Confirmed with Link: SKA Officially Terminates Matvei Michkov’s Contract - He’s Coming! upd: signs ELC on 7/1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Erected outside the Flyers locker room

th-3317867504.jpg

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Michkov’s best bud so far looks like.

View attachment 901637
He confuses me. Sometimes he looks like a child (I still remember that picture with him and Ovechkin). Then I saw him with Briere and he didn't look small at all (I know Briere isn't the tallest himself, but still).
Now here he makes Zamula look like Andre the Giant...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don't think you can have camps until the league year officially opens on 9/15.

The rookie games are 9/13 and 9/14 and they usually have a mini camp a couple days before.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
I'm guessing you're looking at the Flyers website where they're sold out.

They haven't released this years' models yet but if you really want one you can buy one from Fanatics with their shitty customization or just buy a blank one from Fanatics and send it to Philly Express through the Skate Zone or the store at the WFC to get proper customization.

So I ordered a jersey 10 days ago now (received a confirmation # by email), but no follow-up shipping email. I sent over and email and tried calling for an update...no response.

Anyone else have any experience buying from Wells Fargo Center?

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
On a side note, what do Latvians think of Znarok?

We remember him as a hockey player that did not give away an inch on ice, ever. We ALL remember THAT goal he scored back in 1996 vs Switzerland that elevated us to Elite DIvison and we have never been eliminated since. I was 3 years old back then, but I have read so much of this that the year and team he did that against was immediate memory.

During Russian war he distanced himself a lot from politics, his daughter married Panarin and it seems like Znarok is distancing himself purely not to hurt Artemi and his own daughter. He has very valuable properties in Latvia, but you don't hear of him at all, very low profile.

Edit: found it:

Edit#2: this goal has literally entered Latvian hockey culture. As in - if you cannot score a cute goal when it matters - just stab it in like Znaroks did vs SUI.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
We remember him as a hockey player that did not give away an inch on ice, ever. We ALL remember THAT goal he scored back in 1996 vs Switzerland that elevated us to Elite DIvison and we have never been eliminated since. I was 3 years old back then, but I have read so much of this that the year and team he did that against was immediate memory.

During Russian war he distanced himself a lot from politics, his daughter married Panarin and it seems like Znarok is distancing himself purely not to hurt Artemi and his own daughter. He has very valuable properties in Latvia, but you don't hear of him at all, very low profile.

Edit: found it:

Edit#2: this goal has literally entered Latvian hockey culture. As in - if you cannot score a cute goal when it matters - just stab it in like Znaroks did vs SUI.

Cool. Yea I asked because Znarok is a celebrated player and coach for Latvia, but has that Latvia/Russia cross-over about him..... and anything relating to Russia seems to be stigmatized nowadays.

But too much is made of Panarin's situation, nobody cares. I think Znarok just does what he does, he's never been political. .
He was just at Ovechkin/Panarin/Sergachev's charity game and was saying he really wants to get back into coaching in KHL.

Last edited:

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Cool. Yea I asked because Znarok is a celebrated player and coach for Latvia, but has that Latvia/Russia cross-over about him..... and anything relating to Russia seems to be stigmatized nowadays.

But too much is made of Panarin's situation, nobody cares. I think Znarok just does what he does, he's never been political. .
He was just at Ovechkin/Panarin/Sergachev's charity game and was saying he really wants to get back into coaching in KHL.

If you ask a Latvian about Znarok, surely there will be different opinions because of the stigma you mentioned. But predominant mood/opinion anyway will be positive.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
If you ask a Latvian about Znarok, surely there will be different opinions because of the stigma you mentioned. But predominant mood/opinion anyway will be positive.
Well, he always drew criticism for not learning latvian, even during his coaching of the national team, revoking his Latvian citizenship and, after 2014, for coaching Russian NT. His, lets say, less than pleasant personality never helped his public image.
On the other hand, as you said, oldschool fans still respect him as one of the greatest players of the 90s, and the fact that he was never political kind of overshadowed the negatives. People now have sort of a humorous / condescending attitude towards him - a guy from a Russian industrial province, simple, uneducated, not smart enough to learn the language or culture, and to make the right choices. What can you actually ask of him? Lets just let him be, he was never truly "ours".

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Well, he always drew criticism for not learning latvian, even during his coaching of the national team, revoking his Latvian citizenship and, after 2014, for coaching Russian NT. His, lets say, less than pleasant personality never helped his public image.
On the other hand, as you said, oldschool fans still respect him as one of the greatest players of the 90s, and the fact that he was never political kind of overshadowed the negatives. People now have sort of a humorous / condescending attitude towards him - a guy from a Russian industrial province, simple, uneducated, not smart enough to learn the language or culture, and to make the right choices. What can you actually ask of him? Lets just let him be, he was never truly "ours".

I mean, many players of that time did not learn Latvian, it's not like Znarok was/is an outlier. Not saying that's a good thing, just putting it in context for others.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Znarok is even a bigger dick than Torts. It's a good sign Michkov is getting along with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad