him staying forward?

No, he doesn't seem to create any passing windows for anyone. It's like a WR getting smothered in a zone. Can't find the hole to sit and won't (physically can't?) make bursts to create them.

well..it is Kane...

I have no idea what this means. :)

I don't follow the sport. Speak to me like I'm Striiker.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
No, he doesn't seem to create any passing windows for anyone. It's like a WR getting smothered in a zone. Can't find the hole to sit and won't (physically can't?) make bursts to create them.

I have no idea what this means. :)

I don't follow the sport. Speak to me like I'm Striiker.
any time i ever seem him in a big game..he, to me, tends to be invisible

he's..ya know..Devin White lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad