Confirmed with Link: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 VGK 1st round pick (conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Getting 3-400K riding the bus is always more tolerable;). It's not smart... but it is a reality minor league $ for ELC's suck. Too bad you can't give an 1yr ELC extenstion before the RFA bridging starts. "We'll give you more minor league $ for an extra year of controlabilty''

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah pretty much completely agree. I think Askarov is going about it the wrong way but he also has way less of a path to being a backup in the near term or a starter in the long term than Saros did when he was a prospect. Obviously the boss has changed since then but I'd also be interested to know what plan they sold Askarov on to get him to come over to Milwaukee rather than stay in the KHL. Real of perceived changes to that plan could also add to the frustration for him.
Well he did have rookie bonus money in his contract too. I don’t know what the breakdown was on those. But they’re usually for pretty mundane things. Like playing a certain number of NHL games. Maybe he thought when he signed the contract that he’d get those too? His full salary with the bonuses would have been $1.775M. So there’s a bigger gap between that and $200-300k than just the basic ELC $. Maybe he thinks the Preds are ripping him off in terms of having the opportunity to make that even bigger payday? :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Last year for askarovs signing bonus to help fortify his pay. Pretty much a sure thing that if he doesnt get NHL games this season that his overall pay next season will take a significant dip upless he gets an offersheet.

olli

Most unbiased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
Personally, I think San Jose has some enticing prospects. A guy like William Eklund could do the trick for me. I also like David Edström, though I think he's a tad more physical Svechkov at this point but that might be the return we have to "settle" for.

I also think the Sharks' new GM has shown that he isn't afraid to make moves, so yeah, makes sense that they're on the top of the list as of right now.
Sharks aren’t trading those guys for goalie LOL

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Not Eklund, no.

But Edstom is no particularly highly touted prospect. I think it's doubtful that he's good enough for the Preds to accept. He's a borderline 1st/2nd round prospect. Where Askarov is #1 on our prospect list, we'd probably start looking at Edstrom around #8? So it'd be a step back for the Preds to be sure, and I don't think Trotz would take that yet... he'd be looking for something better first. To me, end of the day, if Edstrom was the best we could get, and it was between him and a 2nd round pick or worse offers, I'd eventually grudgingly take Edstrom.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not Eklund, no.

But Edstom is no particularly highly touted prospect. I think it's doubtful that he's good enough for the Preds to accept. He's a borderline 1st/2nd round prospect. Where Askarov is #1 on our prospect list, we'd probably start looking at Edstrom around #8? So it'd be a step back for the Preds to be sure, and I don't think Trotz would take that yet... he'd be looking for something better first. To me, end of the day, if Edstrom was the best we could get, and it was between him and a 2nd round pick or worse offers, I'd eventually grudgingly take Edstrom.
I like edstrom a lot, more than most I expect, but a 1 for 1 swap for Askarov ain’t good value for Preds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flgatorguy87

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
All things considered.... we traded a former 1st rounder, a 3rd, and an undrafted prospect for a former 1st rounder in a position of need, a 2025 1st round pick, and a tall uninteresting goalie prospect. Not bad at all. I like Edström and now we have 3 1st round picks next draft that we can use or create a package for a different player.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

One of the writers compared him to Joel Eriksson Ek which wouldnt be a bad addition

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Not bad all things considered, the real interesting part will be at the draft, Vegas may suck this year.
Yeah given the circumstances I think that's an ok return, but still sucks that we could have had Jarvis or Lundell on our roster today if we hadn't drafted Askarov. I think this move puts even more pressure on us to have success in the next few seasons. I'm optimistic we can make some noise but if five years from now all we got are some first round exits and Askarov ends up a top goalie in the league this is going to have looked like an idiotic series of choices. That being said Askarov may have just screwed himself because there are pretty high odds he's going to get absolutely shelled playing in San Jose.

Also:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Would have rather not gotten the 1st and instead got a better prospect. That said, I like it. I was hoping (realistically) that we'd get a 1st and a good/great prospect and that's what we got.

As for the organization, the Preds have a top-10 prospect pool, 3 first rounders in this year's draft, and just got a huge haul at FA. I'd say we're in a good spot.

Reactions: PredsV82

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Ehh, not bad. Future 3C perhaps and a 1st. Seems we're pretty loaded for the draft next year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad