Proposal: Skinner to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Skinner's played over 70 games the past 3 seasons, looks to me as if his injury concerns are behind him.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Done. Skinner is one hit away from his career being over.

Problem is Grabovski is also one hit away from his career being over. If it was straight up for Strome then I understand your point but since Grabovski has the same injury issues the Islanders have to add a pair of firsts.

See how stupid I sound there. Do you see the comparison in our arguments? If Skinner is truly that close to being the next Horton or Savard then stop taking trade offers and tell the poster that since you wouldn't trade for Horton you shouldn't trade for Skinner. Right? Lol

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm not as sure as my fellow Canes fans if I would do this deal. His injuries are obviously a big concern, but I think the real issue is that he still looks like a child. He's 24 years old and he looks like he needs a baby sitter. That can't be one of the older guys on a young team with so many players looking up to him for leadership. With the Islanders he can settled in as one of the younger players with plenty of veteran insulation. I think if the Isles added a 6th rounder in 2020, I'd be able to get fully on board.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
to Isles: Jeff Skinner

to Canes: Ryan Strome and Grabovski

Think Canes building a nice up and coming team, Strome will add to the mix. Isles find their guy with Skinner who is severely underrated in Carolina. Skinner needs a change of scenery, would do wonders with JT on the PP. 2 time 30 goal scorer.

Grabovski will pretty much be on LTIR any ways so this deal is pretty much Strome for Skinner. Would tend to think that Ronny Francis does this in a heartbeat considering that Skinner is one hit away from never playing again.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Grabovski will pretty much be on LTIR any ways so this deal is pretty much Strome for Skinner. Would tend to think that Ronny Francis does this in a heartbeat considering that Skinner is one hit away from never playing again.

Not to mention his albatross of a contract.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'm fairly certain after the 2014-15 your response would have been the EXACT opposite. I would go on, but......:deadhorse

Anyway, I don't think Skinner is the type of player the Isles should be looking to acquire because he isn't going to put them over the top OR add something that the team is missing. If the Isles didn't have Strome, I wouldn't want to acquire him either mainly due to consistency issues.

No. Just no. There have been posters over the years that have been ok with trading him but clumping all canes fans as people who wanted him gone after that year is comical.

I've never wanted him traded. Not once.

Until the OP came forth with that offer of course. I'm starting to come around. I think Grabovsky would add an element of vet experience and grit to our young group.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Any time you can nab an 8 goal player, and only have to give up a 30 goal player to do it, you jump on that. That a 9 goal player is just being added in to sweeten the pot just makes it even more of a no-brainer.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Any time you can nab an 8 goal player, and only have to give up a 30 goal player to do it, you jump on that. That a 9 goal player is just being added in to sweeten the pot just makes it even more of a no-brainer.

You have to factor in the intangibles. Tangibles are so over rated.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Wow. That OP is a sweet offer. I don't think people are saying enough how Skinner is one hit away from never playing again enough. Seriously - the guy has had 8 concussions in the past 2 seasons alone. That's not even counting the offseason. I'm pretty surprised he has value to get Strome alone, never mind the Grabovski addition!

I did an exercise:

Mikhail Grabovski: 125 goals in 534 games
Ryan Strome: 32 goals in 189 games
Jeff Skinner: 143 goals in 413 games.

Grabo+Strome = 157 goals
Skinner = 143 goals
Difference = 14 extra goals!

Furthermore,
Grabo+Strome=723 games
Skinner=413 games
So we get 310 extra games out of it too! That's the equivalent of gaining 3.78 NHL forwards for an entire season. Sign me up.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Wow. That OP is a sweet offer. I don't think people are saying enough how Skinner is one hit away from never playing again enough. Seriously - the guy has had 8 concussions in the past 2 seasons alone. That's not even counting the offseason. I'm pretty surprised he has value to get Strome alone, never mind the Grabovski addition!

I did an exercise:

Grabo+Strome = 157 goals
Skinner = 143 goals

Furthermore,
Grabo+Strome=723 games
Skinner=413 games
So we get 310 extra games out of it too! That's the equivalent of gaining 3.78 NHL forwards for an entire season. Sign me up.

The Canes hired stats guru Eric Tulsky for just this type of in depth numbers crunching. I'm sure they are working the adding machines right now at Edwards Mill Rd.

accountants.gif

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I really think Rask has the potential to smile if he were coached properly and given time to grow into the role.

I'm not sure they have the right coaches in place to teach proper smiling. Maybe they can hire former Hurricane legend Chad Larsose part-time as Director of Player Personnel's smiles.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

I did an exercise:

Grabo+Strome = 157 goals
Skinner = 143 goals

Furthermore,
Grabo+Strome=723 games
Skinner=413 games

That's a lie and you know it. There were 8 documented concussions. The real number is closer to fourty thousand million concussions.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
I forgot how we were supposed to react on these things. :laugh:

Yeah, nevermind what I said before. Let's get this deal done before they change their minds. Maybe we throw in Rask too, I don't care for his unenthusiastic goal celebrations.

Well, yeah, I mean, they have been trying to trade him for two years with no takers, you'd almost think they'd have to throw in a first-rounder to get some team to bite.

Maybe in return we can ask them to send a towel soaked in Tavares' butt sweat so some of our crappy players can soak up his greatness.

Garth has stated that the towel is untouchable.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
So the OP makes a "bad trade" proposal. Not one other Islander fan agrees with OP. Every Cane fan makes a mockery out of the post. A simple no would have been fine, but I guess the childish remarks are the better route? :facepalm:

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
So the OP makes a "bad trade" proposal. Not one other Islander fan agrees with OP. Every Cane fan makes a mockery out of the post. A simple no would have been fine, but I guess the childish remarks are the better route? :facepalm:

It must be nice being a fan of a team that doesn't receive ridiculous trade proposals on this board on a weekly basis huh? :help:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Come now... Canes fans have mocked every single Jeff Skinner thread that has been created over the past 2-3 years because they are all exactly the same. This isn't discriminatory.

Nobody wants to pay the real cost for a 24 year old 30 goal scorer. Everybody thinks they can low ball the Canes because he is "injury prone" (he isn't) and he "needs a change of scenery" (he doesn't). Skinner has played 93.5% of games over the past three seasons. That is 230 of 246 games. Skinner had arguably his best year as a Hurricane last year at 23 years old.

The narrative is just funny at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad