Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Egor Afanasyev for Ozzy Wiesblatt

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hmmm I'd take Egor. Maybe he didn't like Nashville? Seems like he's more likely to breakout given his Stat trajectory.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Big win for the Sharks.

Afanaseyev would have to go through waivers this year so I guess the Preds got a younger prospect but this isn’t even close in terms of pure talent. I’m not even sure Ozzy is more than a career energy player at the AHL level. Afanaseyev has legit upside…he’s huge and has a real offensive toolbox. I think he’s gonna have a real shot to be a player in the NHL on this Sharks team this year.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Prospect swap? Most likely that both sides bust, but you never know. Feels like a trade between better AHL stats vs. draft pedigree.
Yeah. It's purely a change of scenery trade but I doubt either player has an impact at the NHL level. I liked Ozzy and thought he was slowly transitioning into what could be a good pest/shit disturber, but with Ty, Kunin and Goodrow in tow we definitely didn't need another.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Purely looking at Egor’s stats, he looks like a young player who will breakout with us. Ozzy isn’t ever going to be an NHL regular. Maybe he will be, but probably not. Big W for MG.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I thought Afanasyev made major strides in his game in AHL this year and is only 23

Odd trade from Preds IMO
Comes down to waivers I think. Preds loaded with guys who could be on the fringe of NHL regular play. Looks like Ozzy was a useful player for the Ads in their playoff run.

Would’ve thought a straight pick would be better return but teams do have to keep their AHL clubs productive.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah. It's purely a change of scenery trade but I doubt either player has an impact at the NHL level. I liked Ozzy and thought he was slowly transitioning into what could be a good pest/shit disturber, but with Ty, Kunin and Goodrow in tow we definitely didn't need another.
Possibly but I think if you are talking Sharks prospects and NHL potential, you are gonna have Afanaseyev way higher than you would’ve had Ozzy. Good to keep expectations low but this could be a sneaky good trade from Grier. 6-4 power forwards who are 23 and score at a PPG pace at the AHL level don’t grow on trees. Even if it turns out he lacks the quickness to be a good NHL player - this is absolutely worth the gamble.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
A Mike Grier trade W? Not sure how this is 1 for 1 considering what both players have done recently.
Huh?

Timo trade looks like a great deal with Muk on track to be a middle pairing guy, Musty just put up 102 points in 53 games in the OHL in his D+1, Zetterlund scored 24 goals and 0.5ppg in the NHL as a 24 YO, AND an early second round pick.

EK65 looking like a steal too. The year before he was traded, he was completely unmovable. Grier managed to get 14OA for a previously unmovable contract.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Possibly but I think if you are talking Sharks prospects and NHL potential, you are gonna have Afanaseyev way higher than you would’ve had Ozzy. Good to keep expectations low but this could be a sneaky good trade from Grier. 6-4 power forwards who are 23 and score at a PPG pace at the AHL level don’t grow on trees. Even if it turns out he lacks the quickness to be a good NHL player - this is absolutely worth the gamble.
100%. Mike seems to be much more aggressive already this offseason in building a roster with players he wants instead of a roster of players that'll get him Celebrini. I trust his motives.

Huh?

Timo trade looks like a great deal with Muk on track to be a middle pairing guy, Musty just put up 102 points in 53 games in the OHL in his D+1, Zetterlund scored 24 goals and 0.5ppg in the NHL as a 24 YO, AND an early second round pick.

EK65 looking like a steal too. The year before he was traded, he was completely unmovable. Grier managed to get 14OA for a previously unmovable contract.
In all fairness, the EK trade wouldn't have happened if he didn't put up a historic season. Kudos to Grier for making the trade but the only reason the contract went from unmovable to movable was because of Erik

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
1719167886375.png

for

1719167972858.png

1719168042657.png

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
There are elements of Ozzy that could really succeed with the right coaching. He could turn into an energy/pesty fourth liner but the kid just has very little hockey sense. Seems like the Preds think they have the right coaching and development staff to make it work and Grier continues his clear out of all things Doug Wilsii.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
There are elements of Ozzy that could really succeed with the right coaching. He could turn into an energy/pesty fourth liner but the kid just has very little hockey sense. Seems like the Preds think they have the right coaching and development staff to make it work and Grier continues his clear out of all things Doug Wilsii.
If there’s any gm I trust to bring out the best in Ozzy it’s Trotz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad