Pre-Game Talk: So We Meet Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Giroux seems to be a thing now, keep it together

4th line would be nice to have Lomberg-Luostarinen-Hornqvist

Middle 6 will be a little more interesting, probably Huberdeau-Bennett together on the 2nd but who will compliment them? Same with Marchment-Lundell on the 3rd. Do they keep Reinhart on the 3rd and try Duclair back on the 2nd to start? If duke isn’t working still, slide Reinhart up and Acciari on the 3rd? Mamin with his speed, skill, and size will also make a case.

D I think we have figured out now. Let’s just hope ek and chiarot are ok and just need a couple days

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Kucherov is playing extremely hurt. There's little to no chance Point will play/be a factor. I'm already on cloud 9 but why not us at this point?
Problem with Kucherov is he doesn’t even have to move to tear us up. We give him all the time in the world from his office

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Problem with Kucherov is he doesn’t even have to move to tear us up. We give him all the time in the world from his office
It's fair but compared to the a that was very close last year, Tampa lost their 3rd line and is (likely?) without Point, Florida added Giroux and has Ekblad back, I am feeling cautiously optimistic. It's hard to have watched that Leafs series and come away with the opinion that Tampa was the better team at any rate, Leafs lost because the Leafs are the Leafs.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
giphy.gif

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Honestly brings me great joy that the Lightning took out the Leafs in seven in heartbreaking fashion (for them). f*** Toronto, f*** their fans and f*** their media. I hate everything about that organization and hope they never succeed.

Would much rather see the battle of Florida in round two anyway, rather than watching us against the always overhyped media circus clownshow franchise north of the border.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
It's fair but compared to the a that was very close last year, Tampa lost their 3rd line and is (likely?) without Point, Florida added Giroux and has Ekblad back, I am feeling cautiously optimistic. It's hard to have watched that Leafs series and come away with the opinion that Tampa was the better team at any rate, Leafs lost because the Leafs are the Leafs.
We didnt have Reinhart or Lundell either.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Man, I feel bad for Leafs fans...

But goddamn am I excited for The Battle of Florida round 2! After waiting our entire existence for a series with Tampa, we get a second one just a year later? With Ekblad? With Reinart, Giroux, Chairot and more??? **** this is going to be some GOOD hockey!

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I'm cautiously optimistic too. Biggest concern for me is getting Vasi'd a couple times. I actually expect some improvement on the PK compared to what we saw last year because in round 1 we actually did make adjustments to the PK. We were very aggressive on Ovi and I think we will/should do the same to Kucherov. It didn't work on WSH because Oshie just kept tipping it in but Tampa doesn't use that as much. I think if we limit Kucherov's time we can keep their PP under 30% - especially if Point isn't there to help quickly capitalize on the extra space

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Hopefully the boys are hungry, removing guys like Yandle and Stralman on D and adding chiarot and Ekblad back, better goaltending, swapping wennberg for Lundell, adding giroux and Reinhart. If point is out and kucherov is not 100%, I’ll also be cautiously optimistic. I’ll believe tampa can lose a series when I actually see it happen

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

Tampa saw what worked for Washington. They’ll play a similar game. Slow it down and rely on special teams. We’ll still have the better at 5v5. Have to capitalize on those chances.

Biggest key will be playing smart in two ways: 1. Obviously stay out of the box. 2. Don’t take yourself out of position for hits

Just play our game and try anything different on the special teams

he's only referring to the second half of the third period.

TBL doesn't play a 1-3-1 or 1-1-3 unless they have a lead late.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
he's only referring to the second half of the third period.

TBL doesn't play a 1-3-1 or 1-1-3 unless they have a lead late.
Yeah I'm moreso just wondering if they'll use it more in neutral game states/earlier in games in our series since they saw Washington slow us down pretty well with it. But we've seen them lock games down with leads before. Can't fall behind by too many in this series. The comebacks won't be as successful against them

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think we can take Tampa. We have the energy advantage (Tampa has played a ton, A TON of hockey the last few years) and we had a chance to rest while they played a grinding and exhausting game 7 with Toronto. They're banged up. Meanwhile, we have a much better roster compared to the last time we met (Reinhart, Chiarot, Giroux, Lundell)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think we can take Tampa. We have the energy advantage (Tampa has played a ton, A TON of hockey the last few years) and we had a chance to rest while they played a grinding and exhausting game 7 with Toronto. They're banged up. Meanwhile, we have a much better roster compared to the last time we met (Reinhart, Chiarot, Giroux, Lundell)
True; but I always worry about “should win” paper analyses. Because hockey.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I honestly think we grew up in the Cap series and overcame obstacles. We walk in now confident and determined and having home ice is a blessing. Panthers take out the lightning in 6.

I think it'll go to 7 but the Panthers will proceed to the next round. Bring on the Lomberg Show.

Reactions: Vilam

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think this is gonna be our toughest series.

If we manage to pull this out, I think we can carry this momentum all the way. If we don't, then there's no shame in losing to Tampa, we'll have done what we came to do in these playoffs.

It's a win/win.

The 3rd and final rounds will be more about skill game but this next one will concentrate on who can work the refs, chirp the best, inflict more pain via cheap shots and borderline dirty hits, etc. It's gon' be fun. Jumbo vs. Perry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad