Confirmed with Link: Dakota Joshua to Miss Start of Training Camp Due to Testicular Cancer Diagnosis (tumor successfully removed, prognosis positive)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
From a personal perspective, thank goodness it sounds like it was caught quickly and best wishes to him.

From a hockey perspective ... shiiiiiiiit. The amount of players with an injured/affected start to the season is really starting to mount up.

Posted this in the other thread but now it makes total sense why Allvin told Drance that the team will need to operate LTIR for part of the season.

Reactions: God

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Hopefully he's doing good.

Says he will miss the start of training camp. Likely the start of the season I assume rick won't play him even if he could until he works out hard. And who knows when he will play with this type of scare.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
All the best to Dakota. Health comes first.

From a hockey perspective, I wonder how this affects our lines if he misses time. We might see Heinen on the third line and see Suter start on the Miller line. Could even see Sherwood there to play his role.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
All the best to Dakota. Health comes first.

From a hockey perspective, I wonder how this affects our lines if he misses time. We might see Heinen on the third line and see Suter start on the Miller line. Could even see Sherwood there to play his role.
I think this might have been the Sammy Blais PTO from the timeline they put in the post. Hopefully he is back soon and healthy and it isn't an extended treatment

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think this might have been the Sammy Blais PTO from the timeline they put in the post. Hopefully he is back soon and healthy and it isn't an extended treatment
Yeah, glad he caught it early and hope he’s back healthy. He did participate in the Van Hockey School charity pro camp a couple of weeks back - hope that was after the surgery and he’s feeling good.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
From the precise wording, it's also possible he misses the camp but plays in the pre-season or is even ready for the start of the season. They never give us any sort of firm timeline for injuries.

Yeah that's how I read it. Could change the thread title. When I first read it as start of season I assumed he was ruled out for first games of regular season already.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Glad that it was caught early. Wishing Joshua a speedy recovery.

Should make an interesting camp as there's another spot open. I wonder if the Blais PTO was made with Joshua's recovery in mind.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
That blows. Poor guy. I hope he takes the time he needs

If he expects to be coming back quickly, chemotherapy is probably/hopefully unnecessary? (which probably means the whole testicle has been removed - "Surgery to remove the testicle (orchidectomy) is the main treatment for testicular cancer. It may be the only treatment you need)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad