GDT: SKA vs Dinamo Minsk - October 3, 12:10 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
IMG_0018.jpeg
IMG_0019.jpeg

KHL press office
1 October 2024, 17:25

Best players of September​

- Best rookie for the first time in his career was forward Ivan Demidov (SKA), who scored 8 (4+4) points with a plus-7 differential. The SKA forward potted a double, recorded five hits, blocked three shots, and posted two takeaways. Demidov was SKA’s third player to be awarded the best rookie honors for the month, following Kirill Marchenko and Ivan Morozov.

Last edited:

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
Bring him to Laval ASAP. Never thought I'd say this, but in this particular case, Laval is better than Russia!
Probably not, he's still in the Russian NHL for whatever that's worth. But still, very questionable coaching. You have to look at this and just tell yourself there's quasi nothing Demidov can do to get more minutes, at all. Unless he gets 3g 2a in 5 mins TOI and even then that will probably make the hc look bad so he will be punished even more.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
He has 8 points in 10 games, ice time is not an issue guys.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Kinda is though..if he played top 2 lines he'd have more ice time AND better teammates...He'd have 15 points minimum. We're not even considering how much more time he'd have if he was actually on PP

Reactions: SlafySZN

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Am I the only one not getting bothered by his usage?

Until now he looks like he's responding well to that and trying to make the most from his short few shifts.
He's facing adversity and not allowed any mistakes after being his team's god last year.
I mean being held to a very high standard to earn ice time is not looking like it's affecting him.
If anything, he will thrive once he get's over here after a full season battling and pushing himself for ice time.

Not worried for him, he strikes me like a competitive person who will respond positively to adversity and not whine about ice time.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

Until now he looks like he's responding well to that and trying to make the most from his short few shifts.
He's facing adversity and not allowed any mistakes after being his team's god last year.
I mean being held to a very high standard to earn ice time is not looking like it's affecting him.
If anything, he will thrive once he get's over here after a full season battling and pushing himself for ice time.

Not worried for him, he strikes me like a competitive person who will respond positively to adversity and not whine about ice time.
Not worried for him. It just sucks that they’re not playing their best offensive player in the role he deserves. He’s 2nd in goals and points on the team.

Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I don’t think anyone is worried that Demidov is going to crack and start underperforming because of his usage. The problem is the mindset of the coach who doesn’t give a shit about one of his best players because a) he’s a rookie and b) he’s leaving at the end of the year. Hockey, and all sports for that matter, should be a meritocracy. Meanwhile we have this moron who thinks he’s Scotty Bowman with the tough love approach.

You can’t tell me Rotenberg doesn’t see that Demidov does something positive every shift and that he thinks the solution to improving his team is to give Ivan less time on ice.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Ice time is probably not an issue in his development. But let’s be honest, his production has little correlation with TOI. He would be top-5 in the KHL if they give him normal ice time. His numbers are artificially kept down.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Young kids like Demi and Michkov dream about going to the NHL to become the absolute best in the world at their craft , extremely competitive.

Not suprised a KHL propaganda coach see's that as a threat to the integrity of the league , what would it say about the league if Michkov or Demi had pp1 time on SKA and started leading the league in scoring as 18-19 year olds whos only goal in life is to get the hell out of that farmer's league. It would show how weak it really is

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

On an intellectual level, Im not bothered by his usage. As a fan it bothers me because I want to be entertained and it annoys my sense of fairness.

This is not really on SKA, but it just started bothering me that we could use him for 15 minutes+ with all the disasters befalling the Habs while he’s riding the pine in a lesser league. Even though his development will be fine whatever happens.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
On an intellectual level, Im not bothered by his usage. As a fan it bothers me because I want to be entertained and it annoys my sense of fairness.

This is not really on SKA, but it just started bothering me that we could use him for 15 minutes+ with all the disasters befalling the Habs while he’s riding the pine in a lesser league. Even though his development will be fine whatever happens.
Its hard to not be a little ticked off when he wins rookie of the month and is practicing on the 4th line lol , like its so egregious

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Ice time is probably not an issue in his development. But let’s be honest, his production has little correlation with TOI. He would be top-5 in the KHL if they give him normal ice time. His numbers are artificially kept down.

The initial concern was if the transition from MHL to KHL would be a success. I personally couldn't care less if he isn't top 5 in scoring, having 8 points in 10 games with a limited TOI and seeing how great he looks when he's on the ice should be super reassuring.

His total points is gravy, his development is not being hindered. He looks like the real deal.

Reactions: Kennerback

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad