Slumping Habs lose the lead again and the game 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Habs were cheating with Price in nets and they got lots of goals out of it. No more Price, no more cheating, the team isn't playing the same in front of Condon or Tokarski and there you go. It's going to take a few more games before they can adjust IMHO. On the positive side, it's better for the team to go through this now than 10 games before the playoffs.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Keep this in mind:

Last year around this time, Habs went 1-7-1. With Price and everyone healthy.

Gotta weather this ****storm.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
1. Ottawa is going to kill us on Saturday.

2. One of Tinordi or Beaulieu will be in on Saturday...

3. Maybe Gallagher is the real captain of the skaters (we all know Price is out of all of them, though).

4. Subban needs to start worrying about his play on the ice and not his brand, or his image or whatever the **** he wants to worry about because he's playing like someone who's overpaid by at least $4m right now.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
lines should be:Pacc-Plek-Carr(Byron)
Eller-Galchy-Andrighetto

Fleischman-DD-Weise
Hudon-Flynn-Byron(Carr)

Or switch Plek for DD.Pacc 1 shot tonight....Pacc and Galchy don't work well together.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Ok, I'll try to be positive...

We've actually played good for pretty much all of these games. We deserved the win vs Washington, Carolina, Boston and we did well tonight. But for some reason there is a lack of finish, that we had all season long, and the goaltending has been sub-par, except tonight, Tokarski did what he had to do.

The thing we call "puck luck", we haven't had any of that for two weeks now. None.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Gallagher should be captain. It's a disgrace the way Max is playing when the team needs him most.

Pacioretty is Michael Ryder plus. Pacioretty never was, never is, and never will be a guy that will take a team on his shoulders.

Especially not after the Chara incident.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Go in the injury thread, the moment he went down I called that this team was completely ****ED and I took a lot of heat for it. We had "depth" they said. We have "AHL talent" they said.

The team went into the playoffs last season with truly horrific depth at RW. Nothing was done at the TD to fix it. In the offseason, nothing was done to address it. I'm sorry, but Kassian and Semin were patchwork moves, more bargain bin garbage because MB doesn't have it in him to take a real gamble.

Go back in the preseason thread, I said neither Kassian nor Semin would stick with this team. It was ****ing obvious.

I get you need to take advantage of low risk moves, but don't make your low risk move your ONLY move. Don't bank on it as your only option.

Don't even get me started on the coach... You want to know why the vets act like they don't give 2 ***** on the ice? It's because they don't. They can't stand the guy they play for and they straight up don't care anymore.

See the Penguins a few years back.

This coach isn't likeable and I don't think he carries himself in a way that is enough to convince people he knows what he's doing. He's full of false confidence.

I hope it's true.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Well, the AHLers are the ones scoring and producing. Not the super vets.

True but for how long? It's common for newbies to start strong. Why can't package some of them with draft picks to get some real needed help. We have the capspace. If nothing is done until next month, this team is out the playoffs. The first ten games was only a mirage. This team needs real pure talent upfront ...

Capitaine Subban*

1. Ottawa is going to kill us on Saturday.

2. One of Tinordi or Beaulieu will be in on Saturday...

3. Maybe Gallagher is the real captain of the skaters (we all know Price is out of all of them, though).

4. Subban needs to start worrying about his play on the ice and not his brand, or his image or whatever the **** he wants to worry about because he's playing like someone who's overpaid by at least $4m right now.

Spot on

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
You would be crucifying Boucher at this moment if he were coach of this team so SUCK it up.

Lol I've been advocating for Therrien's firing for 3 years. I've been playing and watching the game long enough to know a bad coach when I see one.

Boucher>Therrien. All day, everyday, until the end of time. Therrien was an awful coach before the lockout, and he's still an awful coach. There's a reason why despite his, er I mean, Price's good record that everybody, fans, media, and hockey personel alike are very critical of him.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Therrien, how about you **** off, man?

Put the lines back together the way they were, you know, when we were actually winning? AND scoring?

Patch - Plek - <Insert Scrub>
Eller - Chuck - Ghetto
Flash - DD - Weise
<Kid> - Flynn <Kid>

Keep Beaulieu in the ****ing line-up, too. Why take him out when Gilbert and Emelin have both had way worse moments than him this year/these past couple games? Oh yeah, because he's not a "veteran" like the rest of your favorites.

What a joke coach. Seriously, the guy is trash.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This looks like the Habs of last year style wise with the lack of offense and crap PP. Only difference is Price was stealing these games 2-1 last season. The Sens lost tonight so they must be licking their chops knowing they have the injury riddled and fragile Habs next.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Ok, I'll try to be positive...

We've actually played good for pretty much all of these games. We deserved the win vs Washington, Carolina, Boston and we did well tonight. But for some reason there is a lack of finish, that we had all season long, and the goaltending had been sub-par, except tonight, Tokarski did what he had to do.

The thing we call "puck luck", we haven't had any of that for two weeks now. None.

This was MTL worst game of the bunch. Not surprising it was second of two in two.

However tonight they really only were good from about midway thru the second and first half of the third.

Every thing else was fumbling defense and offense

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs essentially missing all 3 of their best Price to injury, Pacioretty/Subban to horrible play.

Fleischmann was a beast this game, Habs need another proven winger.

Any french coaches available that we can get saddled with?

Also loving this elite offense MB has put together over the past what 3 years?

Too many people along for the ride on this team.

Not elite but it's not as bad as you'd suggest...in this awful stretch of 7 games they are at around 2 goals/game with their best players not producing. It was bound to happen, just based on their luck evening out. Habs weren't going to end up with 3.5-4.0 goals/game over 82 games. What's concerning is their inability to keep teams from scoring 2 or less. 5th game in last 6 opposition gets 3 goals. No team will win averaging 3.0 GAA.

Bergevin needs to get a top 6 winger this season or he really drops the ball. We've had enough scrub GMs like Gauthier and Gainey blow away opportunities to win or go for it by breaking bank on short term/aging/over the hill players or throw away talent.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
That Subban contract is having a rocky start...he needs to go back to his last years form. Idk wtf he did this offseason but it didn't work.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
I want to see MT's nuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost ripping MB a new hole,
and the Habs not playing like a bunch of schmoes.

Everybody knows we will lose again in Ottawa,
and that simply goes to show,
that during this time and this place
coaching and management seriously blow.........

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Andrighetto scoring goals and creating chances but not even playing 10 minutes...

Weise is on the A list evidently.
Plecky and Eller suck together.
Chucky and Pac suck even more.
DD and Flash once again creating the most chances and Carr was very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad