WC: Slovakia 2023 Roster Talk

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not familiar with Slovak selection process at all.

Thought Rybar would be a lock. Is he not interested or has team made the decision to exclude KHL players?

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Tatar- Hrivik - Cehlarik
Slafkovsky - Ruzicka - Regenda
Kelemen - Hudacek - Chromiak
Liska - Kristof - Dano
M.Pospisil , Studenic

Gernat - Cernak
Fehevary - Ceresnak
Cajkovsky - Nemec
Knazko - Jaros

Halak
Rybar
Huska

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Tatar- Hrivik - Cehlarik
Slafkovsky - Ruzicka - Regenda
Kelemen - Hudacek - Chromiak
Liska - Kristof - Dano
M.Pospisil , Studenic

Gernat - Cernak
Fehevary - Ceresnak
Cajkovsky - Nemec
Knazko - Jaros

Halak
Rybar
Huska
What's this? Because it's certainly not the Slovakia WCH roster. Or are you posting a theoretical best on best rosters?

Reactions: hellwar9

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Martin Reway is doing great in the slovakian league playoffs. Its return from dead. Could be a canidate for this team.
He is powerplay expert but 5 on 5 he is practically invisible. I don't think that it is enough for international hockey.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Stanislav Skovranek stonewalling Slovan in the playoffs. Potential 3rd goalie maybe?
Well OP has him penciled as a backup way back in February so I'd imagine what he has done since certainly hasn't hurt his chances. If it's between him and Hlavaj I would take him in a heartbeat.

Reactions: jcbio11

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Okuliar just got nominated for Czech rookie of the year which, based on merit, he should win. He is definitely making a strong case to make the team, much more so than Reway.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Juraj Mikus is top player in czechia league year after year...but never gets the chance in WC.
Points are not everything. He was always average, sometimes below average in the national team. He wasn't outstanding offensively and especially defensively. And that was when he was in his prime hockey years. He's been slower and slower every year for the last 5 years. It's enough for the Czech Extraliga, although I don't understand how it's possible, but now he wouldn't fit even in the 6th defensive pair in the national team hierarchy. With the typology that Craig Ramsay is building here, even younger defenders from the Slovak league would be more impactful.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Is not Tomas Marcinko an option? He is having a great season and playoffs. Lots of experiance and good defensivly. Would be a good bottom 6 center.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Any roster projections with only the players available (so no KHL players or NHL players likely to be busy in the play-offs)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad