Slumping Habs lose the lead again and the game 3-2

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
that Pateryn turnover and that Subban delay of game just my brain is bleeding

do we have any more rookies that can score?

Patchioretty going full invisible mode

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Yes! I have that kind of power.

Lynch-mob.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
When the line change was announced (Max & Alex), most analysts (on the french side maybe) were hoping that they would have the time to adjust together and not just get 2-3 games and that's it. That was before people started talking slumping.

I still think they should work together.

I do too but not now...
Patch is not playing inspired hockey at all and AG has to graduate to 2nd line minutes before he ultimately gets to 1st. Hopefully MT can come to this same conclusion sooner than later.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I kinda want to see Hudon play with them but I might be the only one

He would be my first choice to play alongside Max and Plekanec if he could play on the right wing. Since he doesn't have experience playing on that wing--as far as I know--I wouldn't wan't a rookie left winger/center having to adjust to a new position while simultaneously adjusting to the NHL level.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Happy for Hudon 1st points in the NHL:handclap:

As for Michel Therrien.
Destroyed every lines that was working and now nothing is working.
Seems so easy to me and a lot of people

Pacioretty - Plekanec - XXXXXXX

Two PPG players before MT split them up. There's a whole there. Try every possibility from there.
There's DSP who scored 2 goals in one game with them. When he get back...
There's also Fleischmann who's got 2-way skills
There's Weise who's doing the same job that Gallagher is doing
There's Byron who got speed/2-way skills/Some chemistry with Plek

Eller - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto

They were really good together before Therrien broke them off, but this time PLAY THEM AS 2ND LINE. More ice-time, not the 13-14 minutes but the 16-17 minutes.

Start with that.
That was working

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
True.

Pateryn and Emelin's mistakes do not explain why this team has only scored 7 goals in their last 4 games.

Carey Price and Brendan Gallagher not being in the line up means less offensive hockey. They can cheat less on the offense without Price and Gallagher's spark is not there. So this means tighter hockey where you need to do less mistakes and allow less goals in order to win.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
For the few people saying play Tinordi next game. He hasn't played an NHL game this season yet so when he makes his first mistake you'll be saying sit this bum he's terrible. :nod:

MT isn't worried. He'll fix things since he had a 110 point season last year and it was all because of his coaching.. :)

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
loved seeing Ghetto troll Hudon that to me was the best moment of the game - Hudon probably would have gotten that loose puck from his shot if Ghetto hadnt pounced

Coby

Oct 30, 2015
England
Argh, got woken up by my drunken neighbours and tuned in to the radio to hear us go up 2-1, only for it to shortly go downhill...back to try and sleep!

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Carey Price and Brendan Gallagher not being in the line up means less offensive hockey. They can cheat less on the offense without Price and Gallagher's spark is not there. So this means tighter hockey where you need to do less mistakes and allow less goals in order to win.

Yes sure but this team only has 4 top-6 forwards and one of them is out for a minimum of 6 weeks. I agree that having Price helps a lot but I repeat myself, we need help to create more offense, Price or not.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Just go back to the old lines and leave them til players get healthy and filter them in accordingly.

Please.

Get some stability back in the lineup.

MB get that phone working. The need for a top 6 fwd is clear

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Yes sure but this team only has 4 top-6 forwards and one of them is out for a minimum of 6 weeks. I agree that having Price helps a lot but I repeat myself, we need help to create more offense, Price or not.

Oh I agree 100% here. That Semin gamble is biting. We needed an established top-6 forward this summer, not a gamble on a washed up player. Not sure that can be added now, gonna have to wait until the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad