Slumping Habs lose the lead again and the game 3-2

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Don't coaches usually play down when team is free falling rather than point fingers?

Still don't get why MT puts two righties on same pairing when his system relies on the defense ringing the puck along the boards anything time there's pressure. Beaulieu on same play would be on his forehand, Pateryn had to try to clear on backhand.

Yeah I agree, I don't know what's up with that pairing. People on l'anti-chambre are speculating that Beaulieu was bad yesterday vs the Bs, so MT took him out in favor of Pateryn. Pretty bad decision imho.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Is pacioretty sulking? Was decent with pleks, then for a game with DD he is skating hard , shooting, then line change to Galchenyuk and he is a ghost again.

One thing to be a streaky scorer, the other to show very little energy or urgency

Pacioretty and Plekanec were PPG players before all this lines shuffling. But I won't lie, I was happy to see Galchenyuk finally get the chance to play with at least one top6 forward.

On the other hand and as a captain, if you can't help your team winning by scoring goals, can you at least play with your heart and start hitting. We're getting outhit game after game. As far as I know, hitting is still allowed.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Subban with 1 goal in 30 games. wow. Saturday night against Ottawa for the first time, who's the better defenseman might be settled. Karlsson. Come on PK.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Don't coaches usually play down when team is free falling rather than point fingers?

Still don't get why MT puts two righties on same pairing when his system relies on the defense ringing the puck along the boards anything time there's pressure. Beaulieu on same play would be on his forehand, Pateryn had to try to clear on backhand.
He didn't point fingers, he just said we had two very costly events. Penalty on the tying goal and turnover on lead. He's not wrong. He didn't say anything crazy.
Is pacioretty sulking? Was decent with pleks, then for a game with DD he is skating hard , shooting, then line change to Galchenyuk and he is a ghost again.

One thing to be a streaky scorer, the other to show very little energy or urgency

They were playing a clip on TSN690 and Nilan said he's 100% from hearing Patches talk that he doesn't want to play with Galchenyuk.

Personally I think Nilan is lost. We heard the same thing before when he was off DD's line, it's BS. I never bought into Patch is crying cuz he's not playing with his favorite player.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Bibi? Pourquoi??

Netanyahu c'est la pire merde au monde, fait attention si c'est pour sa que t'as utiliser Bibi.

tumblr_mv2z432Kc81qkg8zto1_400.gif

9k=

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Pacioretty had 9(!) and 7(!) shots the two games he played with DD and skated like the wind. Last two games he has 3 and 1 tonight. Needless to say disinterested Pacioretty is back.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Flash and DD are really good together

I understand that. But one of Wiese and Fleishman probably needs to play with Plekanec and Pacioretty, I'd prefer Fleishman on the top line than Wiese. He can rejoin the third-line once Gallagher returns.

But really, it doesn't really matter too much who plays with Pacioretty and Plekanec, so long as they and Galchenyuk's line a kept together.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

I'm completely convinced that Therrien has no clue what he's doing behind the bench.

He can't put together lines. He's constantly playing players out of roles. He is mishandling icetime. He refuses to sit players that deserve to be sat, and sits players that don't. He just rolls the lines on the powerplay (LOL). He doesn't make in game adjustments, and if by some stroke of luck he actually does, he switches things up when it is too late. He's constantly throwing rookies under the bus, blaming them for losses, completely ******** on their confidence. Yet, vets who have been playing like absolute hot moist trash are given a free ride and treated like they can do no wrong. He completely fails at matching lines, even when he has the last change somehow, don't ask me how he manages to do it, but he does.

The guy has Petry, who is a right handed dman, playing the left side, while Emelin, a left handed dman, is playing the right side.... on the same pairing. What. The. ****? That seriously makes no sense. Why even do that?

I seriously can't even handle this guy anymore. Its been 4 years of this same *********. No matter how "changed" he may seem, the one constant with Therrien is that he will always revert back to his old self because that's who he is.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Thanks Des Louise, makes sense now.

I'll try to be positive again...

We'll make the playoffs. We all know that. Its a sports saying that adversity makes teams better, but its true. NE went 16-0 then lost the superbowl. At some point this winter, the injured will be back. But the team will have faced rough times, and will remember it.

It sucks to be going through this right now, but its not the end of the world, and it might make the team better.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I understand that. But one of Wiese and Fleishman probably needs to play with Plekanec and Pacioretty, I'd prefer Fleishman on the top line than Wiese. He can rejoin the third-line once Gallagher returns.

But really, it doesn't really matter too much who plays with Pacioretty and Plekanec, so long as they and Galchenyuk's line a kept together.

I kinda want to see Hudon play with them but I might be the only one

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The context is the game itself, not the few last games. Everyone knew it would take some time for Max & Alex to get use to each other. They still need time and because of this the games are less offensively oriented. It's normal.

The game was lost when Emelin took a boneheaded penalty and when Pateryn looked like an ECHL player. That is all.

Look I know what you are saying but the problems go far deeper than Emelin and Pateryn messing up.
i'm really not sure where you get this everyone knew bit from. If everyone knew that it would take some time why are we doing it when we are mired in slump. In my mind everyone knew it was a bad decision to begin with and it needs to be addressed now. AG has gone from playing his most inspired hockey of the season to rubbish in two fn games...

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Subban with 1 goal in 30 games. wow. Saturday night against Ottawa for the first time, who's the better defenseman might be settled. Karlsson. Come on PK.

He is not used like Karlsson, Ottawa's offense is built for him. Subban is actually getting unlucky, believe it or not he is actually hitting the net more on shot attempts then last year.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Look I know what you are saying but the problems go far deeper than Emelin and Pateryn messing up.
i'm really not sure where you get this everyone knew bit from. If everyone knew that it would take some time why are we doing it when we are mired in slump. In my mind everyone knew it was a bad decision to begin with and it needs to be addressed now. AG has gone from playing his most inspired hockey of the season to rubbish in two fn games...

When the line change was announced (Max & Alex), most analysts (on the french side maybe) were hoping that they would have the time to adjust together and not just get 2-3 games and that's it. That was before people started talking slumping.

I still think they should work together.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
No player they bring up will make the difference no way

They're the only ones scoring lately for the most part. The so called leaders on this team are letting the rest of the guys down with their don't give a **** attitude and invisible play. The leaders need to be leaders right now and they're MIA.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00