Confirmed with Link: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 VGK 1st round pick (conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
People want to talk about " the path ", but the only reason that mattered was the money, plain and simple.

Well, of course, it's a business. If you are talented at what you do, you want to be paid for it. Why you are demonizing Askarov for it? Was he supposed to just sit back and not earn his full potential?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
All I read was it being Vegas 1st with the condition that they could swap it with their own 1st in '25 so we get the lower one. How could they even give Vegas 1st if there's a condition where they may not get it?

Or is the condition dependent on that condition to be met?
Same condition applies. So it's a top 10 protected pick this year, and if Vegas winds up in the top 10 then we get Vegas' 26 unprotected 1st.

If we trade Tampa's pick this season the same thing would apply to that pick for whoever we send it to.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
No it it isn't what you said. The pick traded was the Vegas pick ... as detailed. You claimed it was either the SJ or Vegas pick which isn't what was traded. Shake your head at yourself and the lack of integrity in your posts.

The Preds' tweet states Vegas pick. NHL, MSN, Yahoo, TSN all state Vegas pick. Puckpedia has it as the Vegas pick. That pick is top 10 protected as is the Tampa pick we have this first round from the Jeannot trade.
This is what nbc sports reports

"Per the Sharks, “should the Vegas choice be a top-10 selection, San Jose will have the choice to transfer either their own first-round selection in the 2025 NHL Draft, or the Vegas selection.”

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN

"Per the Sharks, “should the Vegas choice be a top-10 selection, San Jose will have the choice to transfer either their own first-round selection in the 2025 NHL Draft, or the Vegas selection.”
Or the Vegas selection in 2026? I feel like that sentence was cut short.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Or the Vegas selection in 2026? I feel like that sentence was cut short.
Has nothing to do with Vegas. The condition is if the Vegas pick is top 10, the Sharks can decide which of the two firsts they own to us.

Basically they’ll send the lower of the two picks to us. So if both teams suck and are in the top 10, we get one of the top 10 picks.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
No it it isn't what you said. The pick traded was the Vegas pick ... as detailed. You claimed it was either the SJ or Vegas pick which isn't what was traded. Shake your head at yourself and the lack of integrity in your posts.

The Preds' tweet states Vegas pick. NHL, MSN, Yahoo, TSN all state Vegas pick. Puckpedia has it as the Vegas pick. That pick is top 10 protected as is the Tampa pick we have this first round from the Jeannot trade.
Well that’s what others were saying on here if you scroll back and on the trade times board so it was confusing. You are probably fun at parties lol
Enjoy being bitter. A simple “hey I think is the case” would have been just fine but attack away my friend.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Has nothing to do with Vegas. The condition is if the Vegas pick is top 10, the Sharks can decide which of the two firsts they own to us.

Basically they’ll send the lower of the two picks to us. So if both teams suck and are in the top 10, we get one of the top 10 picks.
Posters in the main board thread seemed to imply there was also a top 10 protection placed on it by Vegas when it went to San Jose, but I actually haven't seen that stated in reporting from that trade now that I've started looking, also not listed in Puck Pedia's draft pick ownership list.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Let’s talk about the players that the Preds got is EdStrom going to be in Milwaukee? Also, will Chrona have a chrome helmet so he could be Chrona-chrome (if you get that reference, I love you)

• Haha
Reactions: SouthNash

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Same condition applies. So it's a top 10 protected pick this year, and if Vegas winds up in the top 10 then we get Vegas' 26 unprotected 1st.

If we trade Tampa's pick this season the same thing would apply to that pick for whoever we send it to.
Vegas has already traded their 2026 pick to Calgary just to muddle things up more. In the end it will all be sorted out. Hopefully Vegas is bad for a long long long time.

Let’s talk about the players that the Preds got is EdStrom going to be in Milwaukee? Also, will Chrona have a chrome helmet so he could be Chrona-chrome (if you get that reference, I love you)
Kodak is a Tennessee company and Paul Simon is a legend

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Vegas has already traded their 2026 pick to Calgary just to muddle things up more. In the end it will all be sorted out. Hopefully Vegas is bad for a long long long time.

Kodak is a Tennessee company and Paul Simon is a legend
The hanifin trade had some crazy conditions around the 1st which was originally Vegas 2025. One of the conditions was that Vegas had to still have it on a certain date but then Vegas traded it for hertl and all in that trade i cant find any conditions on it. That moved Calgary to getting an unconditional 2026 1st so i dont see any way that we could have access to that. So everything i can find seems to show the sharks have Vegas 2025 1st with no conditions and Calgary has Vegas 2026 1st with no conditions.

San Jose likely traded it to us anticipating that it will be a worse pick than their own but wanted to have the flexibility incase it somehow is.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

@101st_fan maybe you should read this before being so rude. It could very well be the sharks first too. The bold text was the best part 🤣🤣🤣

Read the damned details.

"... the Predators are receiving goaltender Magnus Chrona, forward David Edstrom, and the conditional 1st round pick of the Golden Knights in the 2025 NHL Draft:"

The condition on the Vegas pick is it is top ten protected.
lol

• Haha
Reactions: Predsanddead24

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

Lol

See above message, they didn’t quote together for some reason.

When I was wrong I owned it. Let’s see if you are capable of the same.

“Lack of integrity” 🤣🤣🤣

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I posted a tweet yesterday regarding that. I'll save you the trouble of looking for it, Edstrom said back in July that he'll return to Sweden this season and come over next year.

And I'll ask Preds fans to keep Chrona's nickname as Big Time. It's just too good.
We're evidently going big then. We already have Big Sexy and now Big Time. Can we get Big Show for promotions?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
@101st_fan maybe you should read this before being so rude. It could very well be the sharks first too. The bold text was the best part 🤣🤣🤣

lol
Per the Hertl trade, if the Vegas pick is in the top 10, the Sharks don't get it until 2026. The Sharks HAD to specify which pick they were trading and they traded the Vegas pick, not their own. Back to your lying about what you "literally" said (the fact what you claim you said isn't your quote shows your inability to use "literally" correctly) go through mental gymnastics to argue against the very details of the trade because an unnamed member of the Sharks organization said something that doesn't hold up with how the league does business.

• Haha
Reactions: Predsanddead24

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Sharks fan here, the VGK pick was UNPROTECTED in the Hertl trade, all conditions are specific to the trade between SJS and NSH on Friday

The protection details per Friedman and Johnston:

So, in the very unlikely circumstance that Vegas picks top 10 and the Sharks pick 11 or lower SJ get to keep the Vegas pick and send the SJS pick out to NSH instead

Realistically, SJS is sending the Vegas pick and keeping their own, but now San Jose has some lottery protection in case Vegas really bottoms out and the Sharks progress more than expected

The ONLY circumstance in which SJS sends Nashville the higher pick is if Vegas picks 11th or later and San Jose still picks later than they do, which just seems incredibly unlikely, but if that does happen then the Sharks aren't sending back anything higher than pick #11

I think this was a great trade for both teams, San Jose addressed a major area of need in their prospect pool, and Nashville got great value out of a distressed asset that publicly requested a trade, as a Sharks fan I felt we sent out a lot of value for a goalie with so little NHL track record especially given the trade request, so I think you should feel good about the return

I really like what I see from Edstrom, I think you've got a solid middle-six center in the making there, he's probably just a couple of years away though

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Fully expect Askarov to come good- really good- but I’d guess more likely later in his career as he still seems to need some time to out it all together. Will we regret it? Not really with how the window unexpectedly opened for us now. It will be interesting to see if he makes it as a Shark or finally hits big at the stop after that. I could see them tiring of each other before they reach the promised land together but good luck to them.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
There is an outside shot we end up with a 2025 Sharks/Knights pick in the top 10 next season. Just requires both teams to be in the bottom 10. I expect the knights to outplay the sharks but the knights players have to be wrapped in bubble wrap so there is an off chance that team collapses.

Reactions: weastern bias

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
There is an outside shot we end up with a 2025 Sharks/Knights pick in the top 10 next season. Just requires both teams to be in the bottom 10. I expect the knights to outplay the sharks but the knights players have to be wrapped in bubble wrap so there is an off chance that team collapses.
In my mind it's a lottery protection more than anything

Say the Sharks finish 5th worst but the Knights finish 13th worst but win the lottery bumping up to pick #3, San Jose gets to keep the 3rd overall pick and send back #6 or #7 to Nashville instead

Mike Grier was smart enough to protect shark fans from a nightmare scenario where we send out a top draft pick for a goalie prospect with question marks without making sure we still get the higher pick in the equation (unless both picks are outside the top-10, in which case who cares?), and thank God, we lost the rights to pick Tim Stuzle in a year we finished last in the west just 5 years ago, we don't need to go through that again, lol

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Lol

See above message, they didn’t quote together for some reason.

When I was wrong I owned it. Let’s see if you are capable of the same.

“Lack of integrity” 🤣🤣🤣
You really step in it sometimes. The pick trade for was Vegas pick. That is unequivocal. There is a condition, that if that pick is in the top 10, the Sharks have the option of sending their own pick instead. Doesn't change the fact that it was the Vegas pick that was traded.

Protip: Don't get into a semantics argument with @101st_fan. Even if you might be technically correct, the process is painful.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Per the Hertl trade, if the Vegas pick is in the top 10, the Sharks don't get it until 2026. The Sharks HAD to specify which pick they were trading and they traded the Vegas pick, not their own. Back to your lying about what you "literally" said (the fact what you claim you said isn't your quote shows your inability to use "literally" correctly) go through mental gymnastics to argue against the very details of the trade because an unnamed member of the Sharks organization said something that doesn't hold up with how the league does business.
You’re hilarious. I can’t even bother with your antics lol. It clearly states this on the article too. I guess moral of the story is don’t believe everything you see on the internet. Many even on trade rumours board said it could be the sharks pick too.

Either way, no need to get your blood pressure up and so worked up. Just comment and say I don’t believe that’s correct. But to go to the lengths you did and trying to belittle me. It’s childish dude.
Grow up. Enjoy hockey.

You really step in it sometimes. The pick trade for was Vegas pick. That is unequivocal. There is a condition, that if that pick is in the top 10, the Sharks have the option of sending their own pick instead. Doesn't change the fact that it was the Vegas pick that was traded.

Protip: Don't get into a semantics argument with @101st_fan. Even if you might be technically correct, the process is painful.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Per the Hertl trade, if the Vegas pick is in the top 10, the Sharks don't get it until 2026

False, that pick was unconditional due to the Hanifin trade which did have a condition on it. After dealing for Hertl, the Sharks received Vegas' 2025 1st and the Flames received Vegas' 2026 1st.

You are overcomplicating it. Sharks had two first rounders in 2025. The Preds will get the lesser of the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
False, that pick was unconditional due to the Hanifin trade which did have a condition on it. After dealing for Hertl, the Sharks received Vegas' 2025 1st and the Flames received Vegas' 2026 1st.

You are overcomplicating it. Sharks had two first rounders in 2025. The Preds will get the lesser of the two.
This is correct. Any team can drop out of the PO if they get gutted by injuries to their top guys. But, I wouldn't expect LV to miss the PO.

In the end, it's more a missed opportunity for Nash to have gotten a good F in 2020 like Lundell/Jarvis vs taking Askarov as they did have Sarros in the NHL at the time. Were never going to be able to trade Askarov for someone like that 4 years post draft, even if Nash was the one to initiate the trade vs Askarov asking for one.

There's been like 18 first round goalies since the salary cap era in 2005. Elite ones are Price, Rask, Vasi. Then drops a level to Oettinger, Varlamnov. Drops to average to Campbell, Samsanov, Bernier and then busts in Subban, Visitein, Helenius, Iriving, Collum, Pickard. Then the unknown/unproven with the 4 most recent 1sts in Knight (personal issues to deal with), Askarov, Wallstedt, Cossa. Teams really did stop drafting goalies in round 1 in 2010 to now, with only 10 over the past 15 drafts, vs like 8 in the first 5 of the cap era.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

Thank you for clearing this up. I’m sure @101st_fan won’t own being wrong but I don’t need him too either.
I hope the sharks and Vegas picks are both high ones, askarov is a flop, Edstrom is a beast and this deal turns out to be a huge win for us!
Go Predators!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad