2024 NHL Draft Thread (CBJ to pick 4th)

Predict CBJ's draft position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Seeing a CBJ jersey #45 making moves would be strangely odd but fun to see. Has anyone since Lumbering Jody worn the number?

I am trying not to pick one guy because there are quite a few guys I would be very happy with but have definitely been warming to the idea of Sennecke.
How dare you forget about the legend of Lukas Sedlak.

GoChill

Apr 19, 2007
"That's 2024 World Championship gold medalist Lukáš Sedlák to you!"

You beat me to it

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Him being taller has definitely put him higher on my list than initially
From EP Ringside -

Ivan Demidov happily "shocks" NHL teams as he meets with them for first time

Sean Shapiro

Here are some of the things I learned about Demidov.

• He speaks English well, he’s worked hard with an English translator all season and we chatted without a translator. There were a couple words he asked for clarification on, but aside from that it was fully English conversation.
  • This surprised some teams, who had brought Russian-speaking scouts with them to connect with Demidov.
  • He’s not a small player, I didn’t have a tape measure, but I’m 5-foot-10 and he was probably two inches taller than me.
  • He has one year left on his contract with SKA St. Petersburg, according to Milstein there is no plan for Demidov to sign an extension in the KHL and he will be coming to North America at the completion of the 2024-25 KHL season.
As for the injured ankle, Demidov says he’s been rehabbing it here in Florida since June 1 and should be ready to skate in about two weeks, potentially in time for development camp for whichever team drafts him.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
From EP Ringside -

Ivan Demidov happily "shocks" NHL teams as he meets with them for first time

Sean Shapiro

Here are some of the things I learned about Demidov.

• He speaks English well, he’s worked hard with an English translator all season and we chatted without a translator. There were a couple words he asked for clarification on, but aside from that it was fully English conversation.
  • This surprised some teams, who had brought Russian-speaking scouts with them to connect with Demidov.
  • He’s not a small player, I didn’t have a tape measure, but I’m 5-foot-10 and he was probably two inches taller than me.
  • He has one year left on his contract with SKA St. Petersburg, according to Milstein there is no plan for Demidov to sign an extension in the KHL and he will be coming to North America at the completion of the 2024-25 KHL season.
Definitely rises for me on my list with all of this

Reactions: Youngguns80

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
He's always been the top of my personal list (which is basically a big group of "I am totally fine with this being the pick with slight preference to this forward and this defenseman" and a big group of "I do not care for this player as the pick, no differentiation between at all or simply at 4OA") but it seemed unlikely both Chicago and Anaheim would pass on him so like with Bedard and Fantilli last year I simply ignored him while doing my research. I still don't think Anaheim passes on him; they need RW too much and they can always move Zegras for an established RHD rather than waiting on a prospect.

My "don't bother paying attention to them, not going to make it to us" list: Celebrini, Levshunov
My "Totally fine with this player" list in no particular order: Demidov, Silayev, Sennecke, Iginla, Buium, Lindstrom
My "Not at all/Not at 4OA" list in no particular order: Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Catton, Helenius

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
He's always been the top of my personal list (which is basically a big group of "I am totally fine with this being the pick with slight preference to this forward and this defenseman" and a big group of "I do not care for this player as the pick, no differentiation between at all or simply at 4OA") but it seemed unlikely both Chicago and Anaheim would pass on him so like with Bedard and Fantilli last year I simply ignored him while doing my research. I still don't think Anaheim passes on him; they need RW too much and they can always move Zegras for an established RHD rather than waiting on a prospect.

My "don't bother paying attention to them, not going to make it to us" list: Celebrini, Levshunov
My "Totally fine with this player" list in no particular order: Demidov, Silayev, Sennecke, Iginla, Buium, Lindstrom
My "Not at all/Not at 4OA" list in no particular order: Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Catton, Helenius
I strongly endorse this thought process. I have a long list of guys I am totally fine if the team is really sold on the player which would also include Dickinson, Parekh, Catton and Helenius. While I am fine with Iginla, he just seems like a reach at #4OA and Lindstrom's back issue is going to always make me nervous ala Ryan Murray (there will be too many other really great prospects at #4OA to have to take a chance on the guy who might have a questionable back).

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
My thoughts exactly
Which is sad for me. When we first started talking about players in the draft I said I don't necessarily have a list of players I want but I have a list of players I would be disappointed if our front office did not have an opportunity to consider at our pick. That one guy I specified was Demidov.

If Waddell and the scouts decide against him that's fine but I want them to at least have the chance to consider him at #4OA.

Last edited:

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Which is sad for me. When we first started talking about players in the draft I said I don't necessarily have a list o players I want but I have a list of players I would be disappointed if our front office did not have an opportunity to consider at our pick. That one guy I specified ws Demidov.

If Waddell and the scouts decide against him that's fine but I want them to at least have the chance to consider him at #4OA.
Funnily enough, I'm the other way around. I'd rather see him not be available to them than see them pass on him. Even though I would be fine with them taking Lindstrom instead.

Reactions: GoJackets1

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Which is sad for me. When we first started talking about players in the draft I said I don't necessarily have a list o players I want but I have a list of players I would be disappointed if our front office did not have an opportunity to consider at our pick. That one guy I specified ws Demidov.

I'm honestly fine with any of Demidov/Sennecke/Lindstrom. For my own sanity I'm trying not to get attached to any one kid lol

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
With all this hype around Demidov again, I'm not sure what to do with myself... :D

Will certainly be interesting because the debate has been Demidov or Levshunov to Chicago with the recent lean being Levshenov. If Chicago goes Demidov, that might push Levshenov to Anaheim and at least gives CBJ the option to draft Lindstrom. I'm a Levshenov fan as well so I'd be fine with him being the choice but my preference is really pushing the center position. He'd have to develop and will take a little time but just the idea of adding Lindstom still has me drooling at the center position and depth CBJ could be rolling in the next 2-4 years. With or without Voronkov as a center....

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
  • cbjthrowaway approved draft picks
    • sennecke
    • lindstrom
    • demidov
  • would also be happy with
    • helenius
    • buium
  • not currently stanning, but will immediately change my tune if picked
    • catton
    • parekh
    • iginla
  • uh oh i gotta go delete some posts if this guy is the pick
    • silayev
    • dickinson
    • yakemchuk
If we were picking in the 5-10 range I'd be okay with Silayev. Yes I know he isn't likely to produce much offensively, but a 6'7 defender that can lock down an entire zone and can keep up and skate with anyone on the ice would be EXTREMELY valuable in the playoffs.

A 6'7 version of Gavrikov that can skate? Sign me up. Granted, I'm sure Larionov is hyping him up a bit but he has nothing but praise for him and called him his best D during the playoffs.

Seems like he's very mature for his age, kinda reminds of Murray in the sense that part of the appeal is that he might be able to play in the NHL day 1 and not look out of place. Yeah he might not ever be your #1 guy, but we wouldn't need him to be. Gavrikov was the absolute perfect 3 that could jump up and play higher as needed.

Larionov told him to study Lidstrom

Not that we're going to draft him but he's my prospect I'll be keeping my eyes on over the next 5 years for sure

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4