Slovak prospects - Top 10 rankings (updated July 3rd)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Interesting all the changes in the evolution of talents in 7 months. How would you reclassify this list currently?
Quite a few changes, I think. Lots of progress made in places while others stalled quite a bit. If Chromiak was included as a 2005 born, even though he’s a 2024 eligible, he’d be third and everyone bumped down below.

1. Slafkovsky
2. Nemec
3. Ciernik
4. Dvorsky
5. Mesar
6. Molnar
7. Petrovsky
8. Sykora
9. Kmec
10. Elias

Reactions: mirec04 and JotAlan

Apr 29, 2022
Very soon, but class 2007 looks really promising:

Jan Chovan - U16 SM-sarja - according to the 1,61 ppg in U16 SM-sarja, probably the best 07 in Finland for now
Michal Svrcek - Slovakia U18 - similar performances and productivity, although Filip Mesar had at the same age, there are even similar types of players
Samuel Misak - Slovakia U18 2 - lower quality league, he would need to play at better level, but he has better productivity than Dalibor Dvorsky had at the same age, and I think that this season the league has a bit higher quality, than when Dalibor played here... very dominant performances
Luka Radivojevic - U16 Div.1 - currently the best defender from this birthyear from Slovakia

Late born 07's:
Tobias Tomik - Slovakia U18 - he is really good, I saw some of his highlights and this kid could be sniper what Slovakia needs, he had similar productivity as the last time has in the same age in the same league Juraj Slafkovsky, but he was much stronger and taller
Adam Nemec - Slovakia U18 2 - Simon Nemec's brother, has the same, if not higher potential than Simon
Vladimir Dravecky - Czech U17 - it's not often that such a young player gets a chance in this age group in the Czech Republic, definitely a potential player to watch

Interesting players can also be:
Martin Kalis, Alex Misiak, Michal Cunderlik, Michal Capos, Kristian Kriska, Marcel Kimak, Adam Salon, Jakub Dubravik, Adam Kalman, ?Roberto Leonardo Henriquez?, Tomas Chrenko (late 07)

It's really too early, but today the 2007 class is shown at a minimum one, if not two levels better than 2006. And it's good that it's not just about the birthyears 2004 and 2005.
Michal Svrček and Jakub Dubravík also played in Slovakia U20. Svrček with 14 games played 2+2. Dubravík with 6 games played 2+1.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I would like to point out one name - Tomas Chrenko.
He was the most productive player in U16 league and has had almost 1 PPG in U18 although played only few games in there.
It needs to be mentioned in case of U16 that last games he has played against better competition, in the top west group, what eliteprospects unfortunately doesn't distinguish.
He was also named as the best forward at Slovak championship tournament between 4 top teams scoring 6 points in 3 games.
I am curious how and where he will play in the next season. I assume he will stay in Nitra since they are having quite good results in young player's development in last years.

Reactions: 999 and hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Yes, as I said, 2007 birthyear can be great. There are also some other names which have appeared in that time since my post.

Reactions: 999

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
As only Nemec, Slaf and Sykora have meaningful hockey left to play, 2022 class can be ranked.

1. Slafkovsky
2. Nemec
3. Mesar
4. Sykora
5. Petrovsky
6. Kmec
7. Zlnka
8. Repcik
9. Sotek
10. Elias

I think 7 players get drafted, the top 6, than any other 1 player that scouts like.

2023 class a year away:

1A. Ciernik
1B. Dvorsky
3. Molnar
4. Jencko
5. Strbak
6. Eperjesi
7. Misiak
8. Honzek
9. Urban
10. Sisik

Last edited:

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
As only Nemec, Slaf and Sykora have meaningful hockey left to play, 2022 class can be ranked.

1. Slafkovsky
2. Nemec
3. Mesar
4. Sykora
5. Petrovsky
6. Kmec
7. Zlnka
8. Repcik
9. Sotek
10. Elias

I think 7 players get drafted, the top 6, than any other 1 player that scouts like.

2023 class a year away:

1A. Ciernik
1B. Dvorsky
3. Molnar
4. Jencko
5. Strbak
6. Eperjesi
7. Misiak
8. Honzek
9. Kopecky
10. Urban
Kopecky is eligible for 2022 draft

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
How many will be drafted this year?

Slaf - 100%
Nemec - 100%
Mesar - 100%
Sykora - 100%
Petrovsky - 100%
Sotek - 40%
Jedlicka - 40%
Kmec - 40%
Elias - 25%
Zlnka - 15%
Repcik - 10%

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
How many will be drafted this year?

Slaf - 100%
Nemec - 100%
Mesar - 100%
Sykora - 100%
Petrovsky - 100%
Sotek - 40%
Jedlicka - 40%
Kmec - 40%
Elias - 25%
Zlnka - 15%
Repcik - 10%
Mosko communicated with several clubs, his chances I would put at least at the level of Elias. But otherwise I agree.

Reactions: Antiillafire

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I'd love to see one of the big two Slovaks in Ottawa. I think they both fit our needs so well. And with the Slovaks we have had in the past and the country being smaller or less wealthy than other big hockey countries I've got a soft spot for Slovak hockey. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much chance we get one unless we trade for the Devil's pick.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
What’s the justification for Honzek at 4? I am not even sure he’s top 10 or 15. I think Jan Korec could be a real riser, good numbers and just committed to Boston College. Thanks for the update again :)

Pardon me, when I first read this message I couldn't answer and then I completely forgot about it.

I admit I have very limited viewings of the the 2023 class and barely any of the 2024 class yet. But I've had the chance to watch Dukla Trencin a few times in the last couple of seasons, and like what I saw from Honzek at the U18 championship. That's also the first time I had a chance to watch some of the other prospects in that class, such as Eperjesi, for example.

Most people like to talk about Dvorsky, but in the games I watched, I gotta say Ciernik also stood out like a prospect with very high potential.

Honzek isn't some super skilled guy, but is showing up in the right spots and is effective in the slot and around the crease.

Anyway, I'll update the 2023 and 2024 rankings sometime after the upcoming draft.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
My final 2022 rankings have been updated now that the draft is closing in. Link here.

- Sykora climbs ahead of Petrovsky and also (maybe a less popular opinion) ahead of Mesar.
- Mosko and Sotek climbs above Elias.
- Stetka makes the top 10. Natny falls outside.

Overall, a very good looking draft class for Slovakia. The top 5 on the list should all guaranteed be drafted.

Because he's an overager, Jedlicka isn't ranked, but I think he will get selected sometime in the late rounds too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad