Confirmed with Link: SKA Officially Terminates Matvei Michkov’s Contract - He’s Coming! upd: signs ELC on 7/1

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
5,000 people 10 minutes before the game?

Place holds 44
I know, I go frequently. The seats are half empty until the 3rd inning, after people have eaten, drank, etc.

As I said, I feel sorry for the kid, he is being promoted as a savior because Comcast won’t allow a proper rebuild, or because Briere is inept, either way it’s unfair to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know, I go frequently. The seats are half empty until the 3rd inning, after people have eaten, drank, etc.

As I said, I feel sorry for the kid, he is being promoted as a savior because Comcast won’t allow a proper rebuild, or because Briere is inept, either way it’s unfair to him.

It is indeed going to be infuriating when he's fully scapegoated for management's failure to build a team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

He wanted to be in a place that matted, this is exactly to his personality.

It is indeed going to be infuriating when he's fully scapegoated for management's failure to build a team.
The thing here is that if it doesn’t work, they’ll all get blown out, as whatever their plan was will have failed. If Michkov burns out, they’re still at the bottom.

Reactions: scumpup

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Random thought question. When that previous GM was the current GM for the Wild he rarely drafted Russians. Kaprizov was very much a notable exception. Even then he never really put forth significant effort to communicate with him. To the point I wondered how strong his Russian player opposition is/was.

If that dum dum was still employed to ruin the Flyers. Does anyone thing he may have bypassed Michkov in lieu of a much more Fletcher type of pick?

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Random thought question. When that previous GM was the current GM for the Wild he rarely drafted Russians. Kaprizov was very much a notable exception. Even then he never really put forth significant effort to communicate with him. To the point I wondered how strong his Russian player opposition is/was.

If that dum dum was still employed to ruin the Flyers. Does anyone thing he may have bypassed Michkov in lieu of a much more Fletcher type of pick?
Does a bear shit in the woods

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
China with a billion and a half people and not being able to produce even minor league baseball players considering the success of their neighboring Asian countries is bananas to me.

Reactions: themilosh

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Michkov’s best bud so far looks like.

IMG_7632.jpeg

Reactions: ybnvs

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They can't even produce enough large Michkov jersey's for Fanatics either...
I'm guessing you're looking at the Flyers website where they're sold out.

They haven't released this years' models yet but if you really want one you can buy one from Fanatics with their shitty customization or just buy a blank one from Fanatics and send it to Philly Express through the Skate Zone or the store at the WFC to get proper customization.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
In an interview Michkov himself said he was 180cm. That’s a shade under 5’11 but basically 5’11. Photo judgement is iffy at best.

I remember a girl from Sochi TV cast once said she couldn't date Michkov because by her opinion a girl shouldn't be taller than her boyfriend. She said she was 5'7 (170 cm)...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Zamula is a big 6'3 having interviewed him... a 192cm guy not a 190cm guy.

Michkov is not 180cm though. He is probably somewhere in the 176-177 range is my guess. I.E around 5'10.

Thanks. If Zamula is 6'3 then I doubt Michkov is 5'10.

There is a famous Father Ted comedy scene that applies here:

Michkov is stood a good 20cm or so further back than Zamula in terms of where the camera is. So that impacts perception.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Zamula is a big 6'3 having interviewed him... a 192cm guy not a 190cm guy.

Michkov is not 180cm though. He is probably somewhere in the 176-177 range is my guess. I.E around 5'10.

There is a famous Father Ted comedy scene that applies here:

Michkov is stood a good 20cm or so further back than Zamula in terms of where the camera is. So that impacts perception.

ahh...good old Father Ted...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1