So who will back up Woll?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Or whatever you want to call his partner. I think they need cheap solutions which means risk involved if JW goes down. My picks are Stolarz, Driedger or Brossoit. I have always like Brossoit but he has never played more than 24 games in the NHL. Stolarz similarly has no years as a #1 in the NHL , but he was impressive a couple of years ago on a pretty weak Ducks team. I think Driedger got a raw deal because they were not great defensively in year 1 but Grubauer was too expensive to demote.

Who do you think they are considering and do they maybe have the money for a real 1a without moving major salary out?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
saviour.jpg

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
people talk about Stolarz and Broissott like there sure fire quality goalies and if that's the case some team will go 4-5 million a season on them. we not now going to sign one of those guys to any long term deal. but if there not and are in 2-3 million range why would we sign someone in that range when a league min guy really has a very similar chance to have a solid season imo. too me we wait till late July or early August and sign a couple vets on league min deals or even pick up someone off waivers between camp and regular season.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I remember the days when you didn't have to hold your breath at any floater from anywhere in the zone going towards the net. Good times man. Maybe one day again

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Woll is to injury prone Wallstedt should be Torontos goalie moving forward.Trade Woll and Knies and Liljegren for Wallstedt and Brodin then sign Jones and Brossoit

Brossoit
Wallstedt
Jones
Hildeby

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
A Cane toad, what they cant catch aint worth catching... or something. Or a "Tyrannus savana" the fork tailed flycatcher. They are fast.

Way better then a "Samsonitis Ilyatis" the cockeyed skywatcher .

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Since I believe it’s a throw away year. I would resign Jones and play Woll, Jones and give Hildeby a run too.

Focus on centres and Dman in FA.
Why a throw away year?
I strongly disagree.

What has changed in your opinion from last year to this?
If our goaltenders have a save % that starts with a .9 we will be cruising.

Samsonov was 23-7 with a garbage .890

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Brossoit/Stolarz/Talbot seem like decent choices.

Talbot has experience handling more regular season games. I still think Stolarz has some potential to be more.

Larry Brosswah is the rumour. Don't know that it matters. Hope Woll can play 60 and stay healthy.

I think the era of goalies playing 60 is coming to a close.

Reactions: wingman75

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think they need to give Woll one more crack to see if he can be a legit #1 before spending too much on goaltending. If it works then that’s off the list.If it doesn’t work then address it next year.

They have other pressing needs that they can’t fix internally and should focus on those first.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad