Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
f*** off :laugh:.

Though to be fair, England has a squad that can win the Euros and World Cup. Maybe Jurgen takes that job. Id love for Southgate to go to United as rumored before when ETH gets sacked.
If Southgate became united manager, half the fanbase would have torched Old Trafford to the ground. I would have joined them.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Doesn't Southgate's contract end this year? I'm sure he'll be gone after this tournament no matter what. The'll probably give him the opportunity to take the high road and step down rather than sack him. He's been a good soldier for the FA off the field.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I really thought this game would be more competitive. Can never count out Italy, but they really only ever attack if they really have to. Painful to watch sometimes.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I bet 10EUR on England under1.5 vs Slovenia and sure thing I am doing it again for tomorrow's matchup vs Slovakia. They look incredibly dull, it would be painful to watch for any national team, but with their starpower? Southgate is a criminal.

They are commenting all about getting in the weaker side of the knock-out ''tree'', but how about advancing vs Slovakia first, haha. I do no think it will come easy for them at all.

Edit: Italy did not look convincing during group stage, but holy s***

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Germany had a similar opening 15 minutes to the Scotland game, but came away with nothing and that allowed Denmark to settle in.

Germany's depth off the bench probably saves them in this one, but the Danes aren't going quietly into the stormy night.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Denmark on the board!

Or not. Offside.

Hero to zero for Andersen. Offside cancels his goal and he gives a penalty to Germany moments later, which Havertz converts.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Danes fought well. Spain will be a much bigger challenge though.

Also, this game was a perfect example why Kimmich is a full-back, not a midfielder. He was fantastic. If he can get it into his head that that's his position, then he can play for any team.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Oh boy, these England fans are going to have a great day again if they lose this.
Watching their team get knocked out be Slovakia of all teams and then being stuck for hours in the horrible public transport in Gelsenkirchen again. And they actually paid good money for that.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hopefully this is enough to get him sacked. Embarrassing that your first and only sub is in the 66th minute because of Injury.

Predictable team is predictable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad