Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
No, he doesn't seem to create any passing windows for anyone. It's like a WR getting smothered in a zone. Can't find the hole to sit and won't (physically can't?) make bursts to create them.

I have no idea what this means. :)

I don't follow the sport. Speak to me like I'm Striiker.
It means he played too many years in a Farmer’s league and is from that same country that hosts that farmer’s league.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
No, he doesn't seem to create any passing windows for anyone. It's like a WR getting smothered in a zone. Can't find the hole to sit and won't (physically can't?) make bursts to create them.
I haven’t been paying much attention to it so idk. There’s usually a good amount of guys that break these big games down after they’re over that might touch on it.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA

I have no idea what this means. :)

I don't follow the sport. Speak to me like I'm Striiker.

Age and multiple injuries have caught up to him going back to his last year or two with Spurs. Part of the "issue" again going back to his time with Tottenham is that he's so great with his passing that he tends to drop deeper in order to get onto the ball and influence the game. This plus being a little older and slower is a combination now where (IMO) he works best with a strike partner and/or multiple other players who want to make runs into the box.

Before his injuries he was more willing/able to just run around and press.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This is Kane's knock, really. He's not a fast/agile target as a central striker. But he is smart enough to find gaps and doesn't need a lot of time to turn what looks to be nothing into a goal or goal scoring opportunity/rebound.

I don't know if it's a chemistry thing, but he seemingly links up better with his support in his club teams (Spurs then Bayern) than with England recently.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This is Kane's knock, really. He's not a fast/agile target as a central striker. But he is smart enough to find gaps and doesn't need a lot of time to turn what looks to be nothing into a goal or goal scoring opportunity/rebound.

I don't know if it's a chemistry thing, but he seemingly links up better with his support in his club teams (Spurs then Bayern) than with England recently.
It's tough for a striker like Kane to be effective if his team doesn't have the ball.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Landon Donovan is beyond awful.
Disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad